Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cubasis and Blocs Wave and AudioBus

Hi everybody,
this is my first message here, hope it’s in the right place.
I’m starting to explore AudioBus world using Cubasis and BlocsWave on my Ipad 8 but I still haven’t understood well what’s the right procedure to follow: I generally open AB first then BW, as input app, and Cubasis, as output one but sometime I get no audio and I ca’t figure out why…
My goal would be to record from BW to Cubasis; in particular I would record loop random variations in BW as I didn’t find a way to save them into BW itself…
Hope I explained myself well enough.
Thank you for helping,
Arturo

Comments

• tjatja
    edited January 2022

You can host Blocs Wave directly as IAA in Cubasis:

So for this, you would not need AudioBus... but of course, this should also work with AudioBus and allow for better control. Maybe you can share your project or a screenshot?

I'm not sure about your workflow, but maybe this helps.

But when you just want to record what you did in Blocs Wave, you can export a section mix with the share button in the upper right corner of Blocs Wave.

• I jus tried it (in Cubasis 2) and it worked ok.

Make sure you have AudioBus and Blocs Wave selected under the "Routing" tab in Cubasis.

• Arturo has left the bank of spain 😅

• Thank you very much tja and Simon, I finally did it! 👍🏻
    I had forgotten to set the correct input routing (with audiobus, I mean) but I also hadn’t thought that it’s possible the IAA method…

I know about the export option and I did it both as a launchpad or a Live project but I guess if it’s possible to ‘resample’ the random variations created in edit loop mode (see attachment) into BW itself, without the need for an external app (I don’t think they are exported too) because they often are even more interesting than the original loop…

Sorry for my delay in answering but I didn’t receive a notification…

• @tja said:
    Arturo has left the bank of spain 😅

I’m afraid I don’t understand what you mean 🙄

• @arfo62 said:

@tja said:

Ah.

Just that you seemingly vanished 😅

• You can flatten the edits you make to a loop.

• edited January 2022

@tja said:

@arfo62 said:

@tja said:

Ah.

Just that you seemingly vanished 😅

I was on a mission 😎
    Or not? 🙄😆

• @CracklePot said:
    You can flatten the edits you make to a loop.

Thank you very much, CracklePot!