Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

How And Why To Use Group Tracks In Cubasis 3

In this video we’ll be demonstrating how to use the group track feature in Cubasis 3 and why it’s so important for your mixes.

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited August 2021

@ehehehe said:
    Great vid!

It would be nice if grouped tracks could be put away in folders. There is some available real estate below the solo and mute buttons on those tracks that could open the group track selector, with a similar button to close folders at the same spot. @LFS

Totally agree! A folder tracks like feature like they have in Cubase would most certainly be welcomed, I'm sure it will come to Cubasis in due time :)

• edited April 2022

Many thanks Vortex for the well done tutorial.

My question:

I have combined several tracks into one group.
    Some of the tracks have individual send effects.

When I mute the group, I don't hear any of the tracks in the group. As thought.

However, when I pull down the fader, I still hear the send effects of the affected tracks.

Is there a fader in Cubasis for the returns or in other words, how can I control the returns of the send effects in parallel with the group fader?

• @ehehehe said:
    Great vid!

It would be nice if grouped tracks could be put away in folders. There is some available real estate below the solo and mute buttons on those tracks that could open the group track selector, with a similar button to close folders at the same spot. @LFS

Hey Iskander, totally agree on the group folders. As far as the sends question currently there is no way to move them/automate them in parallel. You'd have to add separate automations for the mixer fader and send effect or individual track. Hoping this changes in the future.

• @Iskander said:

My question:

However, when I pull down the fader, I still hear the send effects of the affected tracks.

Is there a fader in Cubasis for the returns or in other words, how can I control the returns of the send effects in parallel with the group fader?

Hi there, if you have Neon audio editor, you could work around the send issue.
    You can use Neon as an effect on an audio track and use side chain feature to get a diy send return, making it possible to control the volume of the send, panning and also fader automation.
    Have a look at the set up

• edited April 2022

Many thanks @Paa89.
    Thats a nice and clever workaround. Even if with effort.

I hope, there will be a solution from Steinberg in the near future.
    Grouptracks are otherwise not optimally usable.

• @Iskander said:

My question:

I don’t use cubasis, hence my question- does cubasis let you choose between pre and post fader sends? The behavior you are describing would be what happens when you have pre fader sends, and if you are able to switch to post fader then it would act the way you desire.

• @ mrufino1

In Cubasis you can choose between pre and post only in the insert-section.

I guess, I will have to add the affected send-effects in the insert section.