Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

MIDI Issue with AUM and AudioKit Analog 909

Suddenly I am unable to assign MIDI in AudioKit Analog 909 while loaded in AUM because its Settings button has disappeared (!) It does appear while in standalone mode. What’s going on?
@uncledave , anyone?

Comments

• @StudioSisu said:
    Suddenly I am unable to assign MIDI in AudioKit Analog 909 while loaded in AUM because its Settings button has disappeared (!) It does appear while in standalone mode. What’s going on?
    @uncledave , anyone?

Have you tried rebooting?

• @StudioSisu said:
    @uncledave , anyone?

Do you mean MIDI learn? It shows for me, as shown below. There have been recent updates to both iPadOS and AR-909. Are you on current versions? Also, when you're in AUM, you can also directly assign parameters to MIDI messages, as also shown in the pic.

If you just mean the MIDI Channel, I suspect it won't matter in AUM, because it will only receive MIDI routed to it by the AUM routing matrix.

• @uncledave said:

@StudioSisu said:
    @uncledave , anyone?

Do you mean MIDI learn? It shows for me, as shown below. There have been recent updates to both iPadOS and AR-909. Are you on current versions? Also, when you're in AUM, you can also directly assign parameters to MIDI messages, as also shown in the pic.

If you just mean the MIDI Channel, I suspect it won't matter in AUM, because it will only receive MIDI routed to it by the AUM routing matrix.

@uncledave The photo shows the MIDI page I am unable to access when Analog 909 is opened in AUM. No MIDI info shows at all and the Settings button is missing. Where did it go?? I just want to assign it to a MIDI app or controller, as in the past.

I’m a bit of a AUM and MIDI newbie, so forgive me if I’m missing the boat somehow. Analog 909 appears to be the current version - no way to tell from the Analog 909 interface, but my iPads are updated.

How do I route 909 to a Midi channel in AUM without this? I guess you’ve given me the answer already 😆

• @StudioSisu said:

@uncledave said:

@StudioSisu said:
    @uncledave , anyone?

@uncledave The photo shows the MIDI page I am unable to access when Analog 909 is opened in AUM. No MIDI info shows at all and the Settings button is missing. Where did it go?? I just want to assign it to a MIDI app or controller, as in the past.

I’m a bit of a AUM and MIDI newbie, so forgive me if I’m missing the boat somehow. Analog 909 appears to be the current version - no way to tell from the Analog 909 interface, but my iPads are updated.

How do I route 909 to a Midi channel in AUM without this? I guess you’ve given me the answer already 😆

Yes. You route MIDI to AUv3s using the AUM MIDI matrix, the "snake" icon in upper right. It will let you access any other Audio Units that are loaded, as well as Virtual Ports from other apps, and hardware devices. My pic is pretty slim, but you can see AR-909 ready to be connected. Just tap a square to make the link

• edited February 2022

Yes. You route MIDI to AUv3s using the AUM MIDI matrix, the "snake" icon in upper right. It will let you access any other Audio Units that are loaded, as well as Virtual Ports from other apps, and hardware devices. My pic is pretty slim, but you can see AR-909 ready to be connected. Just tap a square to make the link

@uncledave Got it! Thanks for your help! 👍👍