Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Quick! How to get started with Drambo + Koala - A Basic Beat Pt.1

Comments

• Awesome. I have been sleeping on koala and drambo since purchase (too many apps to play with :lol:)
    Gotta try this later today

• @senhorlampada said:
    Awesome. I have been sleeping on koala and drambo since purchase (too many apps to play with :lol:)
    Gotta try this later today

Definitely! I'll be showing the sequencing bit in Pt.2. :smiley:

• I like this Quick! style tutorial.
    Great job!

• It’s so quick, you can’t see anything!

• What is the advantage of involving koala where you can do this with the sampler ? The timestretch ? The editing of the samples ? Real question here :-) always thought that drambo was sufficient the sampler department.

• @jazzmess said:
    What is the advantage of involving koala where you can do this with the sampler ? The timestretch ? The editing of the samples ? Real question here :-) always thought that drambo was sufficient the sampler department.

You're right. This is nothing that couldn't be done solely in Drambo or Koala. It's the same story with the pt2 vid I'm working on. I think the advantage would come in when you start dabbling with Drambo's effects capabilities. Like if you like the Koala workflow but want more in the FX department. Or perhaps if you want to use Koala with other auv3 stuff and don't own AUM.

I actually got the idea for making this vid from a guy on Reddit asking if it was possible to make "boom bap" beats in Drambo. I know this isn't boom bap but I think it pretty clearly answers that question as well.

• @mistercharlie said:
    It’s so quick, you can’t see anything!

You can pause and use the video speed feature on YouTube to slow it down. The superfast sequencing stuff will be shown in more detail in the pt2.

• @CracklePot said:
    I like this Quick! style tutorial.
    Great job!

• @JesseZ said:

@jazzmess said:
    What is the advantage of involving koala where you can do this with the sampler ? The timestretch ? The editing of the samples ? Real question here :-) always thought that drambo was sufficient the sampler department.

You're right. This is nothing that couldn't be done solely in Drambo or Koala. It's the same story with the pt2 vid I'm working on. I think the advantage would come in when you start dabbling with Drambo's effects capabilities. Like if you like the Koala workflow but want more in the FX department. Or perhaps if you want to use Koala with other auv3 stuff and don't own AUM.

I actually got the idea for making this vid from a guy on Reddit asking if it was possible to make "boom bap" beats in Drambo. I know this isn't boom bap but I think it pretty clearly answers that question as well.

>

im pretty sure that was me haha. im starting to understand that you can quite literally, make ANYTHING in drambo. thanks for making these videos :)

• edited May 2022

@JesseZ ayyy! Koala + Drambo is my main workflow for the music I make. Slicing in koala is a dream + you get multiout for placing sounds in different channels. Combined with drambos sequencer it’s amazing. Flexi is still an amazing sampler but Koala has it beat for per slice/pad control. Great quick tutorial.

• Yeah I too prefer Koala for some things over Flexi.

Often I will use it for recording samples, processing and resampling for later use in the shot sampler.

• @JesseZ said:

You're right. This is nothing that couldn't be done solely in Drambo or Koala.

That was my thinking, although it’s a nice little beat. :-)
    Throw some boom bap in there and Bob’s your uncle. ;-)