Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Superlux headphones

Originally bought Superlux hd 681. The dodgy cable made me then buy Superlux hd681 evo. I bought the velor pads for the evos. Again a dodgy cable. Mainly from using for gaming. So either headphones should be cool with electrical tape to strengthen connections like a Neutrik.

I then decided to buy x 2 Superlux hd 681. Instead of evo. The connection of the headphone end of 681 or evo are probably the same ( with the tape ) maybe better with the 681.

When I bought the evo before. I think I thought they wernt as wide. A review I think says they are dark ( maybe from the foam in ear circles )

The 681 seems quite forward though.

I now have a pair for gaming. No EQ. So use the velor pads that came with the evos and the thicker circle discs to reduce the high treble. Instead of the thinner discs that come with the oiginal 681.

The other pair. Music production 681. I bought the velor pads that are made for the 681 and not the evo.

The evo velor pads are more over ear than the 681. The 681 are still over ear but slightly on the cusp of seeming on-ear.

So the evo velor pads do fit the 681. Just not a tight fit and could probably pull ear pad off easier. Dont think the less tightness means leakage.

I havent added the thicker evo discs to the music production pair. As maybe using Morphit. Its best to use headphone. Like TB would have used when making correction.

Just thought Id say.

Use tape to strengthen connections.

Choose either the evo pads or 681 pads ( for the 681 )

Choose from the disc that comes with evo pads or disc that comes with 681 pads.

Or if buying a pair for gaming and a pair for music.

Choose 681 or evos.

If the connection is better/stronger with tape on the 681 and not the evo ( for a gaming pair ) Maybe just use the thicker evo disc. So you would buy x 2 681 headphones. 2 sets of velor pads. Either 681 or evo.

Obviously you can buy better headphones.

Comments

• Lemme clarify.

If from review. You think the 681 are better than evo. Soundstage and use morphit to fix treble.

Then you would buy velor pads. The evo and 681 pads fit the 681.

If you then also buy another pair for gaming and choose another 681 because the connection might be stronger ( with tape )

Then buy the evo velor pads and use the thicker evo disc because you dont have EQ.

• I use the hd 681B‘ s For mixing. The normal 681’s have too much bass. Tried so many. Had dt dt 770, dt 1990, Audiotechnica, expensive shure‘s Beyerdynamics dont work for mastering . F. E. The dt 880 sound decent, But the result is always too much low end and highs. This cheap superlux uncomfortable cans do translate best for my taste.

• edited April 2022

@Franketti said:
    I use the hd 681B‘ s For mixing. The normal 681’s have too much bass. Tried so many. Had dt dt 770, dt 1990, Audiotechnica, expensive shure‘s Beyerdynamics dont work for mastering . F. E. The dt 880 sound decent, But the result is always too much low end and highs. This cheap superlux uncomfortable cans do translate best for my taste.

I got the 681b also. Bought but not used. Read closed back might be better for bass. So it will be better for bass, when mixing?

If I use 681 for soundstage. If recording loop or samples. Would it be better to switch to 681b before recording. Or does EQ when mixing with 681b sort out frequencies?

The tape will strengthen cable. It wont bend.

• With the normal 681 you will get recordings with less bass, cause you lower it because of the high bass level of these cans.

• Lol. My headphone review. Madman. Cheers Frank

• Is this ok. I need to disconnect headphones. Like if you were to power off studio montitors before powering off iconnect audio 4c. I swear theres something wrong with audio4c but not soundwise. If I leave headphones connected and turn audio4c on or off. You hear a scratchy bleep even metres away from headphones but as I say. Its just a case of powering off monitors. Will an extension cable affect headphone quality?

• edited April 2022

These cables. Its like that got an r and d team. As annoying as playstation. Where as before. It would be make something that is quality. Now they can afford to have workers that make it impossible to work on devices yourself. A ps4 controller. Seems the same ( or just coincidental ) with the cable system. As described. Just to get the best cable outcome. Yeah. All that theory and review. Theres now another connection to deal with.

Actually. It were an ok decision. If I need to swap headphones for reference.

• edited May 2022

@juliasmith said:
    Is there a good wireless option? I can't stand cables anymore.

Not sure Julia. These are cool I guess. If you use the stretchy electrical tape. To stabalise the cables. Supposed to be as good as more expensive headphones.

I use TB Morphit app. Which is correction for headphones but you dont record signal throught the app. You would just be monitoring via app and recording would be of/without app. You could then maybe buy a wireless headphone brand, that most people buy. Might buy myself. This way I guess you will hear your mixes, of how most people might listen to music anyway. You could maybe use the bt headphones for sorting patches on ipad. When ipad is away from system or just chilling on sofa and it will also prolong the superlux.

Not sure if theres studio style bt heaphones ( flat sound ) and I think people say there would be overall lag

• edited June 2022

@Franketti said:
    With the normal 681 you will get recordings with less bass, cause you lower it because of the high bass level of these cans.

I dont have the 681b. Noticed morphit adds more bass to 681 whilst fixing treble. If you didnt use headphone correction ( maybe you didnt need to ) Does eq work. So that YOU. Ended up with less bass in comparison to the highs and not actually being less bass. Just because the highs make it seem like less bass?

Another question. If I buy common bt headphones and make a track that still has lots of adjustment via automation. Can I add bt headphones to a project. Where id still be using superlux. Listen through bt headphones. Then make correction with morphit. Even record through morphit. So theres a balance between the superlux and what it will sound like through bt headphones.

If using 2 ipads. Say Drambo as a reciever of most or all tracks.

Will the bt headphone still use the audio4c soundcard.

Does it matter if I connect headphones via Drambo ( there being a sender and reciever ipad ) and with how doing so, with incorperating morhit as described.

• @sigma79
    I don‘t know if the highs cause less Bass. That were my experiences. Just by hearing. I don‘ t have morphit snd bt headphones. Have no answer to your questions. Sorry.

• @Franketti said:
    @sigma79
    I don‘t know if the highs cause less Bass. That were my experiences. Just by hearing. I don‘ t have morphit snd bt headphones. Have no answer to your questions. Sorry.

Ok. Thanks.