Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

KORG iM1 pros and cons

Comments

• @Kashi said:
    P.S - I have bought all the M1 IAPs, because I love the sounds so much :)
    Just find the app really awkward to use

Any synth from that era was (and still is) awkward to use... you just had to get used to it ;)
    (just take your time and things will reveal) o:)

• @R_2 said:

In the preset browser you need to tap on a preset name twice, otherwise it’ll go back to the previously selected preset once you go to another page.
    iM1 is a bit illogical in this regard. They did a better job with iWavestation.

Ok, so I'm not just imagining things! Phew. Thanks @R_2

And thanks @Telefunky for your reply - appreciate all the help folks

• Thank you @anickt for your tutorial! Above and beyond help there.

• @Kashi said:

@R_2 said:

In the preset browser you need to tap on a preset name twice, otherwise it’ll go back to the previously selected preset once you go to another page.
    iM1 is a bit illogical in this regard. They did a better job with iWavestation.

Ok, so I'm not just imagining things! Phew. Thanks @R_2

And thanks @Telefunky for your reply - appreciate all the help folks

Tapping once in the preset browser gives you a preview. Tapping twice makes the selected preset active. It actually makes sense since it avoids changing the currently active preset until you confirm.

• @kinkujin said:
    Thank you @anickt for your tutorial! Above and beyond help there.

No prob! B)

• Another M1 question: I’ve bought all the available additional packs, so why are they often greyed out when I try to access the sounds?

• edited January 2022

@Kashi Have you tried using “Restore Purchases” in the IM1 “Store”?

• Thanks @toneman88 that has worked.

Come to think of it, I’ve solved this same issue on the M1 by “restoring purchases” in the past .

Kind of a pain in the ass if I need to keep doing it. Anyone know why it’s happening? A bug?

• @Kashi said:
    Thanks @toneman88 that has worked.

Come to think of it, I’ve solved this same issue on the M1 by “restoring purchases” in the past .

Kind of a pain in the ass if I need to keep doing it. Anyone know why it’s happening? A bug?

Never had to restore purchases unless app was deleted and re-installed.

• It happened to me after upgrading my iPad. 🤦🏼‍♂️

• wimwim
    edited January 2022

This might happen if the app was "offloaded" during an upgrade to free up enough space. Offloading apps doesn't lose any data such as presets, but it does sometimes make you restore purchases.

@Kashi - you shouldn't have to keep doing it. If it comes back then there's something wrong. If so the first thing I'd check is that "Offload Apps to Save Space" isn't enabled under iOS Settings > General > Device Storage

• R_2R_2
    edited January 2022

@Kashi said:
    Another M1 question: I’ve bought all the available additional packs, so why are they often greyed out when I try to access the sounds?

There’s nothing wrong. You’ve hit the “MULTI SOUND” button to select a sample from the samples browser (not the presets). Some cards don’t have multi-samples and are therefore greyed out.

• Thanks @R_2 - you're right! Apologies for late response

• I still think iM1 is the least intuitive synth to navigate...

• Does the im1 have a midi learn function? Don’t own it yet, but ideally I’d like to map some Electribe 2 knobs (fixed CCs) to various part parameters...read the manual but couldn’t find any info

Cheers

• @drewinnit said:
    Does the im1 have a midi learn function? Don’t own it yet, but ideally I’d like to map some Electribe 2 knobs (fixed CCs) to various part parameters...read the manual but couldn’t find any info

Cheers

I’m not 100% sure. I know you can easily use it with midi within Gadget with something like the NanoKey. If no one else responds I can check when I get off work.

• Thanks @HotStrange

I don’t own Gadget, but if that’s the only way to get midi learn for im1 I’d consider it as an option

• @drewinnit said:
    Thanks @HotStrange

I don’t own Gadget, but if that’s the only way to get midi learn for im1 I’d consider it as an option

Gadget doesn’t have midi learn as far as I know.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @espiegel123 said:

@drewinnit said:
    Thanks @HotStrange

If you hit the function knob on the synth page it opens up the midi mapping/learn menu. Jakob Haq did a video on it a while back as well.

