Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

BEATFORMER by Accusonus - About to Disappear?

Hi!

I'm making a prediction as it looks like BeatFormer is still in the App Store at the moment, but I was really close to purchasing a couple of other Accusonus products for desktop and so just discovered that their Web site says the company is "embarking on a new adventure" and those products are no longer available for purchase.

Therefore, I would not be surprised if BeatFormer (an excellent app for shaping drums) disappears from the App Store soon. I'm actually surprised it's still even showing up!

Just a heads up...

Comments

• My guess is that they have been acquired by another company...
    ...I would not be surprised at all if it's Apple...

• @Samu said:
    My guess is that they have been acquired by another company...

That was my initial thought as well. Those drum plugins were really forward-thinking. At this rate, I might eventually have to actually try Garageband or Logic...

• The wiki says they were bought by Meta, which makes sense, considering there’s hardly any information on the Accusonus site about anything. It’s like they packed their bags and ran before the feds got there or something. I wouldn’t expect Meta to have some class and let Accusonus leave their customers behind in a warmer manner.

Anyway I don’t even come to this forum daily so I find it serendipitous because just late last night I was trying to redownload Regroover so I was left in the ghost town of Accusonus wondering wtf happened and how I could get my dl. And now it’s literally easier for a pirated copy to show up in search results more than the legit version.

• edited March 2022

Interesting and lame. Until January, they were selling their products and subscriptions, sucks for those using latter. I only bought regroover pro, which I barely used, but I'd be pissed if I bought other plugins. They are saying a year of support tho.

• edited March 2022

What? I love Beatformer. I use that app on drums a lot. Thanks @oddSTAR for the heads up. Can we contact them through the website?

Maybe it’s an iOS adventure, lol. Wishful thinking.

• @shazbot said:
    Anyway I don’t even come to this forum daily so I find it serendipitous because just late last night I was trying to redownload Regroover so I was left in the ghost town of Accusonus wondering wtf happened and how I could get my dl. And now it’s literally easier for a pirated copy to show up in search results more than the legit version.

I hope you found it already but in their FAQ they do link to a product download page here:
    https://accusonus.com/downloads

• edited March 2022

Ahhh they buried that page in one of their questions….meanwhile they have that Installers link at the top…
    whatever. Thanks lol

• @Samu said:
    My guess is that they have been acquired by another company...

It was in fact Facebook.

Can’t bring myself to call the company Meta, it’s dumb.

• edited January 2023

I’m confused, Beatformer was deaded according to this thread (echoed in the Knock plug-in thread). I have a 1st gen iPad Pro on iOS 13 and figured that when I wanted to use BF, I would do it on there and then share the completed loop to my iPad Air 4. Since I was pLanning on updating the Air to ios 16, I assumed it would break Beatformer on that device. I just thought to confirm, loaded it up on a drum loop and it’s working same as always. Is this a fluke, am I incredibly lucky, am I out of the loop and this is a common occurrence, do raisins belong in traditional picadillo?

I’m stoked because, of course, it sounds so sweet on drums and sometimes bass, even more so now that I thought I was going to lose it. You don’t know what you have until Meta rips it from your gnarled, overworked hands and guts it while it’s still breathing to feed the bottomless data-lust of Darth Marzuc

• @king_picadillo said:
    I’m confused, Beatformer was deaded according to this thread (echoed in the Knock plug-in thread). I have a 1st gen iPad Pro on iOS 13 and figured that when I wanted to use BF, I would do it on there and then share the completed loop to my iPad Air 4. Since I was pLanning on updating the Air to ios 16, I assumed it would break Beatformer on that device. I just thought to confirm, loaded it up on a drum loop and it’s working same as always. Is this a fluke, am I incredibly lucky, am I out of the loop and this is a common occurrence, do raisins belong in traditional picadillo?

I’m stoked because, of course, it sounds so sweet on drums and sometimes bass, even more so now that I thought I was going to lose it. You don’t know what you have until Meta rips it from your gnarled, overworked hands and guts it while it’s still breathing to feed the bottomless data-lust of Darth Marzuc

If you already had Beatformer on the device, it would not disappear or cease functioning when the app was removed from the store.

• @espiegel123 ios updates aren’t a guaranteed break if dev doesn’t update the app? I was under the impression of an app was abandoned, it wouldn’t get the necessary updates to function on new version a of iPad OS.

• It can break it but an update won’t necessarily mean it will break it

• @king_picadillo said:
    @espiegel123 ios updates aren’t a guaranteed break if dev doesn’t update the app? I was under the impression of an app was abandoned, it wouldn’t get the necessary updates to function on new version a of iPad OS.

ios updates aren't guaranteed to break apps. I have plenty of apps that haven't been updated in years and still work in ios 16 and some have been t of the app store for years. If I delete or offload the apps, I won't be able to get them back. OS updates might break them but haven't so far.

• @espiegel123 @Fingolfinzz thank you, best news I’ve gotten, I mistakenly thought it was a guaranteed break. Saves me from having to buy Knock, I can approximate this effect with Beatformer and a couple off other apps I already own. Saved me $30.

• I had the ipa on my computer and was able to load it up again on my iPad luckily so looks like I can stop debating on getting Knock

• Stoked for you, helped me with my decision too, it’s a great little program.

• @king_picadillo said:

Updating the OS doesn't necessarily break an abandoned app. I have Beatformer on my old iPad and updating to iOS 16 didn't kill the app.

However when I migrated to a new device, Beatformer (along with a couple of other abandoned apps) didn't survive.

• @richardyot said:

@king_picadillo said:

Updating the OS doesn't necessarily break an abandoned app. I have Beatformer on my old iPad and updating to iOS 16 didn't kill the app.

However when I migrated to a new device, Beatformer (along with a couple of other abandoned apps) didn't survive.

That’s exactly what happened to me. When I got my new iPad I lost half a dozen apps or so.

• Thankfully I have it on both my older pro and my air 4.

• @king_picadillo said:
    @espiegel123 ios updates aren’t a guaranteed break if dev doesn’t update the app? I was under the impression of an app was abandoned, it wouldn’t get the necessary updates to function on new version a of iPad OS.

It depends. Not necessarily. it turns into a crapshoot really.