Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Song Of The Month Club - May 2022

What is the Song of the Month Club?

It's a place where musicians come to give and receive feedback on their work. Anyone is welcome, whatever their level of ability.

The spirit of the club is to contribute: if you submit a song for others to comment on, you should also have the courtesy to listen to everyone else's contributions and give as much feedback as possible. Posting a track and not listening and commenting on others is not cool.

The purpose of feedback is to be honest. Essentially you should give your truthful impressions of the song, whether good or bad. Negative feedback, if done in the right spirit and with courtesy, can be the most useful and can help the artist to grow and improve and correct their mistakes.

All submissions are welcome, don't hesitate if you want to contribute. We like all kinds of music and we are particularly fond of vocals (but of course we still love a great instrumental). If you are thinking of experimenting with vocals this is a good place to get started.

We ask that you only post one song per month in this thread - if you're lucky enough to be able to produce more, then please just submit your strongest material

And finally, iOS is not a requirement for posting here. If you've recorded your song using nothing but a ukulele and a Fostex 4 track, that's fine

Comments

• My entry for the month, lyrics in the spoiler:

Here you are
    A moonlit Queen
    The coldest face I’ve ever seen

But there’s one thing I know
    About delusion
    Beauty and grace are a tempting illusion

I saw what I wanted to see
    A lie that was waiting for me

I fell into your eyes
    I fell into your sighs
    I fell into a world of lies where I was paralysed

Cut the cord
    Let it be
    If you want your sanity

Because you know there’s nothing here
    There is not, there is not, that to me is clear

You say there’s nothing
    You claim there’s nothing
    You tell me there’s nothing for me

I fell into your eyes
    I fell into your sighs

Let it go
    Now you’re free
    You can face reality

• This is a music track that I improvised on an iPad with Animoog Z, Moog Model 15, Korg Module Pro, and Continua. I used the MIDI Tape Recorder (within AUM) to capture the performance and AUM to record the audio.

After bringing the AUM audio recording over to my PC, I applied the Lurssen Mastering Console plug-in to the audio mix within Vegas Pro.

It's titled Elegy.

• well I made three tracks this month, I’m happy with that output. From never finnishing a song to finnish at least one song a month. This thread has helped me a lot to motivate me to start finnish stuff. Also lots of fun listening to all of your tracks!

My track this month is called Words

Bandcamp

Spotify

• Again with [[]]togethermachine, a bit more atmospheric this time..

https://open.spotify.com/track/57hrKZMWEXtDYQtYkn0Bqz?si=QE3ckceYSRqejOUbj55ovg

• @martinsa82 said:
    well I made three tracks this month, I’m happy with that output. From never finnishing a song to finnish at least one song a month. This thread has helped me a lot to motivate me to start finnish stuff. Also lots of fun listening to all of your tracks!

Bandcamp

Spotify

Glad to hear it :)

Back in December 2014 someone I know suggested I should write and record at least one song every month, and in January 2015 I started the SOTMC on the forum. We're now 89 months in, and I haven't missed a single month, in fact many months (especially recently as I've gotten much faster) I can manage two songs. Needless to say the songs have got a lot better over time, and I'm really glad I was able to keep this up.

• @martinsa82 said:
    well I made three tracks this month, I’m happy with that output. From never finnishing a song to finnish at least one song a month. This thread has helped me a lot to motivate me to start finnish stuff. Also lots of fun listening to all of your tracks!

Bandcamp

Spotify

A lot going on here with the varied arrangement, the track changes throughout and is interesting and evolving. The piano melodies are very nice, I really like them, they are lyrical and catchy. The way the other instruments weave in and out around them works very well. The intro horns, double bass and synth are great, but the piano that comes in afterwards is definitely the highlight.

• @prtr_jan said:
    Again with [[]]togethermachine, a bit more atmospheric this time..

Nice laid-back track and good use of samples.

• I'll put this in here despite that fact that it is a pretty crazy song concept. But it rare I have something ready to go. Technically written last month but only finalised this month.

• @richardyot said:
    My entry for the month, lyrics in the spoiler:

Here you are
    A moonlit Queen

About delusion

I fell into your eyes
    I fell into your sighs

Cut the cord
    Let it be
    If you want your sanity

You say there’s nothing

I fell into your eyes
    I fell into your sighs

Let it go
    Now you’re free
    You can face reality

Nice one Richard. Breaking up is hard to do! Dug the low key somber vibe which conveyed the feelings in the lyrics nicely.

