Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

FundamentalOrigins by SonicPlanet Audio Video Teknolojileri Anonim Sti. (Free)

https://apps.apple.com/app/id1604965075

Description:

Fundamental is a sound synthesis software which reproduces the test equipment sound of Hainbach's Rohde&Schwartz sine wave oscillator. For the original development of Fundamental, Hainbach offered his ingenious idea of combining 8 test equipment oscillators instead of 1 inside the app. He has recorded the original sound of his test equipment ( his wrist got great pain during this process with his own words ), and delivered these sounds.

And the Fundamental Origins represents Hainbach's original Fundamental idea and contribution, 8 test equipment oscillators with adjustable frequency, gain, and panning. 

However all the other features coming from sonicLAB as a result of years of development of other products like PassBot, Cosmosf have been discarded; such as the stochastic modulation with GEN's ( sonicLAB LFO's ) , random envelopes, barriers, harmonic distribution mode, morphing engine, tuning scales, the new morse code generator etc.. to name a few. (Also sonicLAB has developed a genuine test equipment modeling, and the user interface but this is not an important issue here.) And therefore sonicLAB drops its name from this product.
Who needs these tools ?

Amazing news : Since these features are discarded from the Fundamental Origins, this app is free. !! It is super plain and simple, no manuals needed., great for the iOS community.

Once again the iOS community is so grateful to Hainbach and his genius achievement, sonicLAB produces only the artifacts.

Details:
Universal: No
Minimum OS version: 12
Rated: 0 based on 0 votes

Comments

• That app description deserves some kind of award.

• @Philandering_Bastard said:
    That app description deserves some kind of award.

For obnoxiousness?

• edited January 2022

😂 I kinda like the free version better… rich, warm drone and easy on resources still AUV3

• …interesting, there is a morph control in the MIDI controller options:

• @espiegel123 said:

@Philandering_Bastard said:
    That app description deserves some kind of award.

For obnoxiousness?

Something like the raspberry awards.

• Wow. so much butthurt.

• @Stuntman_mike said:
    😂 I kinda like the free version better… rich, warm drone and easy on resources still AUV3

The new preset system is also less borked.

• the phrase butthurt always gives me butthurt.

• edited January 2022

• edited January 2022

• really fun to play with and great sound。
    hope to see that the 8 osc windows to have some vintage flickering warm backlight to indicate the cv from faders (or env cv on the fullversion)。
    seriously considering to buy F2,good move!

• edited January 2022

I found the app description very amusing.
    Reminds me of the developer from the Jaxx series of apps.

As an Artist who occasionally diva’s I’ll rate the dev’s description as up there as one to remember.

Oh and musicians experience the following side effects from playing instruments.
    torn ligaments, carpal tunnel syndrome, worn out cartilage in wrists and knees,
    arthritis from years of repetitive strain injury and posture problems to mention
    a few so I can appreciate that Hainbach got great pain in his wrist.
    These things happen, it comes with the territory.

• That last line is hilarious. So bitter, yet still went through the effort to release this free version. Some people.

• edited January 2022

Thank you Hainbach or whoever released this free app.

• Lol that dude’s a nutter but I dig his work

• @Simon said:
    Thank you Hainbach or whoever released this free app.

It is my understanding that this is Fundamental programmer giving away Hainbach's samples without permission. He seems to have a beef with Hainbach. Unless this has Hainbach's blessing it seems like a shady move.

@Hainbach ?

• Wow. Very unprofessional.

I think @Hainbach is much better off with Audiothing. I love wires. I use it far more than I ever thought I would, most often as a lo-fi tape delay.

Hopefully audiothing will develop for iOS too one day. I like their apps, usually very simple in a good way and they seem to be well designed and coded.

• Hi, confused about which version to get , 1 or 2 ?

• @klownshed said:
    Wow. Very unprofessional.

I think @Hainbach is much better off with Audiothing. I love wires. I use it far more than I ever thought I would, most often as a lo-fi tape delay.

Hopefully audiothing will develop for iOS too one day. I like their apps, usually very simple in a good way and they seem to be well designed and coded.

Have you used his Gauss field looper app on iOS? It’s fantastic.

• From what I understand this is true to Hainbachs original vision for the app correct? Not gonna lie I almost like this better. There’s beauty in its simplicity. Also way less CPU intensive and super easy to get an awesome drone going.

• @plants4lifex said:
    Hi, confused about which version to get , 1 or 2 ?

Tough one to answer.

1 uses less DSP/CPU than 2, so if your iPad is older that may be a consideration.

2 recommends an A12 processor or later, but so far it seems OK on my iPad 6, which has an A10. May struggle with some patches, I guess - haven’t played with it much as the acrimony leaves a bad taste in my mouth and has rather put me off it.

1 is the one Hainbach was involved with before the acrimony, and he gets a cut, I think. I suspect it may now be abandoned in terms of bug fixes etc.
    2 seems identical apart from the new extra features, and it seems like Hainbach doesn’t get a cut, and had no involvement in it.
    The free revenge thing is just the oscillators, but might be lower on CPU usage and work on older devices. It’s missing a lot of stuff that made 1 so interesting.

• @bygjohn thank you. Running the desktop demo version of Fundamental2 in detail. It got me with the morphing slider, going to use this for a contemporary dance project live. I need a really stable run on the iPad, will see soon..

• More acrimony here than a Tory Party, party… little bit of cheese, little bit of wine… Bingo.

• @knewspeak said:
    More acrimony here than a Tory Party, party… little bit of cheese, little bit of wine… Bingo.

A lot of speculation perhaps.

Has Sinan or Hainbach made any comments about any of this or is it all just Forum guesswork?

• :> @Simon said:

@knewspeak said:
    More acrimony here than a Tory Party, party… little bit of cheese, little bit of wine… Bingo.

A lot of speculation perhaps.

Has Sinan or Hainbach made any comments about any of this or is it all just Forum guesswork?

Are you the same Simon who spoke for the JAX developer?

• edited January 2022

@gusgranite said:

I didn't speak for him.

I was a happy customer who did some free promo work for him a few years ago (giving away codes and tying to get YouTubers to do reviews of his app). Why do you ask?

• @Simon said:

@gusgranite said:

I didn't speak for him.

I was a happy customer who did some free promo work for him a few years ago (giving away codes and tying to get YouTubers to do reviews of his app). Why do you ask?

Because I think this developer would appreciate some free promo work as well, maybe.

• @gusgranite said:
    Because I think this developer would appreciate some free promo work as well, maybe.

Once bitten twice shy :smiley:

• 1 is the one Hainbach was involved with before the acrimony

Does anyone actually know what happened? It did seem pretty weird when Fundamental 2 came out, being mostly similar to F1, then this free version with the grumpy description. It looks like the developer is aiming to "encourage" people not to buy the Hainbach collaboration version... but why?