Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Using Ravenscroft piano app with a phone

Hello, I'd like to use ravenscroft IOS on my phone. Is there a difference with a phone vs an ipad?

Also, I'd like to sometimes have a pad under the piano. Is the best way to run it into garageband and have two tracks going?

What is the cleanest, quickets method for connecting to the phone? I have an irig pro which does audio/midi

I am looking for the quick setup as I'll be doing gigs with it and speed of setup / tear down is big which is why I'd rather not have to setup a laptop.

Comments

• No difference between “versions” - it is a universal app.

What midi controller are you using? For example, I have a few that connect via BlueTooth, which to me is the fastest way. Irig would work too.

You can do GarageBand or AUM and have two tracks going, yes. Do audio out through the irig. You’re set.

• I think your best set up would be:

AUM for the AUv3 hosting app. It has many features useful to a live performer. A mixer. Project Files that load configurations.

For PAD's I personally would use Korg' iWaveStation but it's an IAA app so most would not.

You can do this in Garageband but it's just not as elegant as AUM.

The iRig is a good option if you can secure it to the keyboard... I'd use velcro to insure you don't loose a connection and create a massive noise spike in a live situation. You might want and more rugged Audio/MIDI unit with more ports for various PA options and monitoring capability and a good Digital to Analog converter and headphone amp.

Don' forget that an iPad with a larger screen can also serve up sheet music and lyrics with the potential of a Bluetooth foot pedal page turner.

• Please share how this would work in GarageBand. I’m under the impression that only the ‘active’ instrument is playable (via a controller or the onscreen keyboard). I’d love to layer Ravenscroft with GarageBand’s internal sounds:)

• @onkey said:
    Please share how this would work in GarageBand. I’m under the impression that only the ‘active’ instrument is playable (via a controller or the onscreen keyboard). I’d love to layer Ravenscroft with GarageBand’s internal sounds:)

See if your controller supports a keyboard "split" that sends the bass notes on one channel and the treble on another.

If you play to the DAW's BPM clock (GarageBand being one option) you can pre-record pad performances for a tune.

Layering sounds in GarageBand should be setting up AUv3 apps to respond to the same MIDI channel.

• Thanks @McD but like @Daveby I was interested in making this work in a live context so I’ll stick with AUM:)

For pads, Sunrizer has a nice ethereal quality to it which layers beautifully with pianos. The preset browser is also excellent for quick switching. Also consider running AutoPad for an additional ambient layer.