Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

2022 Desktop Plugin Samples Deals

Comments

• Thank you so much!

I’ve seen and heard the Weiss stuff, but will now do a comprehensive research based on your advise. Never used it myself. There is a lot of snake oil and black magic out there.

What is your take on Izotope?

• @128BPM said:

RX 9 is essential. The rest of the range I'd (subjectively) classify as workmanlike. Not best in class but not rubbish either. But that's not including their reverbs which now offer some of the classiest in the audio sector (seeing as Izotope purchased Expontial Audio, a company founded by the team behind all of Lexicon's classic hardware reverbs).

• edited February 2022

@jonmoore said:

@128BPM said:

RX 9 is essential. The rest of the range I'd (subjectively) classify as workmanlike. Not best in class but not rubbish either. But that's not including their reverbs which now offer some of the classiest in the audio sector (seeing as Izotope purchased Expontial Audio, a company founded by the team behind all of Lexicon's classic hardware reverbs).

Dead on.

Also, Exponential Reverbs are great. It hurts to see some of them at $5 pluginboutiqe sales now. I got them when they were released- I don't care to remember the price but it wasn’t that. Was so excited Michael Carnes was doing his own thing.

Edit: Just saw Klevgrand 50% off purchase this weekend. (Not on bundles) code: LoveHurts2022
    https://klevgrand.com/

• @maxwellhouser said:

@jonmoore said:

@128BPM said:

Dead on.

Also, Exponential Reverbs are great. It hurts to see some of them at $5 pluginboutiqe sales now. I got them when they were released- I don't care to remember the price but it wasn’t that. Was so excited Michael Carnes was doing his own thing.

Edit: Just saw Klevgrand 50% off purchase this weekend. (Not on bundles) code: LoveHurts2022

My understanding is that the exponential reverbs are no longer going to be updated, hence the low price. I think I read that they incorporated the exponential code into the neoverb, but I don’t have that one so I can’t check.

I am still on RX7 but will upgrade to 9 when I can afford it. I like the neutron eq a lot, but don’t use much else in neutron, and I love ozone for quick mastering when sending reference mixes.

• edited February 2022

@mrufino1 said:

@maxwellhouser said:

@jonmoore said:

@128BPM said:

Dead on.

My understanding is that the exponential reverbs are no longer going to be updated, hence the low price. I think I read that they incorporated the exponential code into the neoverb, but I don’t have that one so I can’t check.

I am still on RX7 but will upgrade to 9 when I can afford it. I like the neutron eq a lot, but don’t use much else in neutron, and I love ozone for quick mastering when sending reference mixes.

Oh wow I just was looking thru Sweetwater sales and I saw it’s $149 to crossgrade to RX9 standard from any paid izotope product. Wasn’t really in my budget but I just trialed the demo. Been wanting to try the Music Rebalance feature and wow. IT WORKS WELL 😊 gonna grab it. Too good of a deal.

Edit: Didn’t understand the $200 deal which includes RX stnd, Ozone stnd, Vocalsynth2, Neutron 3 stnd, Nectar 3 Plus, Neoverb. If it was posted before I totally thought it was another “Elements” bundle. Yeah getting all that. I wanted to try vocalsynth too, seems cool.

• This is a good ssl type buss comp that is easy on cpu, well worth it if someone doesn’t have it.

• edited February 2022

Now there is a synth I really regret purchasing. I hate the sound, the UI, basically everything about it.

I should add, just in case the developer reads this, I've purchased many Audio Damage apps and use them regularly, but Phosphor is not one of those.

• I wonder how different it is to the version that is currently free?

• @gusgranite said:

I wonder how different it is to the version that is currently free?

It’s the same engine, so it sounds the same to me and has similar controls, but they aren’t kidding about the legacy thing. Little fuzzy window and little fussy controls.

• edited February 2022

@aaronpc said:

@gusgranite said:

I wonder how different it is to the version that is currently free?

It’s the same engine, so it sounds the same to me and has similar controls, but they aren’t kidding about the legacy thing. Little fuzzy window and little fussy controls.

Of all the Apple-related nostalgic recreations, the one that should never have happened was a remake of the alphaSyntauri.

The horror!

• @jonmoore said:

@128BPM said:

RX 9 is essential. The rest of the range I'd (subjectively) classify as workmanlike. Not best in class but not rubbish either.

Ok , thanks - I know it is excellent / essential as a repair tool, but is at also essential for “normal” mastering of well mixed music? Compared to some of the other brands you mention.

• edited February 2022

@128BPM said:

@jonmoore said:

@128BPM said:

RX 9 is essential. The rest of the range I'd (subjectively) classify as workmanlike. Not best in class but not rubbish either.

Ok , thanks - I know it is excellent / essential as a repair tool, but is at also essential for “normal” mastering of well mixed music? Compared to some of the other brands you mention.

