Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Song Of The Month Club - January 2022

2»

Comments

• Oh crap yeah the second song should not be there. That’s a tune I have been practicing. Thank for the kind words guys. Sorry you had to hear me practice guitar I’ll edit that stuff out from now on🤣

• @richardyot

This piece drew me in from the get-go. Absolutely amazing guitar; so melancholic and yet so relaxing at the same time. The chorus with the lovely harmonising is really nice as well. And that solo; oh yes, please! Only thing I'd nit-pick about is the ending. Top-notch job! I really enjoyed listening to this.

• @DavidEnglish said:
    This is an older improvised piece from the late 1990s. I was using Yamaha EX5, Korg Triton Pro, Yamaha FS1R, and Kawai K5000S synthesizers. And they were connected to a Lexicon PCM 80 for the reverb effect.

This is really good improvisation. I can imagine you were surrounded by all these nice synths and just soaring through clear skies, each synth taking taking you do a different place. Which one was distorted guitar? Nice dialog it had with the piano. I really enjoyed it much. Thanks for sharing.

• @martinsa82 said:
    Hello! Im new in this section of the forum. I have been making music (in my spare time) on my iPad and laptop in the sofa in front of the TV for 2 years now. I have never released anything and no-one have yet heard what Ive been doing. So I was in a flow in December and decided to finish the three songs I made and publish them, mostly to have a goal to release the music, because I make a lot of songs in a year and never finnish them, I know very few wants to listen to it, but its fun to release it anyway. They have not appeared on soundcloud yet.

Well the song I choose for this month is a track called A. Track number one on the "EP".

Welcome to the SOTM! Great to have you here. Your track sent me off wandering in my mind to different places. I think that's what you set out to achieve as well. Very nice. What is your process? What did you use on this track? Thank you for sharing! :smile:

• @Overdosed_Ape
    So…this is my installation this month…I think it’s the First time I was able to realize the Idea of abstract ambient music like the term is associated in my mind. Sadly it was a live recording where maybe half of the performance is gone to the unlimited wides of the Holy Beat Hi Nu Man 🙊

Abstract ambient music! This is likely first time I'm listening to something like this outside of arthouse type film. Not sure what I was supposed to expect so I really don't have a reference to comment on. I'd be interested to learn how these abstractions are creation. :smile:

• Really fun, quirky track that felt like it could very well be leading to something more. Is it a parade or fare down the road? A train going by as well? Took me places! Thank you for sharing.

• @swfarrington said:
    I was quite busy with creating music last year although that seems to have shuddered to a complete halt. Hopefully I'll get something new together before long.

So here's one of mine from last year. Up until this point I'd never tried using samples, but WebSDR opened up a whole bucket load of ideas, especially when paired with auGenX. Mostly software synths on iPadOS although my hardware Model D was used for the sequenced lines. I created videos for all the tracks on the album using Lumafusion.

Si

https://youtube.com/watch?v=e1er9d4E8KQ

Nice! Classic synth sounds are just so amazing. I love the sounds on this one. Very inspiring melodies as well. Some really good arp sequences, too. Thanks for sharing.

• @Jmd8928 said:
    Here is my try at something different for me. I’m from a thrash metal background but have been recently turned on to jazz. Like Al di meloa, joe pass. Return to forever. I feel like a whole new world and way to play guitar have been shown to me. Those jazz guys are amazing musicians. But anyway this was made with cubasis, my les Paul, and swam double bass app. And also jazz drummer for drums.

Oh yeah I got a Fultone mdv3 univibe for Christmas 😀, it also makes an appearance near the end of the track.

https://soundcloud.app.goo.gl/aXr5doDX1c2hVyjQ9

Fantastic guitar work. Really impressive. The arrangement made it all very interesting. It was a joy to listen. Followed on SC. :smile:

• A little late submission. I didn't have new music as I have had a busy month of isolating with covid and was not feeling all that inspired.

This one is an older piece from about 9 months ago that I created when I installed a trial version of Logic at the time. Korg Gadget does make an appearance with the cellos.

• That was pretty cool. I dig the piano parts, very nice. I get a sad feeling from the piece but it’s a good sad feeling.

• @spyrogaia said:

@martinsa82 said:
    Hello! Im new in this section of the forum. I have been making music (in my spare time) on my iPad and laptop in the sofa in front of the TV for 2 years now. I have never released anything and no-one have yet heard what Ive been doing. So I was in a flow in December and decided to finish the three songs I made and publish them, mostly to have a goal to release the music, because I make a lot of songs in a year and never finnish them, I know very few wants to listen to it, but its fun to release it anyway. They have not appeared on soundcloud yet.

Well the song I choose for this month is a track called A. Track number one on the "EP".

Welcome to the SOTM! Great to have you here. Your track sent me off wandering in my mind to different places. I think that's what you set out to achieve as well. Very nice. What is your process? What did you use on this track? Thank you for sharing! :smile:

Thank you! i think SOTM is just what i need to get to the point of start finishing stuff.
    My process is diffrent track to track, but i often need some inspiration, in this case piano motifs, then I mangled it a bit in zenbeats and altered it, export midi in this case to desktop macbook pro, ableton live, (i go between ableton and bitwig) on ios i use zenbeats, and of course AUM, and now also loopy pro(great app). I work in clip view until i got enough stuff to make it a song, then i start aranging it. Some altered splice samples in there to, a piano vst, bass vst (ample sound). Mixing and mastering is hard i think but something I have to learn. Im influened by electronic music, jazz and prog rock 😁

• @spyrogaia said:
    A little late submission. I didn't have new music as I have had a busy month of isolating with covid and was not feeling all that inspired.

