Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Comments

• Oh man it makes fundamental and Thermo look like a stylophone

• Oh nice, it kinda looks like an iOS first version of the Cosmos one he has

• @sevenape but this is sonicPlanet, not sonicLAB. Or are they operating under a different name as well?
    Btw, this is the website link: https://www.sonicplanet.com/portfolio/starwaves/

• @Grandbear said:
    @sevenape but this is sonicPlanet, not sonicLAB. Or are they operating under a different name as well?

It’s him and a French artist working together afaik

• @Grandbear said:
    @sevenape but this is sonicPlanet, not sonicLAB. Or are they operating under a different name as well?

Oh thanks, I’ll update the original post, clumsy fingers

• @sevenape said:

@Grandbear said:

It’s him and a French artist working together afaik

Oooh got it, thanks for the clarification

• Reminiscent of Borderlands?

• @auxmux said:
    Reminiscent of Borderlands?

Seems so, but standalone, will report back!

• Standalone only and I pulled the trigger ! Oh well can anyone get any sound out of it ?

• @Jumpercollins said:
    Standalone only and I pulled the trigger ! Oh well can anyone get any sound out of it ?

Hahaha not yet, I’m hoping that if I make some noise I might be able to sample it.

• @sevenape Reminds me of space invaders for some reason. Can’t believe you can’t get instant sound from the presets. I knew I should of not watched StarWars last night. Maybe pulling the refund trigger on this one. 10 mins in still no sound !

• @Jumpercollins said:
    @sevenape Reminds me of space invaders for some reason. Can’t believe you can’t get instant sound from the presets. I knew I should of not watched StarWars last night. Maybe pulling the refund trigger on this one. 10 mins in still no sound !

Click the ‘off’ button! That worked for me. Hahaha

• Ok I’m gonna need someone to read the manual and make a video here

• @sevenape said:

@Jumpercollins said:
    @sevenape Reminds me of space invaders for some reason. Can’t believe you can’t get instant sound from the presets. I knew I should of not watched StarWars last night. Maybe pulling the refund trigger on this one. 10 mins in still no sound !

Click the ‘off’ button! That worked for me. Hahaha

@sevenape ok got yer we have sound, definitely like Borderlands on steroids shame it’s standalone only, I like the visual aspect as you say could be good sample fodder. Don’t think our bother with the midi / OSC purchase.

• @sevenape said:
    Ok I’m gonna need someone to read the manual and make a video here

@sevenape Tried recording but not sure where it put the file? Maybe @Gavinski can step in he done a few SonicLab reviews in the past ?

• I don’t think it makes noises… it reads like this is a visual thingy making landscapes and stuff BASED on the sound which is fed into… I don’t know though ;)

• @david_2017 said:
    I don’t think it makes noises… it reads like this is a visual thingy making landscapes and stuff BASED on the sound which is fed into… I don’t know though ;)

@david_2017 It does make noises just wasn’t sure what to press seems strange by default sound is off. You have to press on to hear it.

• Can you import samples?

• @Jumpercollins said:

@sevenape said:
    Ok I’m gonna need someone to read the manual and make a video here

@sevenape Tried recording but not sure where it put the file? Maybe @Gavinski can step in he done a few SonicLab reviews in the past ?

Oh you can record it! That’s good! Baby steps… we will work it out…

• @auxmux said:
    Can you import samples? It appears you can, but it looks like a desktop port to me as you have to type in the path as doesn’t open Apples File structure direct and haven’t managed to get the path destination yet!

• Just had my first crash not good !

• Lol, wow, desktop interface. Going to wait....

• @auxmux said:
    Lol, wow, desktop interface. Going to wait....

Yer I would if it continues to crash that me refunding

• Oh man, looks fun!!!

• Well it got me inspired enough to reopen borderlands. I think I’m more suited to just the 2 dimensions

• I’m just here waiting for @Gavinski to have an aneurysm 😆

• @Philandering_Bastard said:
    I’m just here waiting for @Gavinski to have an aneurysm 😆

Hahahahah

• edited May 2022

Preset tutorial

• Look interesting but probably better for desktop and even VR than on small iOS displays.