Whilst you can master directly from your DAW with the plugins we've been discussing, there's a significant advantage to taking your pre-masters into an old-school audio editing package. The two that are most commonly used are Sound Forge and Wavelab. For many years I was a Sound Forge loyalist, but Steinberg has been putting a lot of effort into Wavelab in recent releases, and it's probably the more advanced of the two these days. However, Sound Forge has a more intuitive UX.

I'd suggest you download both the demos (and the PDF documentation), and see which one gel's the most. And take your time, you need to work with a number of projects to uncover the likes and irks of each.

BTW, RX9 comes in dead handy for preparing pre-masters. It's so much more than a clean-up act. Many of its DAW plugins (that come with the suite, and that can also be loaded into Sound Forge and Wavelab) are great for processing loops and suchlike. You can use them creatively as well as surgically.

https://support.izotope.com/hc/en-us/articles/4408872837395-RX-9-Help-Documentation

• Thanks - again🤗
    Really appreciate it

I Will study everything you’ve mentioned. Big decisions.

• Izotope make good plugins as said above but the relentless update train puts me off. More and more, I am appreciating plugin developers like Melda Productions, Acustica Audio, and Voxengo where you buy the plugin and receive updates for all future versions as well. It’s not just the cost. It’s the non-stop marketing and feeling of ‘missing out’ that you avoid.

• @gusgranite said:
    Izotope make good plugins as said above but the relentless update train puts me off. More and more, I am appreciating plugin developers like Melda Productions, Acustica Audio, and Voxengo where you buy the plugin and receive updates for all future versions as well. It’s not just the cost. It’s the non-stop marketing and feeling of ‘missing out’ that you avoid.

60% off Melda Productions:

https://www.pluginboutique.com/deals/show?sale_id=9633

• edited February 2022

@gusgranite said:
    Izotope make good plugins as said above but the relentless update train puts me off. More and more, I am appreciating plugin developers like Melda Productions, Acustica Audio, and Voxengo where you buy the plugin and receive updates for all future versions as well. It’s not just the cost. It’s the non-stop marketing and feeling of ‘missing out’ that you avoid.

1000% agree, which is why I’m still on RX7. Next time acon digital has a sale, I’m going to check out their tools to see if they can replace rx9. Izotope pushes all of their stuff out really cheaply with really frequent updates, but rx9 advanced remains their best product and is priced way out of whack with everything else. It is amazing though. Acon digital looks like their full suite covers almost all of it, except the wow and flutter modules. I did use those for a restoration project I had and they worked wonders.

And izotope’s subscription is WAY out of line for what you get- the $25 per month includes only rx9 standard.

Luckily, the tools do work really well for their intended purpose, but their marketing and pricing are really all over the map. Waves seems to have led this charge to the bottom with once in a lifetime deals that happen every day, and izotope and plug-in alliance joined right in. The constant barrage of emails from them is pretty annoying. The recent offer of $499 to upgrade to everything izotope makes and claiming it was $10,000 worth of software, or whatever number they made up, was very silly. And you know as soon as you buy it another product will come out and it will be $499 to upgrade again…meanwhile breaktweaker, trash, iris, r2 verb, etc are $10.

• @128BPM said:

I have an eye on this one:
    https://www.toneprojects.com/unisum-mastering-compressor.html

Seems like a next level plugin…

Unisum is brilliant, I'm glad I have it

• These Valentines Day deals crack me up. There is absolutely nothing romantic about plugins lol

• @gusgranite said:
    These Valentines Day deals crack me up. There is absolutely nothing romantic about plugins lol

They might make up for the lack of it though 😄

• @gusgranite said:
    These Valentines Day deals crack me up. There is absolutely nothing romantic about plugins lol

Well, you can kiss your money goodbye, so there is that.

• @cabo said:

@128BPM said:

I have an eye on this one:
    https://www.toneprojects.com/unisum-mastering-compressor.html

Seems like a next level plugin…

Unisum is brilliant, I'm glad I have it

Good to hear. And the Unisum Price seems fair.

I also prefer to support smaller
    1-person companies, I’m really put off Izotopes aggressive marketing and never ending upgrades.

• @rs2000 said:

@gusgranite said:

Perfect. 👏🏻

I don't think we have explored all the inappropriate, or downright silly, sales occasions by the way. I fully expect a Day of the Dead plugin promo at some point on the way to peak capitalism.

• @gusgranite said:

Yeah, the wife wasn’t impressed when I offered her 50% of a Kelvgrand plug-in.

• @ervin said:

@rs2000 said:

@gusgranite said:

Perfect. 👏🏻

I don't think we have explored all the inappropriate, or downright silly, sales occasions by the way. I fully expect a Day of the Dead plugin promo at some point on the way to peak capitalism.

I’m pretty sure that falls within the Hallowthanksmasevebowl season, should be a no-brainer.

• @ervin said:

@rs2000 said:

@gusgranite said:

Perfect. 👏🏻

😅👍🏼

• @Sawiton said:

@gusgranite said:

Probably because you proposed brusfri…

• @mrufino1 said:

@Sawiton said:

@gusgranite said:

Probably because you proposed brusfri…

LOL