This one is an older piece from about 9 months ago that I created when I installed a trial version of Logic at the time. Korg Gadget does make an appearance with the cellos.

Really nice track. I've been listening to a lot of instrumental post-rock lately from the likes of Mono (the Japanese band, not the British one), Caspian, Godspeed You Black Emperor etc.. and this would fit right in with that genre. It's got the dynamics, the beautiful melodies, and the epic vibe.

The arrangement is very good, it keeps the flow moving and the track is interesting and engaging throughout. The piano melodies are excellent, and the drums really flow beautifully. The synths add a lot of atmosphere and all the sounds are well-crafted.

For me this is pretty much the best kind of instrumental music there is. I really like this, it's beautiful and cinematic.

• @spyrogaia said:
    A little late submission. I didn't have new music as I have had a busy month of isolating with covid and was not feeling all that inspired.

yes great piece! very cinematic like richardyot said above, the song moves foreward, I like the piano alot! great feeling to it

• @Jmd8928 said:
    Here is my try at something different for me. I’m from a thrash metal background but have been recently turned on to jazz. Like Al di meloa, joe pass. Return to forever. I feel like a whole new world and way to play guitar have been shown to me. Those jazz guys are amazing musicians. But anyway this was made with cubasis, my les Paul, and swam double bass app. And also jazz drummer for drums.

Oh yeah I got a Fultone mdv3 univibe for Christmas 😀, it also makes an appearance near the end of the track.

nice guitarplaying, the main riff makes the composition feel more like a song among all solo guitar stuff, great. I come from a trash metal background myself, nowdays its more jazz stuff for me to. Looking forward to hear more songs from you!

• @Overdosed_Ape said:
    @DavidEnglish I really like this Piano Composition…But if I have to criticize which is maybe not on a skill level or in the sense You r a kind of a master in such thinks I would suggest to do something on the overall tuning.

I sometimes slightly detune my synthesizers. Not sure if it works well, but I've been interested in combining synths with regular tunings with other synths that are slightly off those tunings. The goal is to set up slight harmonic tensions or overtones. I sometimes do the same thing with scales. Again, I'm not sure it adds anything to the music.

• @spyrogaia said:

@DavidEnglish said:
    This is an older improvised piece from the late 1990s. I was using Yamaha EX5, Korg Triton Pro, Yamaha FS1R, and Kawai K5000S synthesizers. And they were connected to a Lexicon PCM 80 for the reverb effect.

Which one was distorted guitar?

The piano sound was from the Yamaha EX5. I'm pretty sure the distorted guitar was from the Kawai K5000S. It used additive synthesis and could achieve some really gnarly rise-above-the-music sounds.

• @richardyot
    Once again, a very polished piece with great production values. The voices blend together especially well on this one. Love the almost-out-of-tune guitar solo at the end. Like the mourning wail of a restless spirit.

@studs1966
    Catchy song with impressively professional production values. This one could get almost anyone out on the dance floor.

@martinsa82
    An engaging song that cuts across musical categories – jazz, rock, soundscape, repetitive. Both calming and evolving. Laced throughout with gentle surprises.

@Overdosed_Ape
    This one really jumps at you right out of the gate. Feels like I’ve lost my way in an out-of-control carnival – a real-life Nightmare Alley. Interesting juxtaposition of dream-like carnival music with test-equipment-like electronics.

@Kitusai
    Fascinating mix of musical sounds and cultures. At times, it feels like a Balinese ritual transplanted onto a New Orleans funeral procession. At other times, it feels like a Steve Reich or Terry Reily concert that has suddenly gone out-of-sync. Very cool!

@swfarrington
    Intriguing song with a great retro feel. Reminds me of the early 1960s instrumental pieces by Joe Meek and the English band the Tornado, especially their tune Telstar. The sampled voices work really well, as does the accompanying visual footage. Well done!

@Jmd8928
    Strong jazz-blues guitar solo at the beginning. It then expands boldly to become a substantial rock-oriented piece. That’s some impressive guitar playing!

@spyrogaia
    Love the streamlined feel at the beginning and how it opens up both musically and instrumentally as the song develops. A very strong piece.

• @martinsa82 said:

@Jmd8928 said:

nice guitarplaying, the main riff makes the composition feel more like a song among all solo guitar stuff, great. I come from a trash metal background myself, nowdays its more jazz stuff for me to. Looking forward to hear more songs from you!

@martinsa82 said:

@Jmd8928 said:

@martinsa82 said:

@Jmd8928 said:

@martinsa82 said:

@Jmd8928 said:

@martinsa82 said:

@Jmd8928 said:

• @spyrogaia said:

A beautiful peaceful moment, thank you!

• Thanks everyone for the feedback. Thank you @richardyot for the kind words as well. And the suggestions of bands. I already listen to Godspeed.
    Not post but have you listened to Poseidon’s Creation by Eloy? A lot of their work in prog rock is just amazing.

• @DavidEnglish

You nailed it…it’s my reflection of the actually time spirit in dd-town

• @spyrogaia said:
    Not post but have you listened to Poseidon’s Creation by Eloy? A lot of their work in prog rock is just amazing.

No I've not heard that - I'll give it a listen, thanks!

I've really only just scratched the surface of the post-rock genre, there's a mountain of stuff out there.