Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Alesis iO Dock with iPad Air OS 8 Does it work?

edited January 2015 in App Tips and Tricks

There seems to be ongoing controversy on this: http://community.alesis.com/alesis/topics/io-dock-with-ipad-3-ios-8-compatibility . I found a good deal on CL for one. I understand the lightning adapter issue. That's no big deal, but I just want to make sure about running 8 with it before I buy the dock. Is anyone here successfully using the Alesis dock with iPad air OS 8?

Comments

• Hi. I modified my iodock with a lightning connector and my ipad air 2 with IOS 8.1.2 works. I use Setlistmaker to switch my Fantom-G Livesets via MIDI. Also the Mic-Inputs work with Multitrack and various softsynths i can control via MIDI from my Nord. I don't use video out.

• Thanks for that Herby! I got it a few hours ago, and I'll be testing tomorrow.

• I don't think the video out would work if using a 30 pin to lighting adapter. Not a problem unless you use vj apps...

• Yeah, I've heard that. Definitely not interested in vj apps. However I've looked a lot for people doing a quality music and video recording simultaneously with mac, but the only thing I've seen is using photobooth. Would the io dock help in doing this with ipad or is the only good way of doing this to just use separate devices ad sync the audio?

• I read somewhere that the thinner body of the Air does not fit well with the Alesis. Interested in hearing about this.

• edited January 2015

Right. It doesn't fit conventionally. Here's how you do it: . That's a 4, but here's another one, just slightly different stand with an actual air:

Just need to make sure the case will allow the lightning port to be exposed on either side if you use one similar to the first video. Not all do.

• Another possibility to use the "slide in" feature of the ioDock with a little manufacturing is described here: http://www.saschabuettner.de/wordpress/2013/11/11/umbauarbeiten-alesis-io-dock-auf-apples-lightning-anschluss-umruesten/
    I use the ioDock between my keyboards so I can't use it more or less vertically positioned. I added some modifications additionally to the description above to slide in my iPad Air 2. I don't know how the adhesive is called outside Germany, here it is "Tesa Moll" combined with "Tesa Krepp".

• Very nice!