Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Advice for upgrade from Air2 to new Pro 11” usb hub

edited January 2022 in Support and Feedback

My beloved Air2 died, 10 years of loyal service, r.I.p. ,
A new 11” Pro mk3 replaces it, but what do I need to connect everything back up to my hub with the iPad charging?
Hub has a usb A connector (standard usb) to the host, so usb-c to usb-A (powered) hub.
Is there a cck3 for usb-c or is that now irrelevant ? Or do I need to replace all my connections ?
Thanks

Comments

• Sad to hear your Air 2 pass away...

Most likely you already have a Powered USB Hub that you connected to your iPad Air 2 using the CCK3?

So what you would need now is a 'dongle' that has a USB-A port (for the hub) and a USB-C PD port to power the iPad.
    There's the Apple one with a USB-C, HDMI and USB-A which should cover most bases....

There's quite a few dongles with USB-A ports with a PD port to charge the iPad...
    ...easiest way is to google for USB-C PD HUB and preferably pick one that does NOT have a 3.5mm jack to avoid conflicts with connected audio-interfaces since iPadOS doesn't have a proper control panel for selecting which device to use...

Sooner or later I'll be in the same boat...

• I’ve followed a few threads recently regarding an upgrade path,
    but I was forced to jump after a recent gfx failure on the Air2.
    After 10 very enjoyable years using the Air2, a couple of releases over the last few months,
    convinced me that an upgrade was required, and as it turned out, earlier than expected.
    So here I am , new iPad Pro 11” 2021, and my gear with a usb A standard connector into the hub.
    Is there a cck3 equivalent for usb-c ?
    Thanks

• @gsm909 said:

>

Thanks

Yes, the $69 Apple USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter...

• edited January 2022

@Samu said:

@gsm909 said:

>

Thanks

This works the same as the cck3?, I can connect usb-c from this to usb-A on my old powered hub, and supply power to the usb-c pd connector on this to charge the iPad ?

• I would’ve preferred to hang on for the supposed upgrades to this years 11” pro with the mini led display like the 2021 12.9”, but some failure in the gfx or display forced my hand early.
    Hopefully this monster will survive 10 years or more, like its predecessor

• @gsm909 said:

This works the same as the cck3?, I can connect usb-c from this to usb-A on my old powered hub, and supply power to the usb-c pd connector on this to charge the iPad ?

Yes, you can use the USB-A port to connect your hub and the plug iPad charger into the USB-C port to charge it.

Currently I 'cheat' a bit with charging as I charge the iPad Air 2 using one of the ports (USB A -> CCK3 Lightning port) on the powered hub connected to the CCK3.

This will not with a USB-C based iPads as USB-A ports do note support USB-PD.

So in practice it works just like the old CCK3...

• @gsm909 said:

@Samu said:

@gsm909 said:

>

Thanks

Yes. It's basically the equivalent of the two Lightning adapters, the USB 3 Camera Adapter and the Digital A/V Adapter, in one module. You'll use the USB-A port on the adapter to connect your old powered hub. Note that the USB-C port on the adapter is power only, just like the Lightning input on the old CCK.

• Super info. Ordered

• You don’t need that, and its rather expensive IMO.
    Here’s what i do. I use a USB-C powered hub that has power pass through. Power goes to the hub, which powers the iPad and devices attached to it at the same time.
    This is the one i use, but there are plenty of others
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07ZK8V5J2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• @dave_bass5 said:
    You don’t need that, and its rather expensive IMO.
    Here’s what i do. I use a USB-C powered hub that has power pass through. Power goes to the hub, which powers the iPad and devices attached to it at the same time.
    This is the one i use, but there are plenty of others
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07ZK8V5J2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

My system is already setup, a genuine Apple connector is all I’m really looking for.
    What I already have works with genuine Apple plugs. And it’s ordered 😁
    Thanks