Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AUM Issues

Hello,
I have started using AUM to play live at church. I have the Raven piano app loaded and some pads using an Ipad Pro with the M1 and a Scarlett Solo as the interface. I had an issue while I was playing live. I had the AUM app playing in the background and had the Setlist app for my playing list and about 30 min or so into the set the app stopped working. When I switched back into the app about 15 seconds later it started working again. Is this a know issue where it's not able to play in the background.? Any recommendations would be greatly apricated.

Comments

• in Face ID & Passcode, do you have USB Accessories enabled?

• I don't think there's a problem with AUM, but check the other apps for a "Background Audio" setting. You need to enable this for your use pattern. Just be sure to force-quit the apps when you're done.

• @ocelot said:
    in Face ID & Passcode, do you have USB Accessories enabled?

I just checked and it was not enabled. - I just changed it. Lets see if that makes the difference. Thanks.

• @uncledave said:
    I don't think there's a problem with AUM, but check the other apps for a "Background Audio" setting. You need to enable this for your use pattern. Just be sure to force-quit the apps when you're done.

Both apps have the background turned on and they were forced quit afterwards. Thanks for your input.

• wimwim
    edited June 2021

Some apps go to sleep after some time to prevent killing someone's battery if they forget to close the app even with background audio enabled. I don't think AUM does this though, so it could be iOS managing memory or power or something. You probably want to be sure to bring AUM and Setlist to the foreground every once in awhile if it keeps happening. I assume you're powering the iPad, and not running off of battery. But if not, be sure to power it as well.

Oh! and make sure you're in airplane mode as well if possible. I think sometimes notifications may disrupt audio apps in the background.

Starting your performance session with a fresh reboot is good practice as well.

• @wim said:
    Some apps go to sleep after some time to prevent killing someone's battery if they forget to close the app even with background audio enabled. I don't think AUM does this though, so it could be iOS managing memory or power or something. You probably want to be sure to bring AUM and Setlist to the foreground every once in awhile if it keeps happening. I assume you're powering the iPad, and not running off of battery. But if not, be sure to power it as well.

Oh! and make sure you're in airplane mode as well if possible. I think sometimes notifications may disrupt audio apps in the background.

Starting your performance session with a fresh reboot is good practice as well.

GREAT advise thanks - we are having practice today I'll try it.

• rudrud
    edited February 2022

Dear folks, what do I do when I’ve moved an instance of Gauss so high on the screen that I cannot reach the top bar to drag it back down and close it? It must be a simple answer but my searches on the forum have been fruitless so far…
    Edit - doh… sorted as soon as I posted this…

• @rud said:
    Dear folks, what do I do when I’ve moved an instance of Gauss so high on the screen that I cannot reach the top bar to drag it back down and close it? It must be a simple answer but my searches on the forum have been fruitless so far…
    Edit - doh… sorted as soon as I posted this…

I do wish that there was a way of resizing to the one you set it to. Sometimes I just want and need a tiny window to go back and forward to.