Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Such a shame Beatmaker 3 is likely a very dead app soon…

It will suck to see such crazy potential app finally fall into the apps no longer with us toilet….
SMH
I mean there are literally no hardware comparisons to this….and it’s going down the drain.

Intua needs to sell to somebody interested in taking this app further, because apparently they are not taking it anywhere at all. Shoulda kept Mathieu! Sad times ahead I am sure.

Comments

• Where did you get this information from?

• Is the company bankrupt? I didn't know the app was abandonded.

• @MrSmileZ said:
    It will suck to see such crazy potential app finally fall into the apps no longer with us toilet….
    SMH
    I mean there are literally no hardware comparisons to this….and it’s going down the drain.

Intua needs to sell to somebody interested in taking this app further, because apparently they are not taking it anywhere at all. Shoulda kept Mathieu! Sad times ahead I am sure.

Where did you come up with that? It’s being worked on, just doesn’t get or need to be updated all the time. If it ain’t broke….. well you know the rest.

• Is this anything more than just a wild guess @MrSmileZ?

BM3 has had updates roughly every 11 months and even the last one (which appeared much earlier by this measure) was more than just a bugfix release.

• edited April 2022

It has probably been taken as far as it practically can and they are cookin up something new and different for the future. But hey looking at the update history there may still be updates.

• BeatMaker was one of my favorites. Unfortunately, I’ve experienced to many corrupt projects to trust it anymore. Nothing more frustrating than spending a few days on a project to lose it to a corrupt session.

• @mikewb said:
    BeatMaker was one of my favorites. Unfortunately, I’ve experienced to many corrupt projects to trust it anymore. Nothing more frustrating than spending a few days on a project to lose it to a corrupt session.

When you say corrupt session, what exactly is it doing? I’m asking because I have hundreds of projects and have never experienced anything like that?

• It’s very sad but since Mathieu Garcia (the main dev) leave the company, there was no signification update. Worse the latest beta made by Mathieu just before he leave 3 years ago and never released was much more advanced than current BM3 version.
    BM3 was my favorite app, i was more productive and have more pleasure to work with than any other app on the market whatever the platform.
    No new functionality for years now, no sign of activity on the main BM3 forum.I think BM3 is dead since a long time, hope I’m wrong.

• BM3 doesn’t get updates frequently?
    Composers in the 19th century composed music with the same tools and for the same instruments in their entire life :)

• Any word on the iPhone version? 🤣🤣🤣

• Still sounds ok for dead app 😉

• Someone will most probably bring up audio tracks in NS2 at some point

• Beatmaker 3 is not dead.

Earhoof.... now there's a dead app.

• @GrimLucky said:
    Still sounds ok for dead app 😉

This.... I'm still making perfectly decent beats on it and it haven't had a single corrupt session or crash in ages..

• @Gdub said:
    Someone will most probably bring up audio tracks in NS2 at some point

lol, i thought it. but now i’m thinking those BM3 and NS2 should combine apps to create a super app that does everything. !

• @CapnWillie said:
    Guess ABF was due for the quarterly BM3 whine fest by entitled users based off nothing.

Don’t mind me, just here for the tears. 🥲👀😂.

lol

• edited April 2022

Can you imagine if BM3 became iMaschine 3?
    Many of us bought into the Maschine ‘ecosystem’, because of iMaschine..

Win Win.

• At least you’re not waiting for audio tracks in NS2!

• @MrSmileZ said:
    SMH

for sure BM3 is a side-project (if not dead) ,
    if the dev wanted money he could find ways to continuously evolve the app , the worst part is it's surrounded by hardcore users and the dev doesn't engage on the (dead) official forum
    It reminds me of Geist2 desktop app

get Koala sampler with Zenbeats (or go on hardware mpc/force)

• Wait.. Geist is dead? I’m still mourning Guru...

• @Korakios said:

@MrSmileZ said:
    SMH

for sure BM3 is a side-project (if not dead) ,
    if the dev wanted money he could find ways to continuously evolve the app , the worst part is it's surrounded by hardcore users and the dev doesn't engage on the (dead) official forum

If the developer wanted money? The economics of the iOS music app development aren’t what you think.

People imagine it is much more profitable than it is. A few developers have managed to make it consistently profitable. The majority haven’t. It is why we’ve not seen NanoStudio’s audio tracks or a myriad other developments in other apps that seem like they are a few refinements away from perfection.

BM3 is a super-capable app. There are things that no other iOS app can do. It isn’t perfect. But for most people it is quite stable. Most of the reports of its being disastrous on the stability front are from years ago or a seemingly small number of current users whose experience is not typical.

The reality (based on conversations with a number of active developers and developers that have more or less given up on making a living at iOS music app development) is that continuous development on a mature app doesn’t generate enough revenue for them to justify the time.

• @GrimLucky said:
    Still sounds ok for dead app 😉

It’s not dead, it’s just resting.

• @0tolerance4silence said:
    Wait.. Geist is dead? I’m still mourning Guru...

I'm still mourning Tremor. I'm not mourning DR-008.

• @Simon said:
    Beatmaker 3 is not dead.

Earhoof.... now there's a dead app.

• edited April 2022

@Gdub said:
    Someone will most probably bring up audio tracks in NS2 at some point

I’m over the audio tracks, but I did experience what has to be an extremely rare crash with NS2 recently where I completely lost the project I was working on. For what’s it worth, I was recording into a loop with the built in keyboard and was spamming the undo button.

My only wishes for BM3 would be a global key/scale setting so I don’t have to change the pads for each sample, and some way to easily bounce a chunk of audio and bring it right back into the sampler without too much fuss. But like others have said, it still kicks ass

• I define a Dead app as a 32bit one, mainly because I accidentally updated my IPad 4 a long time ago…. 🤦🏻‍♂️

• @Brad said:

@mikewb said:
    BeatMaker was one of my favorites. Unfortunately, I’ve experienced to many corrupt projects to trust it anymore. Nothing more frustrating than spending a few days on a project to lose it to a corrupt session.

When you say corrupt session, what exactly is it doing? I’m asking because I have hundreds of projects and have never experienced anything like that?

I try to open a project and it says session corrupt cannot open. Has happened to me about 10 times. I’ve seen the problem pop up in the BeatMaker forums.

• edited April 2022

@mikewb said:

@Brad said:

@mikewb said:

I try to open a project and it says session corrupt cannot open. Has happened to me about 10 times. I’ve seen the problem pop up in the BeatMaker forums.

https://intua.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

tip: upload your session to cloud service that shows if the file is downloaded

• @mikewb said:

I had this same problem too, when I started out with BM3. What helped was, after saving the project to wait a few seconds before exiting BM3 or doing the double tap on the start button... Seemed like I was always closing the project/app too fast, while there was still something going on in the background... Maybe it is worth trying out, if this is your problem...