Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Using StreamByter to automate Play/Pause [SOLVED]

I had previously used basic midi-learn, triggered by my BlueBoard pedal, to Play/Pause the AB3 transport.

However, since this is now interfered with, when using my current StreamByter script, I need to be able to use that same script as the trigger.

I’m fairly sure I’ve seen “StreamByter” listed as a Trigger in the past but I can’t seem to get it to appear now.

Any ideas would be very welcome!

PS I notice that AUM has the facility to listen for MMC SysEx messages. I did try: Send F0 7F 7F 06 02 F7 , but no joy.

AUM Manual says:
The "Receive MMC" toggle allows control of the transport clock with MIDI Machine Control. When enabled, AUM reacts to the MMC SysEx messages for play, stop and record.

Comments

• @MikeFloutier I just tested your Sysex in an AUM/StreamByter combo and it worked:

# AUM play/stop control demo
    # 
    # Route the midi output of this streambyter instance to 
    # AUMs midi control.
    #
    # -ki 06.03.2022

If LOAD
      Set NAME AUM_Play_Control

Set q0 PLAY +button
      Set q1 STOP/REWIND +button
      Set q2 +hide
      Set q3 +hide
      Set q4 +hide
      Set q5 +hide
      Set q6 +hide
      Set q7 +hide

set SLIDER_DISPLAY 1
    end

# Check for button q0
    If M0 == F0 7D 01 00
      set lb0 sStart
      Send F0 7F 7F 06 02 F7
    End

# Check for button q1
    If M0 == F0 7D 01 01
      set lb0 sStop
      Send F0 7F 7F 06 01 F7
    End

Pressing button 0 starts AUMs transport and button 1 stops it. If stopped, pressing button 1 will rewind the AUM transport.

The StreamByter AU was loaded inside a midi slot and its output routed to AUM Midi Control.

• @MikeFloutier said:
    I had previously used basic midi-learn, triggered by my BlueBoard pedal, to Play/Pause the AB3 transport.

However, since this is now interfered with, when using my current StreamByter script, I need to be able to use that same script as the trigger.

I’m fairly sure I’ve seen “StreamByter” listed as a Trigger in the past but I can’t seem to get it to appear now.

Any ideas would be very welcome!

PS I notice that AUM has the facility to listen for MMC SysEx messages. I did try: Send F0 7F 7F 06 02 F7 , but no joy.

AUM Manual says:
    The "Receive MMC" toggle allows control of the transport clock with MIDI Machine Control. When enabled, AUM reacts to the MMC SysEx messages for play, stop and record.

Have you added Midi Learn as a destination for Streambyter on the MIDI Page? You need to do that for AU’s MIDI to reach it.

• _ki_ki
    edited March 2022

@MikeFloutier I‘m missing a bit of context here: What is the use-case for your ‚current streambyter script‘ and where it‘s loaded and routed to ? Do you want additionaly control transport of AUM or AudioBus ?

My above script sample only proved that AUms manual is correct and its transport can indeed be controlled by MMC Sysex messages.

• edited March 2022

@espiegel123 said:.

Have you added Midi Learn as a destination for Streambyter on the MIDI Page? You need to do that for AU’s MIDI to reach it.

Thank you @espiegel123 , that’s what I needed to know!

It works fine, and without the SysEx message (although it was great to hear I’d managed to decode the Somascape page 😂). I just inserted “Send B0 $21 $127” instead. [edit: plus, of course, the midi-learn bit enabled by your brilliant tip]

@_ki , many thanks for that input. Regarding the context, I’m running:

1. Midi Guitar 2 as a standalone,
    2. AudioKit Synth One, also stand-alone,
    3. AudioKit AR-909 (drums) inside AB3, all 3 controlled with a,
    4. BlueBoard BT Midi pedal - 4 buttons + 2 external sockets for CC input. I use the 4 buttons to select the presets in 1. & 2. above and one of the sockets, with a sustain type pedal to handle the following:
    5. Start/Stop for the AR-909 (quick click), plus 2 pattern handling routines,
    6. a) Main/Alt pattern > Fill-In > Main/Alt (short hold), and
    7. b) Main > Fill-In > Alt, or Alt > Fill-In > Main (long Hold)