Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

The big KORG Gadget fun/freak/experiment thread

Comments

• @Dobre_Trava said:

@FordTimeLord said:

@Dobre_Trava said:
    The question is a little off topic for this thread, but I have not found information on it anywhere. in Stockholm, the sample is played further while there is a touch on the display with the rex file. when playing from the midi keyboard, only one slice is played. is there a play mode switch for external devices?

You need to go down to a lower octave on your controller to trigger the full loops.

Yes it is possible to trigger any of the 8 loops, but they seem to be played from the beginning. I don't remember exactly the name of this mode, as long as the key is held down, the loop continues to play. if you touch and hold the screen of the gadget, the loop continues playing from any slice.

Ah right, got you. I’ve not come across a way to do that. Agree it would be nice though.

• I remember this mode is called playback through, like ableton simpler or audio sampler in the BM3.

• Another nice cover by Krauss Maffei:

• I like this jazzy fragment by Kazuhiko Fujinawa:

• Oh cool, thanks for sharing, I made that Patch of the Week video for Korg, was about to share it here :)

• @PulseEmitter Nice to see a Patch of the Week with Gadget. Hope Korg do more of them.

• @R_2 said:
    @PulseEmitter Nice to see a Patch of the Week with Gadget. Hope Korg do more of them.

In fact it is a series of 5 videos, stay tuned. Not all patches are as experimental as this one but most are pretty out-there.

• edited August 2021

@PulseEmitter said:
    Oh cool, thanks for sharing, I made that Patch of the Week video for Korg, was about to share it here :)

This was you mate? 😀 I f*ing love it! I'm definitely going to have a go with this patch.

EDIT: So here's how it's going. I first copied the Kiev patch, then I tweaked it a little bit to slow down how fast the sounds morph (as I want this to evolve over an extended period of time). Next, I moved the delay down to IFX slot three, put a saturator in the first slot to add grit/dirt, an EQ in the second slot to shape the patch a little. Then I turned off the send to the master reverb as I wanted to have more control over the sonic space: an FB (feedback) reverb in slot 4, and a regular reverb in slot 5. FB reverb followed by regular reverb can give me some really long reverb tails and impossibly large spaces. Still not as high quality as Alteza, but serviceable.

EDIT 2: Okay, added Montpellier and whipped up a nice patch to lay nicely on top of the modified Kiev PulseEmitter patch.

• 2nd Patch of the Week by @PulseEmitter

• @R_2 said:
    2nd Patch of the Week by @PulseEmitter

This one and the preceding Kiev one are good little performances. I like them.

• 3rd Patch of the Week by @PulseEmitter

and a new jam by @Hankastral

• This person used Taipei for some real external drums :D

“ We used the Taipei gadget, which can control external MIDI devices with the KORG Gadget 2 iPad version, and automatically played a mokugyo & bell whose servo was controlled by a MIDI mechanical system.”

• Patch of the Week 4

• Patch of the Week 5

• I like @PulseEmitter ‘s patch series, they’re small enough to just introduce a person to a gadget they might not be too familiar with, starting from near init and going somewhere plausible in a few mins.

• 🎄🎷

• New jazz track by Fujinawa Kazuhiko

• Absolutely awesome. Especially in the light that many people are saying Gadget is best for EDM 😅

• I’ve always defiantly tried to make rock, jazz, and otherwise ‘non-edm’ music in addition to the wild electronic stuff. It was clearly intended for that stuff at first, but I’m so glad they eventually put nice stuff in there like all the modules and the free guitar amps! It was very tricky to get ‘organic’ sounds out of it at first though! Haha

@krassmann said:
    Absolutely awesome. Especially in the light that many people are saying Gadget is best for EDM 😅

• Seemed appropriate to post a (old but good) vid about Kiev today 🇺🇦

• Tips & tricks by Anthony Seeha:
    “If you're still a little new to KORG Gadget on iOS, these tips should help you out! I also make a song along the way, so listen to the end to hear it evolve.”

• Vangelis homage by Nekopong (Gadget Mac). 24 tracks… I thought 8 was a lot.

• @R_2 said:
    Vangelis homage by Nekopong (Gadget Mac). 24 tracks… I thought 8 was a lot.

Is this the desktop version of Gadget?

• @spyrogaia said:

@R_2 said:

it says right there "(gadget Mac)", so probably a mac pc or laptop.

• @Nimgwen said:

@spyrogaia said:

@R_2 said:

it says right there "(gadget Mac)", so probably a mac pc or laptop.

Oh yes, of course! I completely skipped over that. :blush: