Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Beatmaker 3: Trim a Sample and then Bounce it - How to?

Hello

Today I encountered a situation which I would like to seek advice on:

I recorded someone and the audio track had a second at the beginning that I wanted to trim in BM3. I imported the whole audio track as a sample and then trimmed it accordingly in the sampler of BM3. However, I failed when trying to save the now trimmed sample (the entire audio track basically, just minus the annoying second at the beginning) as a new file (so we could then use it as the backing track for his recording). This is a total noob question because I am not used to working with BM3 yet, but could someone please help me with a solution here? How do I get from the trimmed sample in BM3‘s sampler to a full-on audio export of said sample?

Comments

• Quick answer:
    Click on the three dots besides slice mode
    There you have an option to save your sample

But i'm actually not that used to slicing and exporting. I'll check some stuff and get back to you :wink:

• Thank you! I tried that but it just saves the original sample. Not the trimmed version

• It looks like you’ve just set markers. If you click the edit button below the waveform you’ll have options to trim the sample. If you trim the waveform it create a new sample with the original name plus numbers at the end e.g. sampleName[01].

You should be able to save that sample with a name of your choosing.

• Tap on the edit button to get into the bigger sample editor there you’ll find the trim and other process functions…

• Thank you both, too. This worked. However, how do I then export the trimmed file? Sorry, I know these questions are really basic

• @christsinfamie said:
    Thank you both, too. This worked. However, how do I then export the trimmed file? Sorry, I know these questions are really basic

It’s automatically saved and replaces the existing sound on the pad, you can also save it by tapping the 3 dots next to the file name…

• I see. But how do I export that trimmed sample in the end?

• @christsinfamie said:
    I see. But how do I export that trimmed sample in the end?

Export to where?
    All samples are visible usng the Files.app and you can also easily share the file or files from the built-in file browser…

• edited February 2022

Found it, thank you! I know this was a very beginner-y question, but yous were so friendly and helpful. I appreciate it a lot!

• edited February 2022

@christsinfamie said:
    Found it, thank you! I know this was a very beginner-y question, but yous were so friendly and helpful. I appreciate it a lot!

Have a look at these Intua videos: