Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Is there a way of turning off the 3 multitasking dots at the top of the screen?

They are driving me mad, they get in the way of AUM, and also using scribble in almost anything.

I liked the old way of multitasking

Comments

• Send feedback to Apple, so that they add an option in settings to toggle this.

• Is it with iPad Pro too? I still iPadOS 14.

• How does it look in AUM, screenshot?

• edited January 2022

How does it affect AUM, that doesn't support multitasking yet?

• @Carnbot said:
    How does it affect AUM, that doesn't support multitasking yet?

Good question, maybe the OP was referring to AudioBus?!
    Also the 3 dots only appear on an app when an app supports split-view...

Personally I've already adapted to the 3 dots and most apps will be adapted as well, just like with the notch :sunglasses:
    I do wish more apps supported split-view and that split-view could also be used in vertical orientation (Ie. stack two apps on top of each other or side-by-side).

• It’s not aum sorry! Of course you are all right! It’s koala sampler and well, any app that supports split screen.

I much prefer the gesture way of doing multitasking, this seems really not in apple’s style.

Anyway I guess nothing can be done so I have useless dots that trigger bullshit whenever I get slightly near it.

Boo.

• Yeah I don't know why the dots can't appear after doing a gesture of some kind, they hopefully will improve how it works :)

• edited January 2022

Those dots are annoying in Drambo because they are right on top of the transport buttons. Too bad you can't re/move them.

• @subdo said:
    Those dots are annoying in Drama because they are right on top of the transport buttons. Too bad you can't re/move them.

The next Drambo update will fix that but I have no ETA on when it will be out...

• If only we could also remove this annoying multitasking bar at the bottom of the screen.
    Please resurrect Steve and its minimalism obsession. Those days Apple need simplicity more than ever.

• @Jeezs said:
    Please resurrect Steve and its minimalism obsession. Those days Apple need simplicity more than ever.

Yeah, but on the other hand we probably wouldn't have cool things like AUv3 and files access on ipad if he was still around :)

• @Carnbot said:

@Jeezs said:

Yeah, but on the other hand we probably wouldn't have cool things like AUv3 and files access on ipad if he was still around :)

True. So we’ll deal this bar 😊

• Turning on Guided Access turns off multitasking. So if you want to stay in one app, that’s the best way to do it. It’s under Accessibility. Then you have a shortcut of triple pressing Home to activate and deactivate.

It’s meant for little kids using an iPad so they stay in one app (and even disable volume buttons if wanted) but it works very well for mono tasking.

• @animalelder said:
    Turning on Guided Access turns off multitasking. So if you want to stay in one app, that’s the best way to do it. It’s under Accessibility. Then you have a shortcut of triple pressing Home to activate and deactivate.

It’s meant for little kids using an iPad so they stay in one app (and even disable volume buttons if wanted) but it works very well for mono tasking.

Awesome!

• @animalelder said:
    Turning on Guided Access turns off multitasking. So if you want to stay in one app, that’s the best way to do it. It’s under Accessibility. Then you have a shortcut of triple pressing Home to activate and deactivate.

This is cool thanks. I do like multitasking just without those flipping dots!

• I hate these f*cking dots so much, lol. I just upgraded to iPadOS 15.4, and they suck. Did Apple release a way to turn these off yet?

• wimwim
    edited March 2022

@jwmmakerofmusic said:
    I hate these f*cking dots so much, lol. I just upgraded to iPadOS 15.4, and they suck. Did Apple release a way to turn these off yet?

No.

Individual apps can disable it in code, but that's all.

• Afaik only by disabling multitasking as well...

• @0tolerance4silence said:
    Afaik only by disabling multitasking as well...

Ah how do I do this? I need multitasking for art, but not in Gadget 2.

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:

@0tolerance4silence said:

Just ask Korg to update their fricking apps for iOS15(iOS16 will be here in a couple of months).
    But honestly suspect Korg silently and compleltely abandoned iOS (Prove me wrong here Korg and drop something awesome!!!).

Personally I love the three dot’s as it makes multi-taskng a LOT easier.
    The three dots only show up in apps that support ‘split view’ for all other apps they are hidden.

Cheers!

• You can’t. The app can opt for dropping multitasking.
    Btw, Gadget doesn’t support multitasking anyway and you have an option in Settings to hide status bar, which should do the trick.

• edited March 2022

Just checked, with or without status bar I can’t see the 3dots in Gadget (15.0.2).

• @0tolerance4silence said:
    Just checked, with or without status bar I can’t see the 3dots in Gadget (15.0.2).

Correct, no dots in Gadget, wonder where @jwmmakerofmusic got them from?
    Maybe an old version of Gadget or something!?

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:

Unfortunately, it looks like optional multitasking has been removed, at least in my iPadOS 15.4. It used to be an option in Settings–>General. So it's up to apps to turn it off.

• @Samu said:

Correct, no dots in Gadget, wonder where @jwmmakerofmusic got them from?
    Maybe an old version of Gadget or something!?

Probably older version of Gadget. 🤷