Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

What are you listening to? Is it good?

Comments

• @Crawlingwind said:

This is a pretty hypnotic KrautRock type jam, that I can’t get enough of. Been into it on Spotify for days. Video makes me a bit uneasy, but the beat cannot be ignored. The string muting is amazing !

It's funny, I used to play music like this for years with no idea there was an entire genre dedicated to it, called motorik!

• Been listening to the new Charlie XCX album a lot lately, it’s fantastic. Finally got around to checking out the new Spoon album as well. Also very good.

• edited April 2022

Recently
    Sampha
    Everything is Recorded
    New - Father John Misty - Chloe and the Next 20th century
    New - The Smile - Pana Vision EP
    New - Thom Yorke - 2 song EP
    River Tiber

Here’s Everything is Recorded featuring Sampha with Close But Not Quite

• @Poppadocrock
    I like Neo soul, so I was drawn to the attention of this unknown to me artist named Sampha. (I know artists are unwilling to be categorized in a certain genre). The song has a wonderful voice and melody. I was shocked to hear it as a love song, when suddenly the chorus revealed it to be a black magic ritual to resurrect Curtis Mayfield.
    I think the music video is great too. It reminded me of a painting by Vilhelm Hammershøi. (However, maybe that's because I had a preconceived notion that the title of the song was Everything Is Recorded. It was exactly as the lyrics "I′m so misunderstood").

• edited April 2022

@cramdog said:
    @Poppadocrock
    I like Neo soul, so I was drawn to the attention of this unknown to me artist named Sampha. (I know artists are unwilling to be categorized in a certain genre). The song has a wonderful voice and melody. I was shocked to hear it as a love song, when suddenly the chorus revealed it to be a black magic ritual to resurrect Curtis Mayfield.
    I think the music video is great too. It reminded me of a painting by Vilhelm Hammershøi. (However, maybe that's because I had a preconceived notion that the title of the song was Everything Is Recorded. It was exactly as the lyrics "I′m so misunderstood").

Definitely. Well put. Check out Sampha solo album.

There’s a few other tracks that are really good, one is self titled “everything is recorded” and one starts with “ Mountains Over…” Close but not quite was released a few years ago but I discovered it about a month ago and can’t stop listening to it. I knew about Sampha for a little while but didn’t realize how much he was involved with a few other artists. Obviously Everything is Recorded, which is actually the owner of XL Records, and He’s on many songs on every SBTRKT album. Great voice.

• @el_bo said:

One of the greatest, I recently read that Radiohead, muse, a few others didn’t think falsetto could be done like that until they heard Jeff. Not long after, they had the confidence to try it, and the rest is history.

• edited April 2022

This Jeff track What Will You Say is so powerful, not just the performance but when you listen to the lyrics and know his father situation, it is so honest and raw. Goosebumps from this version of this song.

• P-funk, G-funk, and D-funk

• BenBen
    edited April 2022

@gusgranite said:

Wow! Thanks for this. Never knew these forces of nature existed.
    No surprise that Anderson Paak and Thundercat are involved.

• This is quite good. I like the visual of the Guardian, that is maybe there, to secure Robs place, in the void.

• @Ben said:

@gusgranite said:

They are wonderful. @LinearLineman might enjoy this also.

• @gusgranite said:

@Ben said:

@gusgranite said:

They are wonderful. @LinearLineman might enjoy this also.

Indeed, they packed a lot into 4:43. Thx @gusgranite. Would have missed this for sure.

• Thundercat's vibes are too veteran-like, maybe because of the album cover looks like Grover Washington, Jr.'s "Mister Magic". So I can't imagine his childhood. (I don't mean his musicality or playing style is old.)

On an unrelated note, I used to think the tuning of a 6-string bass was the same as a guitar. (I still don't know the correct answer.)

• @cramdog said:

Great choice!
    I’ve been a fan since the Tony! Toni! Toné! days.

• @cramdog said:
    On an unrelated note, I used to think the tuning of a 6-string bass was the same as a guitar. (I still don't know the correct answer.)

Instruments called "6-string-basses" are typically tuned from B-C in fourths, so like a bass guitar with extra range. There is a variant typically called Bass VI, after a fender product, which is tuned like a guitar one octave down and most often shorter scaled with special strings.

A Bass VI is still a kind of 6-string bass of course.

• BobBob
    edited May 2022

I was about to buy the Deluge Synthstrom 2y ago but decided to go for IOS. This is one of my favourite tracks made on “Deluge only” by a Dutch producer named Rephazer. He jams, does live recordings on all kinds of gear and has some very unique videos. Saudade is a Portugese word I keep referring to describing a feeling of melancholy and longing for a lost feeling or person while still having a warm desire and love that keeps the entire emotion worth having. When Saudade is present in music I feel a strong connection.
    Please enjoy and support a not so known very well talented electronic musician. I’m sure many will like his other vids as well.

• BobBob
    edited May 2022

A lovely straight forward track in terms of beats. I rather prefer some more breaks and fills having a breakbeat bigbeat history, still this song has a lovely tune that keeps the entire track intact and coherent. Discovered it for the first time in a recent salon beats dj set of a good friend of mine Mr Joy that will play for the tenth time this year at Tomorrowland Belgium, a 20 min bike trip from my home.
    The mid bass at around 5.20 gives the track a deeper melodic feel I really appreciate.
    LUMAN: PIPA (Massive Harmony Records)

• BobBob
    edited May 2022

Last one for today: Belgian Indie Pop Band:
    Intergalactic Lovers with a tad of electronics and a nice female vocal that stays centered without the need of reaching beyond their melodic ranges, all very well mixed. Maybe @richardyot likes this within his genre, hope so 😊
    LOST

• BobBob
    edited May 2022

Had to include this last electronic track while I still have some time before blending into dreamland:
    When it comes down to mastering, this is what I call a masterpiece on all fronts. The compelete entire EQ is done brilliantly, the stereofileld is impressive, the highs are so well panned, the kick sits right where it belongs, the scapes have the exact intensity without exceeding the rest of the instrumental elements. What is challenging in this particular track is the pretty long break in the midst of the song before the tracks drops again to lift the audience back into the beat. Many DJs find the this break a delicate thing to handle because of the long length, but IMO it fits perfectly and inspires other producers to try longer breaks during their sets. It’s all about challenging the listeners and what to have them expect while the track competes with their impatience.
    Israelian CHICOLA with his amazing track YOAV from a few years ago. Send this as a referrence track to your mastering engineers, they’ll admit it’s extremely well done. I have asked CHICOLA if he does some mastering, he does not. He has his buddies doing the massive end-work.

• I read a sentence "the disappearance of Lunar Lander" in another thread about effects apps. It made me think about Major Tom. (As far as I know, he has appeared directly or indirectly in four of David Bowie's songs.)

• BobBob
    edited May 2022

Many different styles in this thread. I decided to drop in few pieces I bumped into recently. We’re all so different in song selections and I believe that’s one of the reasons of this thread. So, CHAPEAU to the initiator.
    Feeling great to bother again with some salon beats EDM, and no comments feel just fine, just straight to the next audio but what about this remix of Purple Turtle Michael Kay? More remixes exist but the one made by the Argentinian duo Deepness does the trick.
    Main melody consists of only 2 spacy mid centered soft attack notes pre-midway song as if it were the vocals, adding a third note rarely. Making it all so easy and relax, simple and barely touching the keybord it seems.
    Please enjoy and have a nice start of a new beautiful week ❤️