Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Something new from FAC Drumkit.

Comments

• Yay!

Nice to see the ring-mod options which are a source for all kinds of weird electronic synth/percussion sounds :sunglasses:
    Especially when controlling the pitch of each oscillator independently or in opposite directions.

Combined Sync & RingMod was quite frequently used for 'death sounds' in C64 games...

• Thanks Fred, an update well worth a tip!

• Thank you all for your great support, really appreciated!

As promised I ve just created the request in Patchstorage for #FacDrumkit

Please support the request to be listed on the site ❤️

https://patchstorage.com/requests/fac-drumkit/

• @FredAntonCorvest I tipped you -- I encourage and remind others to, if they can, to do the same.

• @FredAntonCorvest said:
    Thank you all for your great support, really appreciated!

Yes 👏👍. I want a Death Sounds patch from @Samu!. 💀

• wimwim
    edited February 2022

@oceansinspace said:
    This looks great! I am still using seek beets and DC but this may be a nice add-on to the more synth drums I program. Would you say this is more realistic sounding or synth drum? It looks kinda in-between.... Cheers.

It can be fully realistic sounding or synth sounding or anywhere in-between. I enjoy it not only for Seekbeats type use, but also for starting with a real sampled drum and enhancing it with the synth tools. Seekbeats is truly special and I marvel at it every time I use it. But this has scratched that itch well enough, and has a bit more capability in some areas.

The only piece it doesn't have that apps that go for realism don't have is velocity layering. I never seem to miss that though.

• @tahiche said:

@FredAntonCorvest said:
    Thank you all for your great support, really appreciated!

Yes 👏👍. I want a Death Sounds patch from @Samu!. 💀

Hehe, we'll have to wait and see when the update is out or something?!...
    ...I've got full focus on the upcoming Drambo update :sunglasses:

• Nice, thanks yawl. I will have it in my list.

• This and Polybeat are pretty great together. Just a really fast and fun way to dial in a beat.

I did see some performance issues when opening the UI recently, particularly when I maximized the UI. I've not been able to replicate that, but wondered if anyone else had seen it?

• @cian said:
    This and Polybeat are pretty great together. Just a really fast and fun way to dial in a beat.

I did see some performance issues when opening the UI recently, particularly when I maximized the UI. I've not been able to replicate that, but wondered if anyone else had seen it?

Same here. Opening UI can cause dsp spikes/crackling.

• edited March 2022

Where's the best place to report bugs for this app @FredAntonCorvest?

• Granted, when I bought my iPad - 7th gen, 32gb :| - I was only planning on using it for streaming and stuff, so I'm assuming my model is underpowered, but my iPad gets super cranky when I make FAC full size in AUM. Crankier than TAL, even.

• It's fine if I don't have much in the way of other synths, but if I have a few running it can get pretty bad.

• Thank you for letting me know, I've sent you a private message @cian 🙏🏼✨

• Max 4s sample time?! Brilliant, thanks Fred, tip sent.

• Any idea when this’ll hit the store?

• Which MIDI preset config are people using to sequence this app with Bram Bos’ two Rozeta sequencers? (These presets are accessed in Rozeta through the circled star icon.)

• @dokwok2 said:
    Which MIDI preset config are people using to sequence this app with Bram Bos’ two Rozeta sequencers? (These presets are accessed in Rozeta through the circled star icon.)

Any chromatic map that starts with 36 will work. "Axon 2" or "Elastic Drums" in Rozeta Rhythm are examples. You'll only get the first 8 pads of course.

• @oat_phipps said:
    Any idea when this’ll hit the store?

It's out now!

• I’m getting Polybeat right now to test this out. Anton/FAC recommends it so…

• I can now migrate my drum kits. Huzzah.

• It’s out 👍

• Crashhhhhhhh! Riiiiiiiide!

Perfect. Best drum solution period for iOS. I mainly use it as a sample player as a LinnDrum/Wendel die-hard, but the synth section is awesome as well. So many drum synths can’t get a good, deep snare.

• This is great. I dropped by the tip jar as well.

• edited March 2022

Are choke groups (mute groups in this one) working for everybody? It feels like it doesn’t choke like expected.

• Shame it won’t work in Ableton, but totally cool it’s coming to the Mac.

• @mistercharlie said:
    Shame it won’t work in Ableton, but totally cool it’s coming to the Mac.

The appearance of more AUv3 plugins on Mac might just drive host developers to add support…