Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Arturia Minifuse 2 Interface Not Working In AUM

Hello Everyone! I’ve been a lurker for a few months and finally decided to sign up. Well, I am hoping to get some help with my current setup.

When I plug in my Arturia Minifuse 2 to my M1 2021 IPad Pro, the hardware shows it as a headset/headphones rather than USB outputs.

Setup:

The Sound Test Room showing how it should look like:

I tried connecting it directly with a usb-c to usb-c cable, directly with a usb-c to usb-a adapter, and usb-c to usb-c to the usb hub and then the iPad. Still nothing, I am hoping I’m doing something wrong and it’s not an issue with the my iPad or AUM.

Comments

• Don't know if this is one of those devices that start up on mass-storage mode that confuse iOS?!
    If it is there should be some hints in the manual how to disable mass-storage mode...

Du you see the MiniFuse in the Files.app?

• edited May 2022

Tried and my Minifuse 2 shows up as hardware in AUM, connected via the supplied USB-C to USB-A cable and an Apple USB-C HDMI adapter to my iPad Air 4. Did you update your Minifuse 2 to the latest firmware?
    /DMfan🇸🇪

• This link may be helpful.
    https://support.arturia.com/hc/en-us/sections/4411363633682-MiniFuse-2

(Example.)

CAN I CONNECT THE MINIFUSE THROUGH A USB HUB?
    Yes, you may connect the MiniFuse through a USB hub.

Note that some passive hubs may not supply the power required for the MiniFuse to operate.

For this reason, we recommend that if you need to connect through a hub you use a powered one.

• @cramdog said:
    This link may be helpful.
    https://support.arturia.com/hc/en-us/sections/4411363633682-MiniFuse-2

(Example.)

CAN I CONNECT THE MINIFUSE THROUGH A USB HUB?
    Yes, you may connect the MiniFuse through a USB hub.

Note that some passive hubs may not supply the power required for the MiniFuse to operate.

For this reason, we recommend that if you need to connect through a hub you use a powered one.

+1

• Thank you all! And especially @DMfan. My Minifuse was on firmware version 1.0.2, I updated it to 1.0.5 and now it is working as expected in AUM. Simple solution, should’ve thought of it. Thanks again everyone.

• edited May 2022

Always glad to help out! Enjoy your Minifuse, works like a charm for me!

/DMfan🇸🇪

• @DMfan said:

/DMfan🇸🇪

Does the 'Loop Back' (inputs 3&4) work as expected?
    (Ie. if you leave a background audio enabled running you should in theory be able to record inputs 3&4 to grab the audio).

I can access inputs 3&4 on my ID4Mk2 but it needs an app to set the loop-back level and that app is 'desktop only'...
    (At some point I'll compose an e-mail and send it to Audient but I have no hopes for an iOS/iPadOS app to be honest).

• @Samu said:

@DMfan said:

/DMfan🇸🇪

Does the 'Loop Back' (inputs 3&4) work as expected?
    (Ie. if you leave a background audio enabled running you should in theory be able to record inputs 3&4 to grab the audio).

I can access inputs 3&4 on my ID4Mk2 but it needs an app to set the loop-back level and that app is 'desktop only'...
    (At some point I'll compose an e-mail and send it to Audient but I have no hopes for an iOS/iPadOS app to be honest).

Never tried the loopback feature. I know there is no dedicated app from Arturia… the Minifuse does not (yet) officially support iOS. Last I read something about it somewhere the team was still working on it. I will check both support status and loopback. The least I can do for The Mighty Samu, you contribute a lot to the forum!🙏

/DMfan🇸🇪

• @DMfan said:

Never tried the loopback feature. I know there is no dedicated app from Arturia… the Minifuse does not (yet) officially support iOS. Last I read something about it somewhere the team was still working on it. I will check both support status and loopback. The least I can do for The Mighty Samu, you contribute a lot to the forum!🙏

/DMfan🇸🇪

Just don't forget to 'mute/disable monitoring' on the channel where you use inputs 3&4 as it could cause pretty heavy feedback :sunglasses:

A simple test in AUM would be to create an Audio Track and add inputs 3&4 to the channel and 'mute it'.

Launch an app with background audio enabled and make sure it makes noise and switch back to AUM and see if the channel input lights react. If they do it means loopback is working and you can either record the audio or pass it to for example Koala for sampling...

What irks me is that I can already select channels 3&4 on my Audient ID4Mk2 on the iPad but I have no way to control the loop-back level. The interface remembers the loopback-level as long as it's got power...

Cheers!

• With my new iPad Pro 2022 I have also purchased an Arturia MiniFuse 2. For what it’s worth to others:

• You only need a USB-C to USB-C cable to connect and power it from an iPad Pro 2022. It will drain the battery faster but it works.
    • I first needed to upgrade the firmware by connecting the interface to my MacBook. Before the upgrade, not all inputs and outputs were visible in AUM (also missing MIDI functionality) and the two leds on the mix and headphone dials were flashing. After the upgrade I got everything including MIDI.

I’m very happy with the Arturia MiniFuse 2, with the headphone out that delivers a bit more ohm it’s also an upgrade for my Sennheiser/Massdrop H58X Jubilee. It seems I’m getting more definition and Toneboosters Morphit seems to give me a nicer effect. I want to use the MiniFuse 2 for when I’m in the living room. Removing one piece from my setup at a time to focus on it.