Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

NanoStudio 2 - Let’s Make Cinematic/Orchestral Music - Tutorial for the iPad

In this video, I start to make a Cinematic style project using mainly orchestral sounds and using only NanoStudios Obsidian Synth.
If you like the sounds I use there is a link in the description on the Youtube video to the Audiobus forum where there is a link to download the Orchestral sound pack for free.
I also used Eventide's blackhole reverb on some tracks too.
Hopefully, this will be the first part of a much longer piece of music that will have tempo changes and time signature changes throughout.
Both of those things are really easy to do in NanoStudio 2.
I love Nanostudio 2, it doesn't even really bother me that it doesn't have audio tracks yet, there are workarounds if you really need them.
It's the quality and speed of the workflow that makes it a joy to work with for me.
If I need to have audio I will just bounce the full mix or the stems and drop them in Cubasis, or whatever other DAW you like.
Plus, I honestly don't think it's ever crashed on me, it just does the job and works as it should.
I hope you enjoy the video.

Comments

• Wow!

This will be my delight today.
    Many many thanks!

• edited January 2022

Thank you!

(Doug is kind of single-handedly keeps this thing alive :))

Jokes aside though, with Wotja and Loopy Pro showing the way forward in sustainable pricing models on ios, I hoped we would hear from the NS dev, as in his last communication this seemed to come across as the biggest obstacle to further development.

• @tja @ervin Thanks guys for commenting 😊
    ervin, you just gave me another idea, I could do different tracks in NS and then mix the stems or the full mixes and import them directly into Loopy Pro for any audio, that would be very cool I think.
    We are really lucky on iOS that we do have so many different options.
    Very soon I’m going to doing another Loopy Pro video in which I will record some of my NI Kontakt instruments directly into Loopy, and built up a nice orchestral piece that way.
    Too many ideas, not enough time🤣

• What a wonderful piece of music Doug! 🙂 Another top-notch music production like always, and NS2 is still just as powerful as ever.

@ervin said:
    Thank you!

(Doug is kind of single-handedly keeps this thing alive :))

😂 Lol pretty much. I still love to crack NS2 open and fiddle with it, but I haven't created anything substantial in it since "Afterlife" over 5 months ago. 😱 I really should do another Ambient track in it at least, lol.

Jokes aside though, with Wotja and Loopy Pro showing the way forward in sustainable pricing models on ios, I hoped we would hear from the NS dev, as in his last communication this seemed to come across as the biggest obstacle to further development.

I've suggested an in-app tip jar, or some sort of cheap optional subscription, or for him to create a Patreon, etc, but he didn't seem to want to try those. I DO understand however that Matt is stuck between a rock and a hard spot - the fact that he has a family to feed and that full time work comes first. 🙂 And he has that annual appstore fee to pay Apple to keep his app in the appstore. Afterall, he is a one-man crew, not a big name company.

BUT, the pricing model Loopy Pro came up with seems pretty much a great way to go forward. Perhaps later I can suggest
    to Matt using that pricing model.

• I take it at this point it's useless thinking that audio will come to NS2?

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:

BUT, the pricing model Loopy Pro came up with seems pretty much a great way to go forward. Perhaps later I can suggest

Yes, please!

I finally want audio tracks 😅😅😅

• @cyberheater said:
    I take it at this point it's useless thinking that audio will come to NS2?

Only Matt, the developer, can answer that.

Anything else from anyone else suggesting one way or the other will be just guesswork.

Personally, between Obsidian, Slate, AudioLayer, MTR, Neon and Koala all of my audio-specific needs are catered for 👍😊

• Watching now, @thesoundtestroom .... including all ads! One was 6 minutes 😅😅😅

• Any way to get the MIDI of that project or the whole ns project file?

I would like play around with that 😅🤗

• edited January 2022

@thesoundtestroom said:
    @tja @ervin Thanks guys for commenting 😊
    ervin, you just gave me another idea, I could do different tracks in NS and then mix the stems or the full mixes and import them directly into Loopy Pro for any audio, that would be very cool I think.
    We are really lucky on iOS that we do have so many different options.
    Very soon I’m going to doing another Loopy Pro video in which I will record some of my NI Kontakt instruments directly into Loopy, and built up a nice orchestral piece that way.
    Too many ideas, not enough time🤣

Wow, I'm looking forward to both of these. 👍

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:
    I DO understand however that Matt is stuck between a rock and a hard spot - the fact that he has a family to feed and that full time work comes first. 🙂 And he has that annual appstore fee to pay Apple to keep his app in the appstore. Afterall, he is a one-man crew, not a big name company.

Of course. We're not entitled to his talent or work. :) But the way I see it most people commenting here or over at the NS forum highly appreciated what he has done so far, would honestly like to help and are willing to pay as well. Here's hoping a solution may be found that's sustainable for him.

By all means, mate. Who knows, you may be our winning bet! :)

• Great stuff Doug, and great stream!

If NS2 supported IAA and audio tracks, it would be my go to DAW but for right now it’s still Cubasis. IAA will likely never come to NS2 and audio tracks seem less and less likely. Still kind of want to try it just for the built in synth and sampler.

• @HotStrange Thanks.
    And, yes, Obsidian synth is a fantastic instrument capable of tons of different types of synthesis.
    And Slate is one of the only drum machines that I actually enjoy programming.
    Again, I think it’s down to having confidence in the App, it’s not really productive if at the back of your mind there is always the fear that it’s going to crash.
    I never have that feeling with NanoStudio 2, and that’s Golden😊

• @thesoundtestroom said:
    @HotStrange Thanks.
    And, yes, Obsidian synth is a fantastic instrument capable of tons of different types of synthesis.
    And Slate is one of the only drum machines that I actually enjoy programming.
    Again, I think it’s down to having confidence in the App, it’s not really productive if at the back of your mind there is always the fear that it’s going to crash.
    I never have that feeling with NanoStudio 2, and that’s Golden😊

Thanks for the reply! It’s definitely on my short list as I love the workflow it seems to provide. Might make it my go to when I’m only wanting to work on iOS with audio units. Obsidian and Slate seem worth it for the price alone.

• @HotStrange And, you can also export your mixdown any else, even the stems.

• Going to watch this tonight, thanks @thesoundtestroom. Also just want to chip in to say I must have spent many hundreds of hours inside NS2 by now and it's never crashed once. As a programmer, I'm in awe of NS2.

• @FastGhost said:
    Going to watch this tonight, thanks @thesoundtestroom. Also just want to chip in to say I must have spent many hundreds of hours inside NS2 by now and it's never crashed once. As a programmer, I'm in awe of NS2.

👍👍

• @thesoundtestroom said:
    @HotStrange And, you can also export your mixdown any else, even the stems.

Very tempting. I was gonna buy the audio evolution DAW but may go with NS2 instead. Especially since I already own Cubasis. Thanks again! Big help as always :)