Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Tera Pro from VirSyn released (M1 added)

edited June 2022 in General App Discussion

Hi all,

it's finally done - the new flagship synth from VirSyn is here:

more info including pdf manual here:

https://www.virsyn.net/ios/tera-pro.html

or directly to the video:

Harry

Comments

• Great ! You rule, I love your synths :)

• edited May 2022

I commented then immediately realized my comment was dumb, so I deleted it.

• Amazing, Instabuy!

• @Daveypoo said:
    Is this coming to or available for iPad?

This seems like a strange question coming from you.

Maybe someone hacked into Daveypoo’s account?

• edited May 2022

@Edward_Alexander said:

@Daveypoo said:

No, I'm just an idiot. Couldn't find it in the store, didn't see the iOS bit in the link, didn't see the link to the app store on the web site...

I just followed the "Download on the app store" link from the link above, but I get spinning wheels.

Weird - I can access the link on my laptop but not on my iPad. WTF?

• @Daveypoo said:

@Edward_Alexander said:

@Daveypoo said:

No, I'm just an idiot. Couldn't find it in the store, didn't see the iOS bit in the link, didn't see the link to the app store on the web site...

I got my problems sorted. I'm good now - nothing to see here, folks. Just back to the synth announcement, never mind me....

• @Daveypoo said:
    I commented then immediately realized my comment was dumb, so I deleted it.

Ha ha ! :D

• 128 voices of polyphony ! Ha ha.
    I was just reading an article about the top 20 best modern polysynths. All roughly between 6 and 32 voices...

So basically this one would be the son of a Waldorf Kyra crossed with an Ashun Hydrasynth (maybe cheated in reality by a Korg Wavestate) and grown up like a PolyBrute...

• Reading the manual, and this looks rad. The modular aspect is very Drambo-like, which is excellent.

• Can't wait for Poseidon Pro next or a new version of iSyn Poly!

• Bought! Recently I said I had all I needed. What a fool I am!

• @Daveypoo said:

@Edward_Alexander said:

@Daveypoo said:

I just followed the "Download on the app store" link from the link above, but I get spinning wheels.

Weird - I can access the link on my laptop but not on my iPad. WTF?

lol well in your defense, the video doesn’t really say anything about iOS or iPad.

• How is the CPU usage? My 2017 2nd gen 12.9 iPad pro is started to show its age with some apps.

• I'll also talk to you about this through support, but Tera Pro does not work in Nanostudio 2

• Beautiful sounds in that demo.

• Purchased - the UI doesn’t make me dizzy like the OG release. Good work!

• Instabuy! Love Virsyn's apps!

• @Paulo164 said:
    128 voices of polyphony ! Ha ha.
    I was just reading an article about the top 20 best modern polysynths. All roughly between 6 and 32 voices...

So basically this one would be the son of a Waldorf Kyra crossed with an Ashun Hydrasynth (maybe cheated in reality by a Korg Wavestate) and grown up like a PolyBrute...

using 8 times unison mode only 16 voices are left...

• What a great way to spend the weekend with this.

The wave-displays in the mixers and filters are so good.

Didn’t get something out of Karplus - could not too difficult- with two inputs to choose…

👍🏽🧔🏼🙏🏽

• I know if you bath everything in a good reverb it’s sounds lush but this thing is a beast and would make me wonder why you spend the money on a hardware synth to achieve the same sonic result. Top job @VirSyn

• edited May 2022

Does the random dice select a random preset or does it make a complete new sound ‘from scratch ‘?
    Is this also interesting for stabs/plucks? I’m into dub techno, I currently use Sunrizer a lot for this. Was thinking about buying Moog Model d as it is on sale, but also looking for something more fm-ish..

• very lovely synth. One of the most CPU heavy plugins I own though. I can get two instances in Drambo on my 2018 iPad Pro , but three would no doubt bring it to its knees.

• Definitely my favorite app release of the day and we’ve had 3 I’ve seen ! Sounds bloody epic.

• Just bought it. Does it work on the iPhone as well?

• @VirSyn said:

@Paulo164 said:
    128 voices of polyphony ! Ha ha.

using 8 times unison mode only 16 voices are left...

Fair to precise, thank you. But it seems normal. I guess the Unisson is a "true" unisson mode where every 7 duplicated "oscillators" is reprocessed from A to Z.
    All hardware synths give in there specs somewhere between 6 to 64 voices at best, meaning if you activate this or that option then you quickly drop to 32, 16 or 8 voices.

• edited May 2022

Loving the sound of this!

Can anyone tell me what I maybe am doing wrong in the video?
    I’m driving Tera Pro stand-alone with iBassist’s MIDI out which works fine.
    I Cubasis the timing is off? Everything is Ableton Link connected (except in Tera Pro AU in Cubasis, its Link cannot be turned on).

edit: this is not something Tera specific, happens to all MIDI tracks in Cubasis. I was being too quick testing it out as always. :) Still don’t know what might be happening here..

• Hi all,
    could you please check if it sends MIDI (at least Keyboard and Arpeggiator)?
    It‘s not mentioned in the manual.
    Thanks 🍻

• @Eschatone said:
    very lovely synth. One of the most CPU heavy plugins I own though. I can get two instances in Drambo on my 2018 iPad Pro , but three would no doubt bring it to its knees.

Yeah, quite heavy !

Preset « Berlin Session » :

• 10 voices per note
    • 8-note chord = 80 voices => 35 % of CPU on my iPad Pro M1 !! Pfew… 😅
  • @Ploe said:
    Hi all,
    could you please check if it sends MIDI (at least Keyboard and Arpeggiator)?
    It‘s not mentioned in the manual.
    Thanks 🍻

I can be wrong but it doesn’t look like. Neither with coreMidi nor AUv3.