Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

midi control Fundamental in AUM

I have set it up the way I understand it should work, same as for other synths. I get nothing. Any tips on what I might be doing wrong? C5 triggers sound on/off but I though pitch control was possible. No?

Comments

• @Ailerom said:
    I have set it up the way I understand it should work, same as for other synths. I get nothing. Any tips on what I might be doing wrong? C5 triggers sound on/off but I though pitch control was possible. No?

Which Fundamental? One, Two or... er, free?

• It's 1 and Free.

• @Ailerom said:

Have a look in the manual. The 8 voices are hard wired to 8 specific notes and respond to MPE. Apologies if this is what you’ve been doing already. NB a I’ve not tried this, just had a vague recollection of this question coming up previously, so checked the manual. You might have to set up what gestures affect different parameters, too, from the looks of it.

• @bygjohn said:

@Ailerom said:

Have a look in the manual. The 8 voices are hard wired to 8 specific notes and respond to MPE. Apologies if this is what you’ve been doing already. NB a I’ve not tried this, just had a vague recollection of this question coming up previously, so checked the manual. You might have to set up what gestures affect different parameters, too, from the looks of it.

Thanks. I thought it would accept key input. Didn't realise it worked that way. Although if it's 8 keys I'm surprised it seems to be limited to 1 octave.

• edited January 2022

@Ailerom said:

@bygjohn said:

@Ailerom said:

Thanks. I thought it would accept key input. Didn't realise it worked that way. Although if it's 8 keys I'm surprised it seems to be limited to 1 octave.

It’s not a real app. If you get what I mean. It’s the developers attempt at a diss app. Very hip hop. Without being cool.

[Edit: wrong app. I’m talking about the new free Fundamentalorigins]

• @bygjohn said:

@Ailerom said:

My copy seems to be missing part of the puzzle.
    Manual:

Fundamental:

• edited January 2022

@Ailerom said:

@bygjohn said:

@Ailerom said:

My copy seems to be missing part of the puzzle.
    Manual:

Fundamental:

Looks like you may still be using Fundamental v1? - the Midi-Frq option was introduced in v2...

There's a video on it here:

• edited January 2022

@enkaytee :D Thanks. I did say that in the title and 3rd post so thanks for that. Otherwise this could have gone on forever. So only a midi on off button with Fundamental?

Hmm, $36 for midi in?

• @Ailerom said:
    @enkaytee :D Thanks. I did say that in the title and 3rd post so thanks for that. Otherwise this could have gone on forever. So only a midi on off button with Fundamental?

Hmm, $36 for midi in?

Just tried mapping the Mononoke Pads controller that comes with Mononoke, and it does work as advertised in both F1 and F2, ie you can play the eight voices and add expression, either instead of the self triggering stuff or along with it. Not sure if F2 will respond to MIDI pitches as such - the manual rather implies that to play scales you need to tune each voice, and it provides a way to do that (hold the frequency dial and press a key). But that’s academic in this case, as it looks like F1 is MPE only.

• @bygjohn said:

@Ailerom said:

Hmm, $36 for midi in?

Just tried mapping the Mononoke Pads controller that comes with Mononoke, and it does work as advertised in both F1 and F2, ie you can play the eight voices and add expression, either instead of the self triggering stuff or along with it. Not sure if F2 will respond to MIDI pitches as such - the manual rather implies that to play scales you need to tune each voice, and it provides a way to do that (hold the frequency dial and press a key). But that’s academic in this case, as it looks like F1 is MPE only.

Was that mapping within AUM? What is Mononoke mapped to?

• @Ailerom said:

@bygjohn said:

@Ailerom said:

Hmm, $36 for midi in?

Was that mapping within AUM? What is Mononoke mapped to?

I’m not using Mononoke itself (for this). It comes with an MPE controller called Mononoke Pads. Conveniently, 8 of them, and you can set each to a particular note. Took a little experimentation to get them set up correctly (the left and right halves use different octaves, so the dials on one side don’t follow through to the other - sorry, not sure if that’s very clear), so I saved a preset in AUM once I’d got it set up. Here’s what the dials look like:

You need to set the MPE stuff in Fundamental (pressure, x and y axes) every time you change a preset, which is annoying.

• @bygjohn said:
    I’m not using Mononoke itself (for this). It comes with an MPE controller called Mononoke Pads. Conveniently, 8 of them, and you can set each to a particular note. Took a little experimentation to get them set up correctly (the left and right halves use different octaves, so the dials on one side don’t follow through to the other - sorry, not sure if that’s very clear), so I saved a preset in AUM once I’d got it set up. Here’s what the dials look like:

You need to set the MPE stuff in Fundamental (pressure, x and y axes) every time you change a preset, which is annoying.

Thank you so much. I had everything set up except the notes. I don't know for sure what the Mononoke notes were set to but I had tried everything with the x/y on Fundamental. I would have thought something should have happened. I guess those notes were the critical part. How do you have the MPE settings.

Mine are:

MPE-Freq
    Yaxis-gain
    Xaxis-freq

• edited January 2022

There’s a bank of MPE presets which are worth installing, I think I posted the link before in the other Fundamental thread but if you search YouTube SonicLabs account there’s a demo video with the link. Will post it again later if not…

Preset bank attached

• @Ailerom said:

@bygjohn said:

Thank you so much. I had everything set up except the notes. I don't know for sure what the Mononoke notes were set to but I had tried everything with the x/y on Fundamental. I would have thought something should have happened. I guess those notes were the critical part. How do you have the MPE settings.

Mine are:

MPE-Freq
    Yaxis-gain
    Xaxis-freq

Similar settings to yours, I had MPE pressure set to FM, but TBH I’m not sure Mononoke Pads sends pressure: I’ve only tried this due to this thread! So at least some good has come of this :-)

• @Carnbot said:
    There’s a bank of MPE presets which are worth installing, I think I posted the link before in the other Fundamental thread but if you search YouTube SonicLabs account there’s a demo video with the link. Will post it again later if not…

Preset bank attached

Awesome. Thanks.

• @bygjohn said:

@Ailerom said:

@bygjohn said:

Mine are:

MPE-Freq
    Yaxis-gain
    Xaxis-freq

Similar settings to yours, I had MPE pressure set to FM, but TBH I’m not sure Mononoke Pads sends pressure: I’ve only tried this due to this thread! So at least some good has come of this :-)

Good to know. I had those settings with no sound. When you showed me how to setup Mononoke (still not sure how you figured that one out) I just worked. And changing the MPE settings made no difference so I just left where it made sense tome. Cheers for the help.