Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

ShiftBud - Random Looping Sequencer inspired by Turing Machine eurorack module [OUT]

Edit: The app is out!
https://apps.apple.com/tr/app/shiftbud-generative-midi-auv3/id1616169031
———
Hey everyone, here I am with another eurorack inspired sequencer, ShiftBud - Random Looping Sequencer based on the Turing Machine module by Tom Whitwell.

I love Turing Machine on my eurorack because you can generate totally random CVs and lock them in a sequence (if you set the chaos knob fully clockwise or counter-clockwise) if you want. If you introduce low amount of chaos, then the sequence 'flips' occasionally and create beautiful melodies.

ShiftBud can generate MIDI notes or CC values which is great for modulating your synths! It has a very minimalistic UI with few knobs that you can set the rate and length of the sequence and control the chaos.

You can generate melodies in any key/scale you want and you can even use your custom scales that you created in ScaleBud 2. You can also create different pattern pages as well.

I'm very excited about this one because it's so much fun to play with, I'm sure people familiar with eurorack will immediately like this plugin. I'm also super happy about getting Tom Whitwell's approval, huge thanks to him as well!

Here's a quick demo two ShiftBud's in action; one is generating melodies and the other one modulates the Bleass Alpha's cutoff:

Comments

• Nice, this looks like the kind of immediate fun a sick puppy like me needs right now 🤧

• Instabuy...love it!

• edited April 2022

Looks wicked but I cant find it in the appstore in the UK
    edit Sorry dont think it is released yet.

• edited April 2022

Not out yet just joined the beta 5 mins play and I’m hooked ! @cem_olcay cheers for the invite. Note and CC working no problem in AUM.

• @Jumpercollins said:
    Not out yet just joined the beta 5 mins play and I’m hooked ! @cem_olcay cheers for the invite. Note and CC working no problem in AUM.

Beta Boaster 😉

• Super Interesting.

@Jumpercollins said:

Let me check email. Just saw YouTube, be honored to test it.

• Hey @cem_olcay didnt see an email but love to try it if you have any space. Cheers!

• @Strigoi I just updated that list, so i was about right in time :)

SnakeBud and ScaleBud support sample offset for correct timing with long buffer settings, the other bud apps didn‘t yet get a fix.

• edited April 2022

How is this one different from the module in miRack?

• @rs2000 said:

That looks like my module :)

• @stellare_modular said:

@rs2000 said:

Ours is 100% modelled after the hardware.

• edited April 2022

@rs2000 said:

If I may, your patch is not "correct" (so to speak!): OUT 1 generates the Turing CV values (and not gates). OUT 2 are alternate CV values controlled by the 5 knobs on top.

This module generates new values on each clock, so the "correct" patch would be to use your yellow Clock cable also for Gate.

Hope this helps :) (this is from the time I was using VCV a lot, hope I'm not mistaken but if you use a scope to check OUT 1 and 2, you'll see none of them are gates)

• edited April 2022

@Strigoi said:
    I’m wondering if bud apps still have midi timing issues?
    https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/46251/let-s-talk-about-midi-sequencer-timing

Last it was left, @cem_olcay did find the issue and made changes on 1-2 of the newest apps I think it was Melody Bud, maybe Snake Bud. I’m assuming the new ones have the midi timing fixed going forward but can’t say for sure. He would have to answer that. Or someone could check with a monitor. I’m hoping he goes back and does chordbud, stepbud, arpbud 2, Rhythmbud. I’ll pay another $1 IAP for it in each app if necessary. I’m a huge fan of Cem’s, and use his apps a lot, so seeing these updates would be awesome. As a workaround I often record the midi when needed, but it be nice to have them all up to midi accurate timing.

• @stellare_modular said:

@stellare_modular said:

@rs2000 said:

Ours is 100% modelled after the hardware.

Been playing with it all afternoon, and now’s i want one, maybe I’ll build a giant one when I get back to the workshop…

• edited April 2022

Thanks @jsmonzani! Good to know.

TBH I was too lazy to read the manual so I did what I thought would work and I got a random melody with random rhythm anyway - I guess CV1 has crossed the gate threshold often enough :D

@stellare_modular Yes and it's great! And you've also done a nice job with the LINK module.
    Another one that @Krupa would want for his endless hardware rack ;)

• @rs2000 said:

TBH I was too lazy to read the manual so I did what I thought would work and I got a random melody with random rhythm anyway - I guess CV1 has crossed the gate threshold often enough :D

@stellare_modular Yes and it's great! And you've also done a nice job with the LINK module.
    Another one that @Krupa would want for his endless hardware rack ;)

To be fair, I think investigating bit shift chips was in about week 32 of my research grant project, once it actually starts proper (🤞 May once this vr project is delivered)

• edited April 2022

@rs2000 said:

Exactly what I thought :) And it's a pretty neat idea by the way.
    Speaking of pseudo-random, may I shamelessly promote Seeds of Change that I've developed and is part of Froten Wasteland. It's a pseudo random number generator that you can reset to regenerate the same values. It outputs 5 CV with attenuverters with 5 gates with probability. The seed (either from a CV input or from the dial) controls the random number generator seed.

Here's a simple patch with a reset every 3 bars and default seed of 0. Turn the seed dial to generate new sequences, use the multiply knob to spread the notes and the probability to generate more or less of them.

• @jsmonzani said:

@rs2000 said:

Exactly what I thought :) And it's a pretty neat idea by the way.
    Speaking of pseudo-random, may I shamelessly promote Seeds of Change that I've developed and is part of Froten Wasteland. It's a pseudo random number generator that you can reset to regenerate the same values. It outputs 5 CV with attenuverters with 5 gates with probability. The seed (either from a CV input or from the dial) controls the random number generator seed.

Here's a simple patch with a reset every 3 bars and default seed of 0. Turn the seed dial to generate new sequences, use the multiply knob to spread the notes and the probability to generate more or less of them.

I’m starting to think that an expert sleepers thing should be the main thing I’m thinking about to close off my rack, so much fun stuff when combining the hardware and all the great things in mirack/VCV….

And sorry to @cem_olcay for my part in derailing this thread; I’m intrigued to see where you’ve taken the concept in your plugin when I can :)

• Just hit the UK app store....👍

• Giveaway demo to accompany the other demo from last week.

• edited April 2022

The app is out everybody, would love to hear what do you think about it!
    (Also if you can rate the app in the app store it would be great, it helps a lot!)

https://apps.apple.com/tr/app/shiftbud-generative-midi-auv3/id1616169031

• The new update is on the way! The new version v1.1 will add a nice "Ramp" setting to the CC sequencer which would apply CC values smoothly. You can of course set it to zero for instant rhythmical changes :smile:

• @cem_olcay said:
    The new update is on the way! The new version v1.1 will add a nice "Ramp" setting to the CC sequencer which would apply CC values smoothly. You can of course set it to zero for instant rhythmical changes :smile:

Awesome. I think that opens up a lot of options in terms oh how fast or slow your CC values change. Great addition.

• The new version is up!

• @cem_olcay said:
    The new version is up!

Sweet.

• Cem. Length isnt mappable via controller. Other parameters are.

What app you making next?

• @sigma79 said:
    Cem. Length isnt mappable via controller. Other parameters are.

What app you making next?

Oh it’s only reads 0 and 1 values apparently, thanks for reporting that!
    I’ll make an update quickly.