Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

2022 Desktop Plugin Samples Deals

Comments

• Is there a direct Pluginboutique link?

• @jonmoore said:
    If you own Softube Modular, they have a special 48 hrs only deal on both of their Buchla modules. Details are in the image below. All the other modules for Modular are also on sale, so it's worth checking out if any float your boat.

Both the Buchla modules are very special and there's little else out there with a similar feature set (outside of VCV Rack).

https://www.softube.com/products (filter for Modular)

Jon - have you tried the Hora Spectral Processor in VCV? It’s a premium so I haven’t tried it yet https://library.vcvrack.com/Hora-Processors/SpectralProcessor - not expensive though and I love the Hora drums.

• @gusgranite said:

@jonmoore said:
    If you own Softube Modular, they have a special 48 hrs only deal on both of their Buchla modules. Details are in the image below. All the other modules for Modular are also on sale, so it's worth checking out if any float your boat.

Both the Buchla modules are very special and there's little else out there with a similar feature set (outside of VCV Rack).

Jon - have you tried the Hora Spectral Processor in VCV? It’s a premium so I haven’t tried it yet https://library.vcvrack.com/Hora-Processors/SpectralProcessor - not expensive though and I love the Hora drums.

It is what it is, a copy that doesn't quite match the results of the original Bulchla version. It's comes reasonably close but the Buchla original is a like for like facsimile of the original hardware. Todd Barton created a playlist of possible use cases on the Softube YT. Be sure to click through to YT as the AB forum only embeds the first video of the playlist. Considering the Softube Buchla is down from $149 to $49 it's definitely worth looking at if you already own Softube Modular.

Todd Barton YT Playlist

• MSXII has the Lofi Jazz Guitar Sample Pack at $34 off down to $.99

https://www.msxaudio.com/products/lofi-jazz-guitar

They have a few other packs at approximately 20%-50% as well…

• edited February 2022

Pips is a newer app that is still free but will be $1.99. It’s this tone generator with time zones sorta thing. So yea, free.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/pips/id1603871264

Edit oops wrong thread. Lol.

• @jonmoore said:

@gusgranite said:

@jonmoore said:

It is what it is, a copy that doesn't quite match the results of the original Bulchla version. It's comes reasonably close but the Buchla original is a like for like facsimile of the original hardware. Todd Barton created a playlist of possible use cases on the Softube YT. Be sure to click through to YT as the AB forum only embeds the first video of the playlist. Considering the Softube Buchla is down from $149 to $49 it's definitely worth looking at if you already own Softube Modular.

Todd Barton YT Playlist

Good stuff. I’m going to stick with VCV and Voltage Modular which should keep me going. Will watch the videos for ideas though.

• @Poppadocrock said:
    Pips is a newer app that is still free but will be $1.99. It’s this tone generator with time zones sorta thing. So yea, free.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/pips/id1603871264

Edit oops wrong thread. Lol.

Available for Mac so you're forgiven...😉

• @jonmoore said:

@gusgranite said:

@jonmoore said:

Todd Barton YT Playlist

Oh wow I just checked the first video, I want the 296e as an effect for processing audio. I just got the demo and made the spectral morphing patch he did in the YouTube on some random loops. Holy crap. About to try the spectral panning he did. I’m afraid to watch the other videos about the 259e I don’t want to get lost in modular but we’ll see. Looks like this sale goes thru the weekend right?

• @maxwellhouser said:

@jonmoore said:

@gusgranite said:

@jonmoore said:

Todd Barton YT Playlist

Oh wow I just checked the first video, I want the 296e as an effect for processing audio. I just got the demo and made the spectral morphing patch he did in the YouTube on some random loops. Holy crap. About to try the spectral panning he did. I’m afraid to watch the other videos about the 259e I don’t want to get lost in modular but we’ll see. Looks like this sale goes thru the weekend right?

I believe today is the last day.

• @jonmoore said:

@maxwellhouser said:

@jonmoore said:

@gusgranite said:

@jonmoore said:

Todd Barton YT Playlist

It’s still on the site, the wording is strange there... I have made the most insane noises with this thing tho(296e) so I’ll grab it now to be safe. Thanks for posting this B)

• @maxwellhouser said:

@jonmoore said:

@maxwellhouser said:

@jonmoore said:

@gusgranite said:

@jonmoore said:

Todd Barton YT Playlist

It’s still on the site, the wording is strange there... I have made the most insane noises with this thing tho(296e) so I’ll grab it now to be safe. Thanks for posting this B)

Not that I'm attempting to make you spend even more. Have you demo'd the 259e? There's no other oscillator that comes close to the harmonically rich timbres that come out of this thing. The reason it's so different is the way it modulates its internal FM and wave folding capabilities. Plus it's an aliasing oscillator by design. It's these things that make it such a perfect partner to the 296e.

