Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

PaulXStretch - Extreme Time Stretching

As discussed in another thread, I've taken over maintenance of the PaulXStretch application/plugin and have made some updates to the Mac/Windows version, as well as getting an iOS version working (standalone and AUv3 effect plugin).

PaulXStretch is designed for radical transformation of sounds. It is not suitable for subtle time or pitch correction. Ambient music and sound design are probably the most suitable use cases. It can turn any audio into hours or days of ambient soundscape, in an amazingly smooth and beautiful way. The project is open source and free.

The iOS version is now in public TestFlight, so hopefully I can get a few more people to give some testing feedback.

I also made a new website for it, which has links for all the current builds, and also to the iOS TestFlight public signup.

https://sonosaurus.com/paulxstretch

Please let me know if you have any questions... and also try out the desktop versions as well!

Comments

• edited April 2022

And for a good overview of how to use it, check out this tutorial:

It was based on the earlier version, even though it looks a little different, everything still applies.

• Wow thank you for your efforts! I know many here have wanted this for a long time

• edited April 2022

Super Cool! Great work @sonosaurus

Thank you for doing this for everyone!

• Paul stretch is so cool!! Thank you for your service, and bringing it to iOS. 👍👍

• You are a true hero!

• Thank you so much for doing this!

• I just downloaded the Mac version, I love it.

• I’d never heard of this one before. Just tried the iOS beta. COOL!

• You can quickly spend hours listening to what comes out of this thing, beware!

• Wow
    Thanks a lot

• Thanks very much for all your work. Looking forward to trying it out :)

• @sonosaurus said:
    The iOS version is now in public TestFlight, so hopefully I can get a few more people to give some testing feedback.

I assumed you'd have been overwhelmed with testers. Happy to help out if you want more :)

• @el_bo said:

@sonosaurus said:

I assumed you'd have been overwhelmed with testers. Happy to help out if you want more :)

Plenty of testers, but only a few reported any feedback (thank you, there were and are still bugs!). Got it to the point I might as well open the gates.

• Wow. Thanks for taking this on and providing it in the iOS environment. It would be nice if there was a way to record the live output somehow as twiddling with the parameters provides some interesting audio explorations. Either a live recorder within the standalone or an auv3 version. I know that may not be in the plan and it is excellent as is just a small wishlist from a parameter tweaker.

• edited April 2022

@mikewb said:
    Wow. Thanks for taking this on and providing it in the iOS environment. It would be nice if there was a way to record the live output somehow as twiddling with the parameters provides some interesting audio explorations. Either a live recorder within the standalone or an auv3 version. I know that may not be in the plan and it is excellent as is just a small wishlist from a parameter tweaker.

Yeah I was thinking that should be in the standalone version for sure! Not a problem. There already is an AUv3 version (shows up as an effect plugin).

• ... and for now I can just record the output via usb audio out and run it through some pedals. Well done!

• @sonosaurus said:

@mikewb said:
    Wow. Thanks for taking this on and providing it in the iOS environment. It would be nice if there was a way to record the live output somehow as twiddling with the parameters provides some interesting audio explorations. Either a live recorder within the standalone or an auv3 version. I know that may not be in the plan and it is excellent as is just a small wishlist from a parameter tweaker.

Yeah I was thinking that should be in the standalone version for sure! Not a problem.

That would be great! Thanks.

• @mikewb There is an AU version. It's classified as an effect, not a generator.

• @Skyblazer said:
    @mikewb There is an AU version. It's classified as an effect, not a generator.

thanks so much for the heads up, Skyblazer
    !

• @sonosaurus said:
    You can quickly spend hours listening to what comes out of this thing, beware!

Years, even. Thank you so much for this @sonosaurus

• This is fantastic, cheers!

• @sonosaurus said:

@el_bo said:

@sonosaurus said:

Plenty of testers, but only a few reported any feedback (thank you, there were and are still bugs!). Got it to the point I might as well open the gates.

Do you want any nitpicky interface issue reports?

Also, is this going to remain free or will the released iOS version have a fee?

• @skiphunt said:

@sonosaurus said:

@el_bo said:

@sonosaurus said:

Feel free to PM me the nitpicky stuff.

All free, all the time

• @sonosaurus said:

@skiphunt said:

@sonosaurus said:

@el_bo said:

@sonosaurus said:

All free, all the time

Well… that’s great! Although… even though I already have too many apps… I think I’d pay a little for this one :)

Curious, when I record into the AUv3 version it looks like it’s creating a .wav file. Is that saved somewhere? Or does it evaporate when I close the app?

• edited April 2022

@skiphunt said:

@sonosaurus said:

@skiphunt said:

@sonosaurus said:

@el_bo said:

@sonosaurus said:

All free, all the time

Well… that’s great! Although… even though I already have too many apps… I think I’d pay a little for this one :)

As this code is open source, and mostly not even written by me, I feel that it would not be right to charge anything for it.

Curious, when I record into the AUv3 version it looks like it’s creating a .wav file. Is that saved somewhere? Or does it evaporate when I close the app?

Ah, good question... it is actually recording into the local document space of the plugin itself... the only place you can access it later is in the plugin. I should probably have that going to a shared folder that at least the standalone can also access.

• @sonosaurus said:

@skiphunt said:

@sonosaurus said:

@skiphunt said:

@sonosaurus said:

@el_bo said:

@sonosaurus said:

All free, all the time

As this code open source, and mostly not even written by me, I feel that it would not be right to charge anything for it.

Classy 👍

• This is awesome. Many thanks for your work.

• So absolutely cool, will have to try this. With Space fields!

• edited April 2022

I’m in a bit of shock that you guys put this together. I’m sure happy you did though. Cheers @sonosaurus y’all rock. Excited for the AU drum pads too. Congratulations on this amazing achievement for iOS music. Cheers!

• Ah, can't wait to try this! How does it compare to Audiostretch?