Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Bento noise box by Giorgio sancristoforo (windows and Mac)

edited April 2022 in Desktop

It’s an amazing analogue noise box thing, inspired by the japanoise scene, basically 2 oscillators that are about to collapse in on themselves and a whole lot of feedback loops and cross modulations, for anyone into noise, drone, experimental sounds or whatnot this is really amazing and cheap. Playing it on my windows tablet is really tactile and fun. Would be amazing on the iPad!

https://www.giorgiosancristoforo.net/

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CcS4uewg9jv/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Comments

• I’ve had some fun with the demo, nice unpredictable stuff

• edited April 2022

@Krupa said:
    I’ve had some fun with the demo, nice unpredictable stuff

Yeah it seems to be filling a hole that I thought would only be satisfied by abusing a mixing desk with a bunch of patch cables.

• @sevenape said:

@Krupa said:

Yeah it seems to be filling a hole that I thought would only be satisfied by abusing a mixing desk with a bunch of patch cables.

I’ve done that too, though it’s more scary and I managed to burn out a laptop sound card, luckily the dell engineer turned a blind eye to it and replaced it anyway 😆

• edited April 2022

@Krupa said:

@sevenape said:

@Krupa said:

I’ve done that too, though it’s more scary and I managed to burn out a laptop sound card, luckily the dell engineer turned a blind eye to it and replaced it anyway 😆

Hahahahahah 😀 scary is a really good word for it, I haven’t tried it yet but I’ve watched a lot of no input mixing videos on YouTube over the last week, and it seems like people trying to ride lightning!!!

• It was all fun and games, until it went wrong - I think I found a tape deck that would monitor and record all together, and made some insanity with it for a very stoned afternoon in my old studio in probably 2003… there might even be a digital recording of it somewhere, I should check as we used to regularly break from the visual work we did there into a storm of improv sound and music, bloody good fun that place was. Never made any money mind 😂

• man, sounds like a great place to work… when yr young! Closest I got to analogue insanity was getting real stoned and playing with a shortwave radio…

• All of his apps would be amazing on ios. So much great stuff.

• @cvwonder said:
    All of his apps would be amazing on ios. So much great stuff.

He’s like that sonic lab guy but not really condescending

• This one looks fascinating to me.

• @NeuM said:
    This one looks fascinating to me.

It is...I picked up a bundle of his apps on a deal a year or so ago - they're all very unique and sometimes hard to get to grips with but can create amazing sounds. All standalone though, so you need an audio router utility (like soundflower on a Mac) to get the output into a DAW. Points and Lines is also worth a look - very simple idea but very powerful https://www.giorgiosancristoforo.net