• @drewinnit said:
    Thanks @HotStrange

Can’t see any options for midi learn within the app itself, just the ability to map key zones. You can freely assign midi within gadget though. And the NanoKey Studio is premapped with all Korg/Gadget synths.

• @ehehehe said:
    Pros: Playing it is like rabbitholing 80s hits, almost comically cheesy sounds, one of the few gadgets that actually works with the MEH reverb (or did im1 have it's own? long time, not currently installed
    THE purchase in all of Gadget if you want most historic sounds
    Cons: It's super cheesy and has limited tweakability being a old rompler
    Not AU (email and beg Korg like me, thanks)

Dig this thread format, it reminds me of my favourite part of loopops vids.

I’ve always thought M1 had a really good amount of tweakability. For a ROMpler especially. You have access to all the OSC and multiple filters and EGs. Plus pretty deep effect routing.

• edited May 2023

@HotStrange said:

@espiegel123 said:

@drewinnit said:
    Thanks @HotStrange

If you hit the function knob on the synth page it opens up the midi mapping/learn menu. Jakob Haq did a video on it a while back as well.

EDIT: As far as I can tell that is a reference page that shows the midi mapping. I am unable to change the mapping . Can you?

See downthread for link to the video showing how to set up MIDI Learn in Gadget. It's easy.

• Thanks for the info @HotStrange , I think it’s a bit convoluted by the time I feed an IAA into Gadget and then connect with hardware. Appreciate you looking into it for me though :)

• @espiegel123 said:

@HotStrange said:

@espiegel123 said:

@drewinnit said:
    Thanks @HotStrange

As far as I can tell that is a reference page that shows the midi mapping. I am unable to change the mapping . Can you?

Per the Gadget manual: MIDI control change numbers (MIDI CC#) can be assigned to the knobs, sliders and switches of each gadget. The gadgets can then be controlled by the external MIDI controller connected to the iPad.

As mentioned Jakob also made a video on this. I haven’t tried it personally but I know a big thing with the Nanokey Korg released was also being able to map midi parameters to its knobs.

• @drewinnit said:
    Thanks for the info @HotStrange , I think it’s a bit convoluted by the time I feed an IAA into Gadget and then connect with hardware. Appreciate you looking into it for me though :)

Sure thing!

• @HotStrange said:

@espiegel123 said:

@HotStrange said:

@espiegel123 said:

@drewinnit said:
    Thanks @HotStrange

As far as I can tell that is a reference page that shows the midi mapping. I am unable to change the mapping . Can you?

Per the Gadget manual: MIDI control change numbers (MIDI CC#) can be assigned to the knobs, sliders and switches of each gadget. The gadgets can then be controlled by the external MIDI controller connected to the iPad.

As mentioned Jakob also made a video on this. I haven’t tried it personally but I know a big thing with the Nanokey Korg released was also being able to map midi parameters to its knobs.

@HotStrange: Thanks. I watched the Haq video and realized that it didn't work me because I had set up the MIDI channels wrong.

@drewinnit : MIDI Mapping the IMI does work in Gadget. I was mistaken. Here is the short video showing how to set it up:

• @espiegel123 said:

@HotStrange said:

@espiegel123 said:

@HotStrange said:

@espiegel123 said:

@drewinnit said:
    Thanks @HotStrange

@HotStrange: Thanks. I watched the Haq video and realized that it didn't work me because I had set up the MIDI channels wrong.

@drewinnit : MIDI Mapping the IMI does work in Gadget. I was mistaken. Here is the short video showing how to set it up:

No problem! I don’t have the Nanokey studio but would like it at some point just for Gadget. If I see one pop up used for under $80 I’ll probably grab one.

• thanks @espiegel123 ! I think for this use case, I'll try something else, but that video has me interested in Gadget :smile:

• @HotStrange said:
    I haven’t tried it personally but I know a big thing with the Nanokey Korg released was also being able to map midi parameters to its knobs.

Yeah, got a nanoKey Studio and the knobs etc are pre-assigned to Gadget.
    But any controller (or another app) can be set up through the function menu.
    I mostly use Gadget standalone, too lazy to get out the nanoKey :)