Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Headphones and microphone on iPadPro can sound together? Is it possible?

Hello. Please help me with a problem that I can't handle. Is it possible to somehow save the ability to record to the built-in microphones when connecting headphones to the Ipad Pro 2021? When headphones are connected, the signal disappears. I use a small docking station. Everything works well on the iphone. What is the problem? And is it solvable? Thanks.

Comments

• Do your headphones have an in-line microphone (a lot of earbuds do) or headset microphone (a lot of gaming headphones do) ?

If you use headphones that have no microphone feature, you should be able to keep the recording input set to use the iPad Pro built in mics.

• McDMcD
    edited March 2022

@CracklePot said:
    Do your headphones have an in-line microphone (a lot of earbuds do) or headset microphone (a lot of gaming headphones do) ?

If you use headphones that have no microphone feature, you should be able to keep the recording input set to use the iPad Pro built in mics.

Count the black lines on the headphone jack:

https://forum.audiob.us/uploads/editor/lw/wlqtagdn7oac.png

If you see 3, then the IOS device will assume the only active mic is at the end of that cable. If you see 2, then the internal mic should be available to you.

NOTE: I did not test this... it's worth testing. Ideally, in AUM but every DAW needs to be considered.

• @CracklePot said:
    Do your headphones have an in-line microphone (a lot of earbuds do) or headset microphone (a lot of gaming headphones do) ?

The most common headphones without a microphone. But the microphone is still muted. I think it's a problem with the adapter. Everything works on the phone. There is a connection to the Geezdo, so there are no problems.

• @McD said:

@CracklePot said:

Count the black lines on the headphone jack:

https://forum.audiob.us/uploads/editor/lw/wlqtagdn7oac.png

If you see 3, then the IOS device will assume the only active mic is at the end of that cable. If you see 2, then the internal mic should be available to you.

NOTE: I did not test this... it's worth testing. Ideally, in AUM but every DAW needs to be considered.

The connector is standard, with three notches. In DAW, routing is available, but the microphone disappears when the headphones are turned on. I'll try the Apple adapter tomorrow. Now an adapter with Ali.

• Thanks to all. The problem was in the adapter, which did not have a DAC. Everything works with the native adapter.