Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Hammerhead 25th Anniversary Edition - Out Now!

Comments

• @uncledave said:

@rogp said:
    Is there anyway to tell which preset is in use when using HH in cubasis for example. This is mystifying me!

Generally, when you save a project or session in a hosting app, the AUv3s are not using any preset. You probably began by loading a preset in the app, but you could have changed it before saving the host project. Once you restore a project in the host, the app is just using a bunch of data provided by the host, not a specific preset. The app cannot tell which preset that data originated from. This is inconvenient, but it really is how it has to be.

It seems to depend whether the plugin offers the preset name as a parameter to the host DAW when the host saves the plugin state. Some plugins do reload with preset name recalled, some (e.g. Lagrange) don't, though they may recall the parameters that make up the preset.

• @uncledave said:

@rogp said:
    Is there anyway to tell which preset is in use when using HH in cubasis for example. This is mystifying me!

Generally, when you save a project or session in a hosting app, the AUv3s are not using any preset. You probably began by loading a preset in the app, but you could have changed it before saving the host project. Once you restore a project in the host, the app is just using a bunch of data provided by the host, not a specific preset. The app cannot tell which preset that data originated from. This is inconvenient, but it really is how it has to be.

It seems to depend whether the plugin offers the preset name as a parameter to the host DAW when the host saves the plugin state. Some plugins do reload with preset name recalled, some (e.g. Lagrange) don't, though they may recall the parameters that make up the preset.

• Thank you @uncledave and @craftycurate. Good points for me to ponder.

• @brambos hammerhead is my absolute go to for drums in loopy pro. I love how you can play the patterns via midi unquantised, as I can use the loopy quantisation and not miss the first beat.

Anyhow, one thing I’d love to request is the ability to put in original bpm for user sample ‘breaks’. Don’t want timestretching or anything, just a way to make it fit the pattern length perfectly like the built in breaks do.

• @gregsmith said:
    @brambos hammerhead is my absolute go to for drums in loopy pro. I love how you can play the patterns via midi unquantised, as I can use the loopy quantisation and not miss the first beat.

hmmm. is that using clips to trigger midi via follow actions or something?

• No, just stop the internal sequencer and trigger the sequences using MIDI.

• @gregsmith said:
    @brambos hammerhead is my absolute go to for drums in loopy pro. I love how you can play the patterns via midi unquantised, as I can use the loopy quantisation and not miss the first beat.

Anyhow, one thing I’d love to request is the ability to put in original bpm for user sample ‘breaks’. Don’t want timestretching or anything, just a way to make it fit the pattern length perfectly like the built in breaks do.

Same here. I was originally going to loop HH in Loopy but then I found how much i love HH mutation feature to keep drum loops fresh. Works perfectly to send a follow action note to HH to change patterns!

• edited March 2022

@SimonSomeone said:

@gregsmith said:

hmmm. is that using clips to trigger midi via follow actions or something?

Yep that’s exactly what I do, using dummy clips with the play/stop follow actions.

Misses the first beat with drambo, polybeat, koala… even Rozeta xox I think!… basically all the other ones I have, cos they all try and quantize, even when instantaneous pattern switching is enabled.

• @dokwok2 said:
    @brambos, How can I transfer my user presets to a new iPad? (I did reread the thread and manual.)

You can open a zip-file with your presets using Hammerhead to add your presets on the new iPad.

In order to find your current presets, you can find them in the folder Hammerhead > Backup. You'll probably need a computer to zip them.

• @brambos said:

@dokwok2 said:

>

You can open a zip-file with your presets using Hammerhead to add your presets on the new iPad.

In order to find your current presets, you can find them in the folder Hammerhead > Backup. You'll probably need a computer to zip them.

Why would you need a computer to zip them?

• @anickt said:

@brambos said:

@dokwok2 said:

>

Why would you need a computer to zip them?

Nice! Never even looked for that. That should work fine indeed!

• @brambos said:

@dokwok2 said:
    @brambos, How can I transfer my user presets to a new iPad? (I did reread the thread and manual.)

In order to find your current presets, you can find them in the folder Hammerhead > Backup.

Thanks. I AirDropped the zip from one iPad, and opened the zip directly in HH on the other.

• @brambos said:

@dokwok2 said:

Tried this but can’t get it to work. From my old iPad - I found the Backup folder with all my presets. I shared it to iCloud, imported to AudioShare on my new iPad , then made a zip out of that Backup folder. I choose to open the zip in HH - which opens, but I don’t see my presets anywhere...? Any help?

• @Halftone said:

@brambos said:

@dokwok2 said:

Tried this but can’t get it to work. From my old iPad - I found the Backup folder with all my presets. I shared it to iCloud, imported to AudioShare on my new iPad , then made a zip out of that Backup folder. I choose to open the zip in HH - which opens, but I don’t see my presets anywhere...? Any help?

Did you try to share the zip file from AudioShare, or from the Files app? Sharing may work differently in those two cases.

• @uncledave said:

@Halftone said:

@brambos said:

@dokwok2 said:

Did you try to share the zip file from AudioShare, or from the Files app? Sharing may work differently in those two cases.