• @DavidEnglish said:
    This is a music track that I improvised on an iPad with Animoog Z, Moog Model 15, Korg Module Pro, and Continua. I used the MIDI Tape Recorder (within AUM) to capture the performance and AUM to record the audio.

After bringing the AUM audio recording over to my PC, I applied the Lurssen Mastering Console plug-in to the audio mix within Vegas Pro.

It's titled Elegy.

Lovely. Very peaceful vibe.

• @martinsa82 said:

Bandcamp

Spotify

Love the vibe of this tune. The piano was a nice surprise at around :55. Honestly wasn't super keen on the drums that come in at around 1:00 but that's a minor niggle.

• @ecamburn said:

@richardyot said:
    My entry for the month, lyrics in the spoiler:

Here you are
    A moonlit Queen

About delusion

I fell into your eyes
    I fell into your sighs

Cut the cord
    Let it be
    If you want your sanity

You say there’s nothing

I fell into your eyes
    I fell into your sighs

Let it go
    Now you’re free
    You can face reality

Nice one Richard. Breaking up is hard to do! Dug the low key somber vibe which conveyed the feelings in the lyrics nicely.

Thanks! The lyrics are (very loosely) inspired by the Amber Heard/Johnny Depp saga, but could apply to any toxic relationship.

• edited May 2022

Expo Benji Reid
    https://octobergallery.co.uk/exhibitions/benji-reid-laugh-at-gravity

https://soundcloud.com/viventlesmusiques/toucher-terre-jp-simeon-kitusai-doc-sticko

Lyrics:
    Touching the ground
    (Jean-Pierre Simeon, Kitusai on music, Doctor Sticko on the microphone)
    Do not, do not touch the ground says the child
    Which grass in these grasses is the grass that screams?
    Where to put the heel without awakening the beast?
    Hush, whispers the mother,
    Do not sing, do not dance
    The jaws of fire swallow the leg
    The leg of the song, the leg of the dance
    I will go, answers the child
    I will sing, I will dance
    In the air and on the water
    And if they undermine the dreams
    I will fly above my dreams

• @richardyot said:

I like the variations and the arrangement of this song - makes it very interesting. Especially with the moody sort of lyric. Love the synths and the choir like pad. I think when the song came to a pause around 3:00 mark that was a good point to end. Really good song! :smile:

• @DavidEnglish said:
    It's titled Elegy.

Oh, yes! This is really nice. It is a hot day here and this gave me a feeling of chill. I enjoyed it very much.

• @martinsa82 said:

Bandcamp

Spotify

In 2016 I visited the UK for the first time - it was in the middle of Winter and the entire trip I played Gogo Penguin's album V2.0 on the car stereo. That album is etched in my mind as the music of Winter for this reason. I'm sure the band did not intend it so. Anyway, a little story there to just say that your song brought back memories of that trip because the sound and arrangement is very much (to me) like Gogo Penguins'. Really good stuff!! :smiley:

• @prtr_jan said:
    Again with [[]]togethermachine, a bit more atmospheric this time..

This is just so good. It was a little short for me or maybe it felt that way because I enjoyed it so much. But yes, this has a lovely laidback feel with a hint of mystery in it. The samples used make it very interesting. The string instrument (guitar?) is it real? Sounds so good! Thanks for sharing. :)

• @Ailerom said:
    I'll put this in here despite that fact that it is a pretty crazy song concept. But it rare I have something ready to go. Technically written last month but only finalised this month.

This is awesome! I laughed all the way through. Great lyrics! And the switch on at 2:00 mark was a fun touch. Fun guitar with all the layers. I really had fun listening to this....masticating while crying. haha. :smiley:

• @Kitusai said:

That was a fun song! I especially love the photography / concept there. That, with the music, is very captivating. :smile:

• My contribution to the SOTM (May 2022) is a tribute to the The Batman theme song from the movie - which I titled "The Bat". Original theme is by Michael Giacchino.

This song utilises just the beginning section of the melody that makes up the original. I had set a challenge in April in which I was to create 2 minute song every day in less than 2 hours but of course due to work it became a song every 2 days instead. I had watched The Batman movie the night before the 14th song and the theme stayed with me until the next morning. The 14th song then became this tribute. I hope you will enjoy it.

• @spyrogaia said:
    My contribution to the SOTM (May 2022) is a tribute to the The Batman theme song from the movie - which I titled "The Bat". Original theme is by Michael Giacchino.

This song utilises just the beginning section of the melody that makes up the original. I had set a challenge in April in which I was to create 2 minute song every day in less than 2 hours but of course due to work it became a song every 2 days instead. I had watched The Batman movie the night before the 14th song and the theme stayed with me until the next morning. The 14th song then became this tribute. I hope you will enjoy it.

It's a very cinematic piece, with some well-chosen sounds. I love the more textural synth sounds, they feel really modern and give a beautifully edgy vibe to the music. The arrangement is good as well, with the gradual build-up and the decrescendo ending. Drums are also very well done.

Personally I would have liked a slightly darker kind of sound design for the main theme, something a little grittier, just to keep the same feel as the intro.

• @spyrogaia said:

@Ailerom said:

This is awesome! I laughed all the way through. Great lyrics! And the switch on at 2:00 mark was a fun touch. Fun guitar with all the layers. I really had fun listening to this....masticating while crying. haha. :smiley:

Thanks, much appreciated. My favourite is "I'm even masticating, running from a bear".

• @DavidEnglish said:
    This is a music track that I improvised on an iPad with Animoog Z, Moog Model 15, Korg Module Pro, and Continua. I used the MIDI Tape Recorder (within AUM) to capture the performance and AUM to record the audio.

It's titled Elegy.

It's suitably sombre to match the title, and beautifully mournful. Very nice sound design on the synths, and a slowly evolving appealing melody.

• @Ailerom said:
    I'll put this in here despite that fact that it is a pretty crazy song concept. But it rare I have something ready to go. Technically written last month but only finalised this month.

I love it! Great vocal, and the song is great fun, and catchy too. Beautifully absurd.

• @Kitusai said:

Expo Benji Reid
    https://octobergallery.co.uk/exhibitions/benji-reid-laugh-at-gravity

https://soundcloud.com/viventlesmusiques/toucher-terre-jp-simeon-kitusai-doc-sticko

Lyrics:
    Touching the ground
    (Jean-Pierre Simeon, Kitusai on music, Doctor Sticko on the microphone)
    Do not, do not touch the ground says the child
    Which grass in these grasses is the grass that screams?
    Where to put the heel without awakening the beast?
    Hush, whispers the mother,
    Do not sing, do not dance
    The jaws of fire swallow the leg
    The leg of the song, the leg of the dance
    I will go, answers the child
    I will sing, I will dance
    In the air and on the water
    And if they undermine the dreams
    I will fly above my dreams

Great percussion, sound design and groove. The voice is amazing (is that the guy in the picture? If so he sounds as cool as he looks). A great collaboration, and the vocal delivery really makes it special.

• @richardyot said:

@Ailerom said:

I love it! Great vocal, and the song is great fun, and catchy too. Beautifully absurd.

Thanks very much. I sometimes think absurd is my niche as I just walk around all day creating songs like this. Maybe I was always destined to be more Weird Al than Alice in Chains. :'(

• Hi Guys.. This track was released a while ago.. but here you go anyway.. Sarah used her iPhone as a mic, & then i cleaned it up.. then put it into the instrumental.. Most of the vocals i did was Sarah using a iPhone.. Why use a studio mic, when Apple iPhone does the job just as good.. In fact when she bought a Steinberg soundcard & mic, i thought the iPhone was better?.. I just cleaned up the vocals using Adobe Audition.. Then it all went into Ableton Live 11 suite.. Enjoy guys..

• @studs1966 said:
    Hi Guys.. This track was released a while ago.. but here you go anyway.. Sarah used her iPhone as a mic, & then i cleaned it up.. then put it into the instrumental.. Most of the vocals i did was Sarah using a iPhone.. Why use a studio mic, when Apple iPhone does the job just as good.. In fact when she bought a Steinberg soundcard & mic, i thought the iPhone was better?.. I just cleaned up the vocals using Adobe Audition.. Then it all went into Ableton Live 11 suite.. Enjoy guys..

This is the Original version...

• @ecamburn said:

@martinsa82 said:

Bandcamp

Spotify

Love the vibe of this tune. The piano was a nice surprise at around :55. Honestly wasn't super keen on the drums that come in at around 1:00 but that's a minor niggle.

I like the drums, just the right subtlety to them. It's a beautiful track, would love to hear a bit about how you made it @martinsa82.

• edited May 2022

@Ailerom said:

I enjoyed that. Now for side B… Micturating

@studs1966 so this is where you hang out. Totally professional, as always.