Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Loopy Pro Roadmap

See Loopy Pro's roadmap to vote on roadmap items (to help me prioritise features!), see what's currently in progress and upcoming, and subscribe to receive notifications when particular features are implemented.

https://loopypro.com/roadmap

Comments

• edited March 2022

deleted

• That’s enough features to keep you busy for a couple of years ;)

• any chance of multi in/out for auv3’s hosted within LP?

• Very impressive. I've never seen any developer present a huge checklist of options and allow users to vote on features.

• @gregsmith said:
    any chance of multi in/out for auv3’s hosted within LP?

Yeh, I noticed that missing too. I used the ideas tab to request it.

• @gregsmith said:

Isn’t this what you are looking for? Or don’t I read it correctly

• @Lorichs said:

@gregsmith said:

Isn’t this what you are looking for? Or don’t I read it correctly

I think @wim added it via ideas (thanks @wim !)

• edited March 2022

When you submit an idea, should it appear on the listing immediately?
    This interactive roadmap is a great idea!

• Yes. Thanks @wim that is one of my primary wishlist features.

• Absolutely great, @Michael. I wish all developers would be so transparent. 👏

• @krassmann said:
    Absolutely great, @Michael. I wish all developers would be so transparent. 👏

+1

• @prtr_jan said:
    When you submit an idea, should it appear on the listing immediately?
    This interactive roadmap is a great idea!

I can only imagine @Michael promoted it from ideas to the roadmap straight away

• This is genius. Not many developers are willing to publish this freely. Kudos for sure.

• I hadn’t though about the “Comping” feature and it’s the best idea ever!.

Besides comping a good take, it’s got a ton of very useful possibilities:

• make new clips that play different takes
    • random take each loop pass: this will make projects a lot more dynamic and interesting.
    • Cherry pick takes via actions: the first takes are great for the beginning of the song, the latest “you got overexcited” ones for the second verse…
      🤟🙌🙌
  • @tahiche said:
    I hadn’t though about the “Comping” feature and it’s the best idea ever!.

• random take each loop pass: this will make projects a lot more dynamic and interesting.
    • Cherry pick takes via actions: the first takes are great for the beginning of the song, the latest “you got overexcited” ones for the second verse…
      🤟🙌🙌

+1

• It’s great to see this sort of thing in commercial software, especially from such a singular developer as Michael. I’m quite used to things like it from open source (mainly blender but a few others as well), but I’ve not seen anything as open and comprehensive from a closed source dev before…

• @tahiche said:
    I hadn’t though about the “Comping” feature and it’s the best idea ever!.

🤟🙌🙌
    • 1 for comping
  • Already pretty clear which thing on the roadmap is outright 'winning', and I'm sure that Michael knew it would!

• @tahiche Comping! Yes!
    This is the thing to be able to press any part of a song vertically/horizontally on a touch pad and loop record it till your satisfied.
    This and Midi recording is what I’m waiting for (:

• edited March 2022

@Michael_R_Grant said:
    Already pretty clear which thing on the roadmap is outright 'winning', and I'm sure that Michael knew it would!

Yeah…the winner was quite obvious…
    What I’m surprised of is some features not receiving much votes. Probably some of them are not too easy to understand or not immediate to bind to the possibilities they would open.
    Michael knows which one would be my favorite, but at the moment people don’t see the abilities it will give access to (please guys, read my comment at “ Cross-device canvas” and VOTE FOR IT 😂)

• OMG that backlog must be terrifying and inspiring!

(Who does a kanban board right to left? Must be southern hemisphere thing...)

• Wow! A ‚modifier widget’! So cool. I was wondering why none of iOS music apps that I’m aware of use this handy feature. Most graphic/painting/sculpting apps on the platform have been utilitizing this solution for years. It gives so much more potential for touch interface controls.

• Keep in mind what happens when you listen to your users too much!

• edited March 2022

Another vote for MIDI Looping

Thanks Michael.

• Thanks
    Votes are in

• @Liquidmantis said:
    OMG that backlog must be terrifying and inspiring!

(Who does a kanban board right to left? Must be southern hemisphere thing...)

Of course. Also the water spins around in the other direction when running down the drain.

• I find it surprising that „Reverse and tape slowdown“ gets more votes that AUv3 multi-out and sidechaining. Well, but that‘s democracy….

But think about it comrades, sidechaining also allows creative ways to route audio while the slowdown could also be done with an fx plugin, Bleass Slowmachine for instance.