Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Elektron Syntakt

edited April 2022 in Other

Comments

• There's speculation that this is the Syntakt, which was discovered as a trademark that Elektron had applied for.
    There's some music on Dublab that is really cool and which appears to be related?
    https://www.dublab.com/archive/elektron-presents-new-sounds-from-a-new-place-04-19-22

• Sounds very FM based…

• Maybe some phase distortion thingie? CZ style

• Judging by the 68 minutes "album", it sounds like an fm synth with distortion (and other elektron effects) abilities.

• I think the “slice” comment might refer to something granular…

• Isn't the Digitone already FM? Don't know why they would build another one.

• @drez said:
    Isn't the Digitone already FM? Don't know why they would build another one.

And Model:Cycles too

• I would bet the "slice" refers to a sampler.

• 5$ says they go the way of Roland Cloud. With their new CEO who is all SaaS, and all the rust coders they've hired....

• @AlmostAnonymous said:
    5$ says they go the way of Roland Cloud. With their new CEO who is all SaaS, and all the rust coders they've hired....

Lol “Please connect Syntakt to an Internet accessible network to continue…”

• @iammane said:

@AlmostAnonymous said:
    5$ says they go the way of Roland Cloud. With their new CEO who is all SaaS, and all the rust coders they've hired....

Lol “Please connect Syntakt to an Internet accessible network to continue…”

checks out. then something like "unlock a 3rd LFO for 299.99$"

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    There's speculation that this is the Syntakt, which was discovered as a trademark that Elektron had applied for.
    There's some music on Dublab that is really cool and which appears to be related?
    https://www.dublab.com/archive/elektron-presents-new-sounds-from-a-new-place-04-19-22

If the new Elektron box created all the sounds from this album I’m in 🤞🏼🤓

• edited April 2022

The chatter is crashing the Elektronauts forum 🤔🤯🤪

• @echoopera said:
    The chatter is crashing the Elektronauts forum 🤔🤯🤪

There was some idea on that forum that there would be an answer today, or within hours. I fear that is not the case.

• Finally a good physical modelling drum box! :D

• edited April 2022

rs2000:
    yep - from the name, it is a drumsynth...
    and I bet the FORS guy (the designer of Cycles) has something to do with its algos.
    so this must be the Deluxe version of Cycles.

• @waka_x said:
    rs2000:
    yep - from the name, it is a drumsynth...
    and I bet the FORS guy (the designer of Cycles) has something to do with its algos.
    so this must be the Deluxe version of Cycles.

That’s Ess right? He also designed the Digitone. He left Elektron a while back, though

• edited April 2022

I'm still crossing my fingers for the Monomachine and Machinedrum's synthesis engines in a modern box, with the modern Elektron sequencer. Elektron's more recent analogs are nice, but there's magic in the original digital silver boxes, imo.

If it's truly a "12 Track Drum Computer & Synthesizer" maybe Elektron will make a keyboard version (like the Analog 4 Keys, not the Digitone Keys) with the 12 drum pads from the Analog Rytm (but make 'em a little softer).

• I wasn’t really interested in a “12 Track Drum Computer & Synthesizer,” but then I realized that it’s a groovebox. If it samples, then I might be in! A kind of OP-Z but with better hardware.

• Syn(thesizer) and (Digi)takt

Fingers crossed for a A4 & Digitakt lovechild.
    Finally the teasing will be over in a few weeks :-)

• edited April 2022

@nreidt said:

👆

In case this is not fake i'm buying it in day it will be available ... there is SOO much goodness revealed on this screenshot and doesn't look like fake (unlike other screenshots till yet which were obvious fakes) .. my DT+DN+A4 jam rig is begging for new companion

• @dendy said:

@nreidt said:

👆

In case this is not fake i'm buying it in day it will be available ... there is SOO much goodness revealed on this screenshot and doesn't look like fake (unlike other screenshots till yet which were obvious fakes) .. my DT+DN+A4 jam rig is begging for new companion

It is clearly a fake from the first news about Syntakt

• This sounds really really cool
    Wonder if samples are used too or the drums are synthesized

• If it also samples, then it will be a killer alternative to the OP-Z

• Looks like it samples there’s a pair of inputs on the rear.

• edited April 2022

@CRAKROX said:
    Looks like it samples there’s a pair of inputs on the rear.

You can route other synth in there as well. Like the Digitone. Have my Peak and my hydra going into the Digitone rn

Doesn’t have to be a sample Input though