Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

PaulXStretch - Extreme Time Stretching

Comments

• @sonosaurus said:

@skiphunt said:

@sonosaurus said:
    That Captures folder is only within the standalone version and recordings done there. When you use the plugin version and capture within that, those go into a hidden place that there is no mechanism to access.

I’ll consider some additional folder destination ability for the render dialog.

So... if these recordings within the AUv3 app are stored in an inaccessible hidden place... are we filling up our device storage with these test recordings with no way to delete them? Or, do they evaporate after the session is closed?

They are using up space right now, unless you turn off the save capture to disk option. I’ll add a way to manage them and access them in the future.

If the app is deleted... are these inaccessible recordings I've made as tests... deleted as well? Or, do they remain saved in an inaccessible location, taking up space even after I delete the app?

• @skiphunt said:

@sonosaurus said:

@skiphunt said:

@sonosaurus said:
    That Captures folder is only within the standalone version and recordings done there. When you use the plugin version and capture within that, those go into a hidden place that there is no mechanism to access.

So... if these recordings within the AUv3 app are stored in an inaccessible hidden place... are we filling up our device storage with these test recordings with no way to delete them? Or, do they evaporate after the session is closed?

They are using up space right now, unless you turn off the save capture to disk option. I’ll add a way to manage them and access them in the future.

If the app is deleted... are these inaccessible recordings I've made as tests... deleted as well? Or, do they remain saved in an inaccessible location, taking up space even after I delete the app?

They should be deleted with the app as is standard for all iOS app-specific storage. But like I said, I’ll make it accessible from within the plugin.

• @sonosaurus said:

@skiphunt said:

@sonosaurus said:

@skiphunt said:

@sonosaurus said:

They should be deleted with the app as is standard for all iOS app-specific storage. But like I said, I’ll make it accessible from within the plugin.

Not a complaint or issue. Yes, would like to have access to them... but I just wanted to make sure that I'm not filling up my device storage with files I can't delete. No worries.

I just noticed initially that it was creating .wav files, but that I couldn't actually find them anywhere to delete after testing.

• Wow this is awesome! I know this has been highly requested for some time, and now it’s out by one of my favorite developers. I’ve never had the chance to try it so I’m excited to give the beta a whirl!

• Highly highly recommended!

• This is an amazing app. Lots of possibilities.

• @DavidEnglish said:
    Here's a first attempt at using the PaulXStretch app.

This is a 3x stretch with Num harmonics set to12, Harmonics base freq set to 128.0, and Harmonics bandwidth set to 25.00.

I was trying for the overtones that you hear with David Hykes & the Harmonic Choir.

Lovely. Can I ask what you made the visual with?

• @FastGhost said:

@DavidEnglish said:
    Here's a first attempt at using the PaulXStretch app.

This is a 3x stretch with Num harmonics set to12, Harmonics base freq set to 128.0, and Harmonics bandwidth set to 25.00.

I was trying for the overtones that you hear with David Hykes & the Harmonic Choir.

Lovely. Can I ask what you made the visual with?

I tend to use Astrofox, Magic, and other PC-based visualizers as a starting point. Then I transform them with various video FX plugins within Vegas Pro.

In this case, I leaned heavily on Vegas Pro’s Mirror and Swirl video FX plugins to make the graphics more symmetrical and dynamic. The video plugins can be adjusted while previewing the music and visuals, so you can experiment in real-time to find the video FX settings that best match the music.

I’ve gotten better results lately using visuals that were not generated from the music track. I try to find independent visuals that are close enough in tone and pace, and then use the video effects to make them more abstract or structurally interesting.

Since my recent music has tended to be melodically simple on the surface, but more complex in its evolving textures, I try to achieve the same thing with the visuals. Ideally, the music and visuals should stand on their own, just as a classic silent film and an accompanying orchestration might be able to stand on their own.

• @DavidEnglish Thanks, Astrofox and Magic are my two go-to apps too though I'm Mac based so no Vegas. This one works so well with the music, very nicely done!

• Been diving into this pretty heavy today and wow it’s absolutely fantastic. Can’t believe I’ve been missing out all this time 🤩

• is there a way to clear the captured buffer to start from scratch without loading a file?

• @sonosaurus Thank you for updating this. Was already using the plugin version but this is much better! Cheers!

• @nuno_agogo said:
    is there a way to clear the captured buffer to start from scratch without loading a file?

Good idea for feature request, but you could always hit the capture/record button twice quickly to capture nothing…. if that’s what you are after.

• @sonosaurus said:

@nuno_agogo said:
    is there a way to clear the captured buffer to start from scratch without loading a file?

Good idea for feature request, but you could always hit the capture/record button twice quickly to capture nothing…. if that’s what you are after.

will do as a workaround :)

• I don't have access to the iOS version, but i have used it in a DAW on the PC. If i'm right, you can add harmonics to the sound. I don't know if it's technically possible, but it would be cool if it's possible to integrate a AUV3 effect unit for each separate harmonic. Downside would be that Xstretch can't be used as an effect unit, so it must rely on loaded audio files.

• Has any posted a tutorial of this or is it pretty easy to manipulate ?

• @iOSTRAKON

@sonosaurus said:
    And for a good overview of how to use it, check out this tutorial:

It was based on the earlier version, even though it looks a little different, everything still applies.

• I’ve seen that before, however, my brain goes haywire trying to figure out the connections with AUM.

I’m trying to run FRMS through it. It would be cool if @Gavinski took the time and have a tutorial ready for me 🥴

@celtic_elk said:
    @iOSTRAKON

@sonosaurus said:

It was based on the earlier version, even though it looks a little different, everything still applies.

• @celtic_elk said:
    @iOSTRAKON

@sonosaurus said:

Thanks for sharing.

• Ok, I was trying to run sound instead of just capturing the sound. Be back later with chaos (well / ambient chaos?)

• OK, downloaded and will watch the video shortly. It will be great when this is finalized for iOS.

• I made a soundscape with 3 instances of PaulXStretch and several effect. Actually the first piece of music I did in a little over a year, so thanks for the inspiration…

https://martinneuhold.bandcamp.com/album/sacred

• @Martinj said:
    I made a soundscape with 3 instances of PaulXStretch and several effect. Actually the first piece of music I did in a little over a year, so thanks for the inspiration…

https://martinneuhold.bandcamp.com/album/sacred

Nice one. Enjoying your guitar album now.

• Any news on a release date?

• @lasselu said:
    Any news on a release date?

It could be anytime really… I actually forgot about it because it is an open beta (anyone can join without asking), which for an app that will always be free is practically the same thing :) except for the expiring part. Thanks for the reminder!

• Sonosaurus:
    looking for the release:) I guess a non-expiring from time to time feels good:)
    thank you for all your work. its wonderful!:)

• edited May 2022

@sonosaurus said:

@lasselu said:

It could be anytime really… I actually forgot about it because it is an open beta (anyone can join without asking), which for an app that will always be free is practically the same thing :) except for the expiring part. Thanks for the reminder!

Great!
    Well, I really don't want to have to install Testflight just to get it... ;)

• edited May 2022

Released free and open source on pc and Mac, I’m guessing iOS will follow soon.

https://sonosaurus.com/paulxstretch/

• @lasselu said:

@sonosaurus said:

@lasselu said:

Great!
    Well, I really don't want to have to install Testflight just to get it... ;)

TestFlight is 10MB

• So, is it coming? ;)