Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Pteranodon

edited January 2022 in Creations

Pteranodon lived 100,000,000 years ago with a wingspan of 7 meters.

Module American D, Ravenscroft275, BeatHawk Total Bass, SWAM Flugelhorn, Euphonium, Bb French Horn, Tenor Sax, and JazzDrummer.

Comments

• McDMcD
    edited January 2022

I cannot see that comical head and not think of Pee Wee Herman's Playhouse and Pteri. I haven't listened to the music yet.

https://forum.audiob.us/uploads/editor/tc/ba188muvr6gl.png

• edited January 2022

Although thought to be extinct for millions of years, a mated pair was recently sighted at Jim Morrison's ranch in Idaho.
    They have developed the ability to mimic human speech.
    One was heard to say "Thank you... thank you very much".

Seriously, I can hear Snarky Puppy doing something like this.
    Great improv!

BTW - What's a Rench Hoen?

I thought so!

• @Paulieworld … you’re throwing a rench into the works here. 😉 Snarky Puppy sounds good to me. Thanks for commenting!

• Typos! I figured that was the case, but I couldn't resist. I do it all the time. Sometimes they can get you in trouble. One aspect of my job is to submit bids for large-scale print projects. Many times the customer will supply their own trucking company in which case I indicate "FOB my dock" on the bid. As you know, O is right next to I, and I accidentally typed "FOB my dick"... to a female buyer! Fortunately, I have known her for years, and she has a great sense of humor. She wrote back, "I hope your dock is big enough".

• @Paulieworld, if it’s not the typos it’s the spell correct. Add in that cursive writing is a thing of the past and you gt a furniture that sownds lk phis. 😎🙏

• Another great track! You’ve been a roll lately!

If you don’t mind me asking, what would you say Beathawk offers over other grooveboxes? I have all the other big ones outside of this and Werkbench and can’t decide if either would offer anything I don’t have now. Beathawk does seem to have some quality samples.

• Thanks for listening @HotStrange. Not sure if it’s a roll or a careen, however. 😉😎🙏

I don’t go the groove box route, but, for me, BeatHawk’s draw is the acoustic sounds. Particularly Mallets, Total Bass, Strings, Choirs, Harpsicord and Acoustic Guitar (Baroque Pack) and Classic Percussion. The Acoustic Piano is decent, too.

• @LinearLineman said:
    Thanks for listening @HotStrange. Not sure if it’s a roll or a careen, however. 😉😎🙏

I don’t go the groove box route, but, for me, BeatHawk’s draw is the acoustic sounds. Particularly Mallets, Total Bass, Strings, Choirs, Harpsicord and Acoustic Guitar (Baroque Pack) and Classic Percussion. The Acoustic Piano is decent, too.

That definitely seems to be the big selling point. Would you say that would be a better buy over Ravenscroft or Pure Piano? I have module, Keys of the 70s, Thumbjam, etc. But I’m really wanting a super high quality piano sound. The ones on the 707 just don’t do it for me.

• If I could have only one @HotStrange it would be Ravenscroft.

• @LinearLineman said:
    If I could have only one @HotStrange it would be Ravenscroft.

Thanks for being patient with all my questions and being so helpful as well. I think for now I will wait until they go on sale and just get both. In the meantime I think Module, Thumbjam, Keys of the 70s, Taqsim, etc will hold me over.

• This one truly soars. It reminds me of a time when I would visit an old friend of mine and he would play me deep cuts from Frank Zappa. Of course Bill and I are both old fossils now so I suppose that's in keeping with your title as well. Appreciate you taking me back there.

• @MadeofWax, thanks very much. Yes, the fossilization continues apace, but the strata are rich diggings.

• Wonderful piece, Mike! What a perfectly jazzy sound.

When I saw the title, another Pteranodon track sprung to mind from my favourite band. I’ll stick it here just in case you’re curious.

• Damn @Spidericemidas, I thought, for sure, no one has used the old lizard for a title. I’ll have to try archaeopteryx some time. Thx for enlightening me, bro.

• So fine, regards frenq!

• Regards to you @Frenq . Thanks for the listen!