Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Teenage Engineering TX6 Ultra Pro Mixer and Audio Interface and Synth !

edited April 2022 in Other

Comments

• edited April 2022

It’s a £1200 mixer/audio interface !

Link here

https://teenage.engineering/store/tx-6/

• edited April 2022

@CRAKROX said:
    It’s a £1200 mixer/audio interface !

Link here

https://teenage.engineering/store/tx-6/

Looks good and I imagine it will be well made but it seems a little high priced for what it is…

• That’s expensive!

• Especially as it has only 3.5mm jacks for most IO.

• edited April 2022

They put a poll up at the end of the live launch asking people who would buy it. 74% said no! Mostly down to price. It’s seems to be trying to be to many things and to be honest the controls that small must be fiddly. It’s advertised as a field mixer and ultra portable.

The new Syntakt is cheaper so would plum for that a lot more mileage.

Our stick with my TC Helicon Blender for now does the same thing at a tenth of the price.

• edited April 2022

the world is in shit
    and swedish c*nts
    release posh deluxe overpriced mixers:)

if you need a small mixer/soundcard that works great
    I do have this and its fully working- at 135 euro.

https://www.thomann.de/ro/tc_helicon_blender.htm

or go for BASTL Dude at 124 euro.
    https://noise.kitchen/bastl-instruments/bastl-instruments-dude.html

• Spectacular price. I ordered one for the guests restroom as well

• Way out of my price range, but did I hear correctly that it’s a two-channel OR twelve-channel audio interface? If so, even with everything on mini jacks, it provides a bit of value. With TE you’re always paying for portability.

• 12 channel portable interface is pretty neat, but that price is way off. Should be like half that, when things like Zoom H8 exists for $399.

• edited April 2022

This is so weird from a company known for only releasing value conscious products until now. /s

• Maybe they believe in "Nothing" now but 🤑

• Making music in a park is so yesterday... make hipsters great again!
    we need something to make music while hooked to a ventilator, or during bombing... c’mon TE... you can do it!

• edited April 2022

@Tarekith said:
    This is so weird from a company known for only releasing value conscious products until now. /s

haha, nice!

Now I know what that /s flag is, I should probably use it more often.

• Breaking: Teenage Engineering to rebrand as Sugar Daddy Pricing

• By the way, there is a 40 minute (!) delay on that video before anything actually happens. What in the..?

• edited April 2022

LOL. These guys have lost their minds and they've forgotten the whole point of their company, if you ask me.

Other than the six channels feature, all of this could be done in software and one could get an entire iPhone or iPad Pro at that price.

• Built in synth/drums? Crazy.

• @david_2017 said:
    Spectacular price. I ordered one for the guests restroom as well

This got an actual laugh out of me.

@NeuM said:

By the way, there is a 40 minute (!) delay on that video before anything actually happens. What in the..?

Why do you hate foreplay?

• Who would buy this. Well paid hipsters maybe.

• Great idea, horrible ergonomics. Tiny Hands mixer....it should be a little bit bigger IMHO...

• @cyberheater said:
    Who would buy this. Well paid hipsters maybe.

YouTubers. They'll praise it while fiddling with their free evaluation model.

• @NeuM said:

@cyberheater said:
    Who would buy this. Well paid hipsters maybe.

YouTubers. They'll praise it while fiddling with their free evaluation model.

Bingo!

Most YouTubers don't have to buy the gear they review...
    ...manufactures send the stuff to them for 'reviews' (ie. 'paid advertisement').

I'd call most of these videos 'previews' as they've likely not spent more than a few days reading the manual and tinkering with the boxes before making a 'review video' :sunglasses:

I've started to un-sub from many of these 'review channels' as it's so painfully obvious they are paid to say overly positive things about the products and very seldom even dare to mention quirks and stuff that doesn't work as expected...
    (Ie. even when they say that the manufacturer has no say in what they mention in the video the reality is that if they say 'wrong things' they will simply not get any more products to review from that specific manufacturer, it's as simple as that).

Oh well, guess that's the 'modern way' of marketing stuff and it irks me...

• $1 564,69USD, wow.

• That price is a fucking joke

• Weird choices to me. The input ADC supports up to 768 kHz sample rates. The output DAC supports up to 384 kHz. The device is limited to 48 kHz. I'm guessing that's because of their onboard processing limitations but that is just really silly to me when you are likely going to plug it in to a device that can certainly handle processing at least up to 192kHz and provide much better plugin support than what is on the device.

Codecs look to be low power optimized too -- not really ideal for a mixer/interface at this price point. The DAC's integrated headphone driver should be able to drive a good set of headphones at least.

I don't get it at all, but I bet they sell enough to make it profitable for them.

• I try to let things go that shouldn’t bother me, and I’m much better at it than I used to be. But there’s still something about a company who gouges people by selling inferior products at their price points, and it’s just as bad that people eat it up almost solely because of the reputation, aesthetic, and hipster/snob appeal.

• @oat_phipps said:
    I try to let things go that shouldn’t bother me, and I’m much better at it than I used to be. But there’s still something about a company who gouges people by selling inferior products at their price points, and it’s just as bad that people eat it up almost solely because of the reputation, aesthetic, and hipster/snob appeal.

ha!
    Good luck with your internal restraint.
    Between this and the Syntakt release, it's a hard day for the You Kids Get Offa My Lawn! brigade. I wish you strength in these trying times.

But seriously, what kind of Wheel of Fortune price is that? If you held a gun at my head and asked how much the tiny plastic mixer would cost, I think even $750 would be insane. You have to kind of admire them, you know?