Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Comments

• Looks interesting... Waiting to see what it does and doesn't do.

• edited May 2022

Looks like circuit and deluge killer, depending on the price. I'd beg between $699 to $899.

And also haptax, since this looks USB powered.

• I’ve been tempted by the deluge for a while, but the lack of encoders (at that price) and some things about the workflow make me doubt.
    I like the form factor of this a lot better!. It’s labeled as a groove box. Will it be able to work as a DAW like the deluge?. Audio limit per project, etc… A lot of machines (Akai force, for example) have no disk streaming and the audio time limit per project is quite an issue.

• @tahiche said:
    I’ve been tempted by the deluge for a while, but the lack of encoders (at that price) and some things about the workflow make me doubt.
    I like the form factor of this a lot better!. It’s labeled as a groove box. Will it be able to work as a DAW like the deluge?. Audio limit per project, etc… A lot of machines (Akai force, for example) have no disk streaming and the audio time limit per project is quite an issue.

@tahiche yer it looks interesting also you should be able to get it in main music stores online etc rather than unlike the Deluge via New Zealand with the taxes involved. Hopefully get more news once it’s announced officially.

• @tahiche said:
    I’ve been tempted by the deluge for a while, but the lack of encoders (at that price) and some things about the workflow make me doubt.

(Force has streaming now, )

• @auxmux said:
    Looks like circuit and deluge killer, depending on the price. I'd beg between $699 to $899.

looks like it will be only sampler, no synth, so no real competitor dor deluge or circuit which both have full blown polyphonic synth engines ...

• @dendy said:

@auxmux said:

looks like it will be only sampler, no synth, so no real competitor dor deluge or circuit which both have full blown polyphonic synth engines ...

Hmm, that's disappointing.

• edited May 2022

If it does 8 Channels of Sample Playback and 8 Channels of Midi simultaneously it won’t be a disappointment at all 😉

• Ok, so we move here now :)
    I won't mind if it doesn't have a synth engine (even the simplest VA), but I sure expect to see some LFO, ADSR, etc.. sound mangling goodness in there, and "fingers-crossed" POLY MODE :D

I really don't understand why companies ignore the fact that you can play chords with samples.

• Yep, as expected.
    Also, the Mixer is vaporware :D the dude 3D rendered it in his video.

• all well and good but
    I would go for Deluge
    because I have a Polyend Tracker and even in the latest beta (1.6.0b4)
    I have freezes and serious issues... so - everything is an unfinished startup nowadays
    and greedy gear-buyers are the lame testers. neverending betas...:( quite sad.

• Looks like Polyend's version of Digitakt.

New version of Drambo for me. Looks cool though. I might trade in one of my old iPads for a new iPad Pro with M2 if it comes out in June. It'll cost the same as this likely.

• Glorious BUTTONS and KNOBS!!!! :p

• Yeah, I have 5 midi controllers but I need to actually map them to Drambo and then the circle will be complete.

• @auxmux said:
    Yeah, I have 5 midi controllers but I need to actually map them to Drambo and then the circle will be complete.

Haha. I know the feeling 😜

• edited May 2022

Looks pretty tempting.

$799 US dollars

Shame no Audio Over USB/ Sampling and the biggest drop is no battery! Like the form factor though.

Think you get more bang for your buck with a MPC One. But it’s horses for courses.

• edited May 2022

woo!... 800 big ones!

Honestly I'd rather get a model:Samples

• Amazed that at the price it is that it doesn’t sample ?!?

Hard pass from me.

• it looks fun, but no sampling/resampling, no stems export, and barely any sound mangling tools. another gear you sell after six months

• My wallet is glad this ended up being a disappointment

• I wanted this to be great but it just seems like a missed opportunity on Polyends part.

So disappointed that this doesn’t offer sample flipping, chopping, slicing etc. Who uses Samples and doesn’t chop them up and resample these days?

• @echoopera said:
    I wanted this to be great but it just seems like a missed opportunity on Polyends part.

So disappointed that this doesn’t offer sample flipping, chopping, slicing etc. Who uses Samples and doesn’t chop them up and resample these days?

Totally agree, seems a weird idea, especially after the Tracker, why not just make it a sequencer instead ?

• it's kinda funny how there's such a buzz around this kind of groovebox devices, but iPad is still a toy in the minds of a lot of people

• edited May 2022

I imagined it would be like a Synthstrom Deluge with a decent screen, which would massively level up an already phenomenal groovebox. Sigh. Still, helps the wallet.

• @vasilymilovidov said:
    it's kinda funny how there's such a buzz around this kind of groovebox devices, but iPad is still a toy in the minds of a lot of people

I think it's because these things look great in snazzy youtube influencer videos! Ipads just look kind of ipad-ish...

• @vasilymilovidov said:
    it's kinda funny how there's such a buzz around this kind of groovebox devices, but iPad is still a toy in the minds of a lot of people

We know which app will make Play look like a toy 😉