Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

BYOD - FREE From Chow DSP

ChowDSP's BYOD is now available for FREE to desktop and iOS users.
https://chowdsp.com/products.html

Comments

• Great…but why free !! I mean, this is a great app

• thanks Jatin!
    very generous of you.
    amazing playground.

• I would have gladly paid for this so instead I left Jatin a tip. These and the Nembrini pedals are among the very best.

• We are not worthy! Congrats on the release; this app is now an essential tool in the arsenal.

• Thank you.

• Awesome 👍

• @cuscolima said:
    Great…but why free !! I mean, this is a great app

You never know a developers circumstance, for all we know they are rich and do it as a hobby. There could be a bunch of reasons, ya know…. I’m hoping Chow ports the phaser and VCV rack too. They are the only two on the page not ported to iOS yet.

• Cheers @AliAhmet i was on the beta but I like to download on release, especially if free, just to make sure I get it. You never know… could have a price in the future…

• edited March 2022

Edit - I meant to say, our former forum member flo has a great demo on their YouTube channel of this app, definitely check it out.

2 actually, this one in style of Jimi.

• This one has an early black keys vibe

• @Poppadocrock said:
    I’m former colleague flo has a great demo on their YouTube channel of this app, definitely check it out.

2 actually, this one in style of Jimi.

loved this! very nice tones! (& superb playing Flo!)

• I took screenshots to copy his presets, lol.

• edited March 2022

Great sounding app - thank you!

Question: I've noticed that when I was using it in AUM and I clicked through the presets quickly it would crash the app. Anyone else getting this? (Air 2, iOS 14.8 and also on my iPad mini 3 iOS 12.5.5).

• edited March 2022

@Poppadocrock said:
    I took screenshots to copy his presets, lol.

I tried to emulate (one of) his Hendrix setups as best I could (and posted here with the utmost respect for Flo):

• @Simon said:

Question: I've noticed that when I was using it in AUM and I clicked through the presets quickly it would crash the app. Anyone else getting this? (Air 2, iOS 14.8 and also on my iPad mini 3 iOS 12.5.5).

Same on my iPhone 6S.

This is my favorite distortion plugin.

• edited March 2022

@jolico said:

@Simon said:

Same on my iPhone 6S.

-It's pretty cool and leaves tons of room for more effects to be added in the future.

-Maybe a kit for users to design their own effects would be a neat add-on (similar to Bram Bos' "Mosaic Plugin Workshop").

-I'd still ike to see more of a snap-to-baseline/grid option for organizing the effects boxes though. The layouts can very quickly become a real tangle.

• This thing sounds great on a 303.

• @FastGhost said:
    This thing sounds great on a 303.

👍

• I would love to use this for mastering.
    Please let the dry signal stay “stereo”.

• The Waveshaper module is 🔥
    Also, now there's another option for an AUv3 tuner.
    thanks thanks @chowdsp 🙌🏼 🙌🏼 🙌🏼

• @jolico said:
    I would love to use this for mastering.

+1

• @Gravitas said:

@jolico said:
    I would love to use this for mastering.

+1

+1 just noticed that while checking the stereo splitter module

• @sharifkerbage said:
    The Waveshaper module is 🔥

Iron clad truth.

• Quick run:

• @NeuM said:

@Poppadocrock said:
    I took screenshots to copy his presets, lol.

I tried to emulate (one of) his Hendrix setups as best I could (and posted here with the utmost respect for Flo):

Thanks for that. Cheers!

• @NeuM said:

@jolico said:

@Simon said:

Same on my iPhone 6S.

-It's pretty cool and leaves tons of room for more effects to be added in the future.

-Maybe a kit for users to design their own effects would be a neat add-on (similar to Bram Bos' "Mosaic Plugin Workshop").

-I'd still ike to see more of a snap-to-baseline/grid option for organizing the effects boxes though. The layouts can very quickly become a real tangle.

Maybe we could start a Patchstorage page, and vote to get it put up.

• edited March 2022

@Poppadocrock said:

@NeuM said:

@jolico said:

@Simon said:

Same on my iPhone 6S.

Maybe we could start a Patchstorage page, and vote to get it put up.

Would be a good move. Frankly, I'm getting more use out of this compared to IK's MixBox right now.