Just tried to open the zip from Files but same issue - it’ll open HH but no presets

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@gregsmith said:

Same here. I was originally going to loop HH in Loopy but then I found how much i love HH mutation feature to keep drum loops fresh. Works perfectly to send a follow action note to HH to change patterns!

I know right, the glitch and mutation are so cool. Also you can’t do the pitch adjustments.

• Is there a way to save presets made in the drumsynth? Drumsynth settings are saved in global presets but it would nice to be able to use favorite drumsynth sounds in multiple projects without having to recreate them. Hopefully I’m missing something simple.

• @ecamburn said:
    Is there a way to save presets made in the drumsynth? Drumsynth settings are saved in global presets but it would nice to be able to use favorite drumsynth sounds in multiple projects without having to recreate them. Hopefully I’m missing something simple.

+1

• @ecamburn said:
    Is there a way to save presets made in the drumsynth? Drumsynth settings are saved in global presets but it would nice to be able to use favorite drumsynth sounds in multiple projects without having to recreate them. Hopefully I’m missing something simple.

You saw the copy and paste buttons for drumsynth settings?

• @circledsquare said:

@ecamburn said:

You saw the copy and paste buttons for drumsynth settings?

Maybe I misinterpreted the original ask but I want to be able to bring a full rack of sounds from one preset to another (separate the sound rack from the sequence). The feature you mention is for the drum synth only. Reading it again, we prolly are looking for different things.

• edited March 2022

Copy/paste and the randomize button speed up creating a new patch. What I was talking about was being able to store drumsynth patches outside a global preset for later use.

• @ecamburn said:
    Copy/paste and the randomize button speed up creating a new patch. What I was talking about was being able to store drumsynth patches outside a global preset for later use.

You can initialize a patch, let's call it new. Then load old patch, copy, load new patch, save. Do this 8 times, if you want to save 8 drumsynth sounds from old into new. Maybe you are objecting to this process, but it is pretty fast. The factory templates like the (awesome) minipops are only sounds, isn't that what you basically want?

• edited March 2022

@circledsquare said:

@ecamburn said:

You can initialize a patch, let's call it new. Then load old patch, copy, load new patch, save. Do this 8 times, if you want to save 8 drumsynth sounds from old into new. Maybe you are objecting to this process, but it is pretty fast. The factory templates like the (awesome) minipops are only sounds, isn't that what you basically want?

Not quite. I understand that you can save a preset containing drumsynth patches and that preset can be recalled as a time saver. I’ve already created a preset with 8 drumsynth channels that provides a nice template. Imagine though that you have an instance of Hammerhead that has 8 sample channels and in the middle of writing a song that you want to replace one of the sample channels with a drumsynth snare patch you created earlier. You can’t bring the drumsynth settings from one preset into another preset as far as I can tell. I’d love to be wrong about this. I realize there are tons of workarounds like just opening up a second instance of HH so not a big deal by any means. Recreating a patch in drumsynth is not the end of the world either.

• I just did it, I think? Open up a preset, switch to a drumsynth sound. Do copy patch (at the bottom of the drumsynth screen). Then load in another preset. Switch to drumsynth on any of the 8 slots. Paste patch. You just copied a drumsynth sound from the first preset to the second preset.

• edited March 2022

Brilliant @circledsquare. The patch stays in the clipboard from one preset to another. Each AUM channel seems to have a separate clipboard (you can’t paste a patch from HH in one channel to a HH in another channel) but that’s not a big deal. Thanks!

• @lukesleepwalker said:

Maybe I misinterpreted the original ask but I want to be able to bring a full rack of sounds from one preset to another (separate the sound rack from the sequence). The feature you mention is for the drum synth only. Reading it again, we prolly are looking for different things.

Drumsynth and sample both have this. (For sample it is copy wav, paste wav, then change duration). But yes, you have to do 8 copy/pastes to copy a full kit from one preset to another. It is pretty fast though.

• @circledsquare said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

Drumsynth and sample both have this. (For sample it is copy wav, paste wav, then change duration). But yes, you have to do 8 copy/pastes to copy a full kit from one preset to another. It is pretty fast though.

It’s a quibble to ask for the whole kit, for sure. I’d love to be able to quickly change kits via MIDI in HH but I’m totally down with Bram’s less is more approach.

• Is anyone using a beatstep with HH? I was just given one and I’m thinking it could potentially be a great dedicated controller just for HH. Could map the encoders to control glitch, mutation, etc and volumes (no pans) plus 16 pads. I saw the previous midi controls but are there any for velocity, pitch, etc? Not sure if it’s possible to make a script to control the sequencer but that would enable an entire hands free experience. That would be super great to integrate into my live Loopy setup!

• I am asking similar question as the last one from @Lacerate and as the last one in other Hammerhead forum: Is there a way to automate pitch for each sound in Hammerhead with external sequencer? Actually, velocity is fine - just set the velocity on note you trigger. But with pitch it seems not to be possible. Actually also note length is not respected (seems like internally HH uses decay parameter and ignores note length).
    I have tried sending various MIDI CC and pitch bend on various channels but seems to not work. Also
    @brambos would it be possible to implement please? Either via MIDI or as an AU parameters, ideally both :innocent: Thank you!

• No, these are only accessible using the internal sequencer :)