Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New app fron sonicLAB: Starwaves

Comments

• @auxmux said:
    Reminiscent of Borderlands?

Came here to say exactly this. Not the same thing, but they sure seem like kissing cousins.

• @Jumpercollins said:
    Just had my first crash not good !

YOLO, so who had time for beta testing?

• It looks like it does work on Mac as well, and even might be compatible with my geriatric pro that’s stuck on 10.13! I might give it a go there…

• It reminds me a bit of Mazetools Soniface - high concept, no connectivity.

• Not my cup of something. But I really wish you guys a lot full of fun and excitement solving the puzzles here!

• Somehow the whole theme reminds me of the James Webb telescope. It's a good look.

• It looks really fun but it would probably murder my air 2. I’ll definitely be looking for the windows version if that comes out though

• Watched the video and I think I'll stick to Borderlands.

• @Simon said:
    Watched the video and I think I'll stick to Borderlands.

To be honest I just don't like the idea of buying anything from this company. Someone that has this level of spite toward customers could do anything with a product, remove it, make it free, change it, just to piss people off, and think nothing of it. I don't really want to be involved in that. If it was a dollar then I might try it without much to regret if he turned his wrath on the community, but other than that, just not into his self destructive marketing model.

• @Ailerom said:

@Simon said:

To be honest I just don't like the idea of buying anything from this company. Someone that has this level of spite toward customers could do anything with a product, remove it, make it free, change it, just to piss people off, and think nothing of it. I don't really want to be involved in that. If it was a dollar then I might try it without much to regret if he turned his wrath on the community, but other than that, just not into his self destructive marketing model.

Same

• It looks like you can import samples but I wonder how much you can adjust the synth parameters and sound design.
    Reminds me a bit of Dhalang MG particle sequencer.

• edited May 2022

Fascinating but pretty complex. God knows if I'm going to be able to create anything of my own in this but I'm going to have fun trying...a bit flaky round the edges - I'm getting crashes when changing presets and the sequencer doesn't always trigger properly but it's a great way to waste a Saturday afternoon...👍

One thing that may be an improvement on the other soniclab apps is preset handling (though it took me a while to get my head round it). As long as you remember the preset save interface is more desktop oriented and there's an input box for the preset name at the bottom you're in business. The big downside is that the ipad version is sandboxed so there's no local access to the files outside of the app. You have to back up files and folders via something like imazing on a Mac - if you delete the app from your ipad all the data is also removed - and importing your own samples looks like being a ball ache that also requires a PC connection...

• Oh Lordy. This is right up my street even with the limitations and developer red flags.

Going to watch some videos.

• @enkaytee said:
    Fascinating but pretty complex. God knows if I'm going to be able to create anything of my own in this but I'm going to have fun trying...a bit flaky round the edges - I'm getting crashes when changing presets and the sequencer doesn't always trigger properly but it's a great way to waste a Saturday afternoon...👍

One thing that may be an improvement on the other soniclab apps is preset handling (though it took me a while to get my head round it). As long as you remember the preset save interface is more desktop oriented and there's an input box for the preset name at the bottom you're in business. The downside is that the ipad version is sandboxed so there's no local access to the files outside of the app. You have to back up files and folders via something like imazing on a Mac - if you delete the app from your ipad all the data is also removed - and importing your own samples looks like being a ball ache that also requires a PC connection...

Wait am I misreading this? Can you not load your own sample files into the app?

• edited May 2022

@enkaytee said:
    The downside is that the ipad version is sandboxed so there's no local access to the files outside of the app. You have to back up files and folders via something like imazing on a Mac - if you delete the app from your ipad all the data is also removed - and importing your own samples looks like being a ball ache that also requires a PC connection...

That's a deal-breaker for me. Here's hoping he fixes it.

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

@enkaytee said:
    The downside is that the ipad version is sandboxed so there's no local access to the files outside of the app. You have to back up files and folders via something like imazing on a Mac - if you delete the app from your ipad all the data is also removed - and importing your own samples looks like being a ball ache that also requires a PC connection...

That's a deal-breaker for me. Here's hoping he fixes it. But when he does he'll call it Starwave 2 and want another $23.

Yeah, there’s no excuse for a standalone app anymore. I’ll just sample the YT videos as they come online and chop that up 😂

• I have a feeling Gavinski is yelling at his iPad screen somewhere

• This app seems built for Devine’s synth genius mind

• @HotStrange said:

@enkaytee said:

One thing that may be an improvement on the other soniclab apps is preset handling (though it took me a while to get my head round it). As long as you remember the preset save interface is more desktop oriented and there's an input box for the preset name at the bottom you're in business. The downside is that the ipad version is sandboxed so there's no local access to the files outside of the app. You have to back up files and folders via something like imazing on a Mac - if you delete the app from your ipad all the data is also removed - and importing your own samples looks like being a ball ache that also requires a PC connection...

You can, but as far as I can tell not directly from local files on the ipad. It appears that the sandboxing means that the only way to get samples into the internal folder structure is via the ancient iTunes share process where you have to connect the ipad to a PC and access the folders from a desktop app like imazing...more info here:

• @enkaytee said:

@HotStrange said:

@enkaytee said:

You can, but as far as I can tell not directly from local files on the ipad. It appears that the sandboxing means that the only way to get samples into the internal folder structure is via the ancient iTunes share process where you have to connect the ipad to a PC and access the folders from a desktop app like imazing...more info here:

Should the app really support iTunes file sharing, all you need is iFunbox on desktop.
    https://www.i-funbox.com/en/index.html

• @Philandering_Bastard said:
    I’m just here waiting for @Gavinski to have an aneurysm 😆

I didn't even know this was coming out lol. Still haven't even finished the preset bank I'm working on for Thermo!

• edited May 2022

Should have been right up my street, I could even live with standalone because screen record, but no way on iPad to import my own samples is a deal breaker. Life is too short to faff around pre importing samples from the desktop…

• It does sound and look reeeally really interesting.. but that sample importing process directly destroys any sort of inspiration

• Well, 2 x SpaceCraft in AUM with some automations and good reverb...and that's it...

• @iOSTRAKON said:
    I have a feeling Gavinski is yelling at his iPad screen somewhere

+1 popcorn

• @Ailerom said:

@Simon said:

☝️

• Managed to get a refund. Had a few crashes and think the sample import side was poorly advertised.

• edited May 2022

@rs2000 said:

@enkaytee said:

@HotStrange said:

@enkaytee said:

Should the app really support iTunes file sharing, all you need is iFunbox on desktop.
    https://www.i-funbox.com/en/index.html

Yes - an app like iFunbox or imazing will work as they use the iTunes file sharing protocols to access the ios file system directly. On MacOS Catalina or later, you should be able to use Finder but I can't confirm this with Starwaves as I'm away from my Mac for a few weeks.

• Yeah that hurt my brain. Decided on a refund for now