The Soundcloud playlist on the official Softube website is the best place to hear the 259e in action. But don't worry if you don't want to spend the money now, Softube discounts their Modular range on a regular basis. And whilst the heavy discount on the 296e is unusual the 259e usually gets a 40-50% discount, so you should be able to pick it up for close to $49 another time.

https://www.softube.com/buchla259e

• edited February 2022

bought :smiley:

thx, this thread is gold

and I've also got myself four of these brilliant Falcon expansions (Spectre, Atmospherics, Inner Dimensions & Hypnotic Dive), buying at AudioDeluxe made them even a bit cheaper again ~ happy (off to play)

• edited February 2022

IK Multimedia has the x-drive pedal as a free download, just go to their site (which is getting hammered right now).

That’s the one x pedal I didn’t get in the group buy so I’m looking forward to getting that one later.

• Gassing the Arturia Easel after playing with the demo the last couple of days, you can get similar results with VCV and mirack to some extent, but there’s something really nice about the feature package - a great set of limited choices each implemented really neatly and tied together perfectly. It would actually be a perfect standalone iPad app to be fair, tactile and self contained…

• @mrufino1 said:
    IK Multimedia has the x-drive pedal as a free download, just go to their site (which is getting hammered right now).

That’s the one x pedal I didn’t get in the group buy so I’m looking forward to getting that one later.

Good thing that was one I chose for free earlier.

• @Krupa said:
    Gassing the Arturia Easel after playing with the demo the last couple of days, you can get similar results with VCV and mirack to some extent, but there’s something really nice about the feature package - a great set of limited choices each implemented really neatly and tied together perfectly. It would actually be a perfect standalone iPad app to be fair, tactile and self contained…

I think it's one of Arturia's best emulations. It really captures the essence of the Buchla Easel. And it comes alive when played with an MPE input device.

It's a bit of a CPU hog but who cares when it sounds so damn fine. Well worth the €74 if you don't own the V Collection.

• @jonmoore said:

@Krupa said:
    Gassing the Arturia Easel after playing with the demo the last couple of days, you can get similar results with VCV and mirack to some extent, but there’s something really nice about the feature package - a great set of limited choices each implemented really neatly and tied together perfectly. It would actually be a perfect standalone iPad app to be fair, tactile and self contained…

I think it's one of Arturia's best emulations. It really captures the essence of the Buchla Easel. And it comes alive when played with an MPE input device.

It's a bit of a CPU hog but who cares when it sounds so damn fine. Well worth the €74 if you don't own the V Collection.

It really invites you just to dive in and play, and, as you say, the sound is exquisite.

• @mrufino1 said:

Thanks!

• @mrufino1 said:

Thanks for that! Am I the only one who has trouble authorising new products in Amplitube? I followed the steps found online for this and clicked re-authorise in IK Multimedia Manager and X-Drive still shows as not purchased. I went through the same thing with previous X-Drive purchases and for the life of me can't remember how I jagged it to work!?

• @Cambler said:

@mrufino1 said:

Thanks for that! Am I the only one who has trouble authorising new products in Amplitube? I followed the steps found online for this and clicked re-authorise in IK Multimedia Manager and X-Drive still shows as not purchased. I went through the same thing with previous X-Drive purchases and for the life of me can't remember how I jagged it to work!?

Did you do the bit where you opened the products page in your account and clicked redeemed on the popup? IK really do make you work for the goodies.

• @aaronpc said:

@Cambler said:

@mrufino1 said:

Did you do the bit where you opened the products page in your account and clicked redeemed on the popup? IK really do make you work for the goodies.

Aha! Thanks so much for this. I thought I could bypass the website entirely but I was wrong. All working beautifully now :)

• @Cambler said:

@aaronpc said:

@Cambler said:

@mrufino1 said:

Aha! Thanks so much for this. I thought I could bypass the website entirely but I was wrong. All working beautifully now :)

It’s fun! Like a scavenger hunt.

• Wow with my loyalty credit I got RC-20 for 15€, that has to be the best deal ever.

• edited February 2022

Does RC-20 give a different enough sound palette to, say, mixbox to make it a worthwhile addition?

• @klownshed said:
    Does RC-20 give a different enough sound palette to, say, mixbox to make it a worthwhile addition?

Yes

• @klownshed said:

Definitely