Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Forum hanging? [SOLVED]

tjatja
edited February 2022 in Support and Feedback

The last days, I often see a blue load bar in Safari on iPad and the "reload" button is not yet visible - instead the cross "x" will be shown.
Also the "loading" circle will constantly be shown.

Touching this cross often loads the rest of the page, but still, for me things are often hanging.
I don't have the same effect on other websites.

I also tried to disable content blockers and Safari Extensions, to no avail.

Just asking if others see the same and informing @Michael

Comments

• Some of us were seeing this a few weeks ago, though I can't find the thread now where it was discussed.

For me it lasted 2-3 weeks and then everything suddenly started working again.

• edited February 2022

All good here on iPad or Mac.

• This rings a bell - it was happening to me a couple weeks ago, turns out it was an issue with Gravatar.com, which is where a lot of the profile icons come from and for some reason the loads were holding up the whole page display. I think they might be having some problems with their CDN. Not quite sure what to do about it really. Wait and hope it goes away?

• Thanks, @MisplacedDevelopment

@Simon said:
    All good here on iPad or Mac.

I tested a bit...

Please try this page:

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/48959/which-basic-daw-for-mac#latest

I think that this depends on the content - there, we have quoted videos and such.

• @Michael said:
    This rings a bell - it was happening to me a couple weeks ago, turns out it was an issue with Gravatar.com, which is where a lot of the profile icons come from and for some reason the loads were holding up the whole page display. I think they might be having some problems with their CDN. Not quite sure what to do about it really. Wait and hope it goes away?

Ah.
    Interesting.

I may later try with inspector loaded...

Thanks!

• Neither Inspect nor the Web Inspector Extension did help in finding the cause.

May try at the Mac in the evening...

• edited February 2022

Those both load instantly for me, using iCabMobile on iPad 6, iPadOS 15.3.1. I'm on WiFi from Verizon FIOS. Could it be a problem with your name server, or VPN?

Edit: No problem in iPadOS Safari either.

• . @uncledave that may well be country depended...

• tjatja
    edited February 2022

It does not go away on my iPad, even after a hard-reboot.

I then tried another iPad, also on the latest iPadOS, and did not even login to the forum - same effect.

I try to ignore this for some time, but it is very irritatating and constantly requires touching that cross to trigger loading at all.

• I get this on my phone when I’m at work. Same thing, tap the x and the page loads.
    The internet connection there is suspect so I always blamed that.

• tjatja
    edited February 2022

@Ben said:
    I get this on my phone when I’m at work. Same thing, tap the x and the page loads.

Interesting.

I also compared to the Mac now, which uses the same internet connection - it does not hang!

Then the same on my iPhone that had not the latest iOS - it hangs.

And finally, I switched the iPad to mobile internet, which is a different provider to my DSL - this also hangs!

:#

• wimwim
    edited February 2022

@tja said:

@Ben said:
    I get this on my phone when I’m at work. Same thing, tap the x and the page loads.

Interesting.

I also compared to the Mac now, which uses the same internet connection - it does not hang!

Then the same on my iPhone that had not the latest iOS - it hangs.

And finally, I switched the iPad to mobile internet, which is a different provider to my DSL - this also hangs!

:#

Somewhat off-topic, but I've been noticing slow browsing on many sites on my iPad Air 2 since the last iOS update or two. I was about to start a thread asking if anyone else has seen this. It's feeling a little like that day when I went "one iOS update too far" on my previous iPad and it turned into a useless paperweight.

But, to be fair, I've had a few occasions recently where AB forum has been slow on my Mac too.

• @Michael said:
    This rings a bell - it was happening to me a couple weeks ago, turns out it was an issue with Gravatar.com, which is where a lot of the profile icons come from and for some reason the loads were holding up the whole page display. I think they might be having some problems with their CDN. Not quite sure what to do about it really. Wait and hope it goes away?

Please guys try this link:
    https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/28980/let-s-see-your-studio-setup-photos-please/p15

Does it "hang"?
    If so, I'd repeat my "forum bug report" for a third time: Html embedded images have no size tag here.
    Some browsers display the page text anyway and extend the display canvas to adapt to pending vs finished image loads as required but I guess that iOS Safari isn't one of them unfortunately.

• @rs2000 said:

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/28980/let-s-see-your-studio-setup-photos-please/p15

Does it "hang"?
    If so, I'd repeat my "forum bug report" for a third time: Html embedded images have no size tag here.
    Some browsers display the page text anyway and extend the display canvas to adapt to pending vs finished image loads as required but I guess that iOS Safari isn't one of them unfortunately.

It's fine here on MacOS, iPhone 7, and iPad Air 2.

• edited February 2022

@wim said:

@rs2000 said:

Does it "hang"?

It's fine here on MacOS, iPhone 7, and iPad Air 2.

My iPad is still on 13.7, same issue with Safari and Chrome, maybe that's why?
    It only happens on the first page load, subsequent reloads will catch images from the browser cache.

• @rs2000 said:

@Michael said:

Does it "hang"?

Nope, does not hang.

But this:

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/48959/which-basic-daw-for-mac#latest

• All six pages load fine here on my iPad and Mac.

• Strange 😅

• Just had it not load on Windows / Chrome for a bit (has been a couple days since this machine was on the forum). Required a few refreshes.

• FYI: Automatic is the developer of Wordpress, which is the core application of the forum. Automatic has another project called “Gravatar” that centralizes our profiles and critically that little image icon that appears on every comment. So a page load will request dozens of avatar images from The Gravatar service. A contend delivery network can be inserted in the process to speed re-delivery of these images. So, many may have excellent load times while some geographies are having issues. I’d expect our browsers to cache these images locally to help. It’s not something @michael can control or manage. It comes with the scaling efforts of Wordpress to create these additional services that they can market to other web services to create a light weight web ID service and data collection service.

• McDMcD
    edited February 2022

Gravatar is also used by GitHub, Slack and Discus. It’s been in use for 15 years.

• The AB forum runs on Vanilla actually, not Wordpress. But it still uses Gravatar sometimes for profile icons

• I just disabled Gravatar. @tja how’s that for you now?

• Works fine on both Mac (FireFox browser) and iPad (Safari).

• @Michael said:
    I just disabled Gravatar. @tja how’s that for you now?

Many thanks, Michael

Sadly the situation is the same.

Switching from page 5 to page 6 hangs:

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/48959/which-basic-daw-for-mac/p6

When I kill Safari on iPad and go to the tab with with URL, even nothing will be loaded at all - until I press the "x".

Or did you re-enable again?

• tjatja
    edited February 2022

When Safari is hanging, it totally hangs - I cannot switch to one of the other pages of this topic anymore. Or tap any other link on the webpage.
    At first I need to tap the "x" before Safari responds again.

As this page has several YouTube links, I had the feeling that those are related.

But logging out of my Google account in Safari did not change nothing.

• Web Inspector shows some Load errors:

Checking in the loaded resources, I see some "0.jpg" that did not load:

• All of them refer to images about Ableton, for examples this:

https://img.youtube.com/vi/jtH61_4r6PQ/0.jpg

I see 7 of those "0.jpg" but when testing some, they load fine separately in Safari.