Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Euclidean AUv3 Sequencer by 4Pockets.com - Released

edited January 2022 in General App Discussion

https://apps.apple.com/app/id1605757270

Description:

Euclidean Sequencer is an alternative incarnation of the classic step sequencer that has become very popular in the modular realm. It is based on Euclidean rhythms developed by computer scientist Godfried Toussaint in 2004. Euclidean rhythms have their roots in Greek mathematician Euclid’s algorithm, which involves using the greatest common divisor of two numbers to place hits in a sequence as evenly as possible across a set timing divisions.

In practice this is actually simpler than you might think, and Euclidean Sequencer is a great way to auto generate complex musical sequences with no prior knowledge of how it actually works.

Euclidean Sequencer is an AUv3 plugin that can be loaded inside any popular host application that has flexible MIDI routing.

You can define up to 4 Euclidean rhythm parts, each part is referred to as a band. The bands are labelled A-D and colour coded RED, ORANGE, GREEN and CYAN. Together these 4 bands create a pattern, and you can create up to 16 seperate patterns per song patch.

Since each band can specify its own note sequence and output MIDI channel, you can create some quite sophisticated rythms patterns, driving 4 seperate instruments at once. Even better you can seamlessly switch patterns to create even longer evolving sequences. Patterns follow a specified key, scale, or defined chord.

You can even use MIDI input to automatically make note sequences conform to the currently playing chords.

Please note: This is an AUv3 plugin instended to be used inside your favourite host DAW such as AUM, Cubasis, Loopy Pro etc. It will work with any app that has flexible MIDI routing.

Features

4 Band Sequencer
16 Patterns per patch.
Up to 64 events per band.
Seamless pattern transitions.
Output Port and Channel control.
Per band and Global speeds.
Randomize function with varying complexity.
Supports not probability.
Reverse and PingPong modes.
MIDI Chord recognition.
Latch mode.
AUv3 Compatible.

Details:
Universal: Yes
Minimum OS version: 11.0
Rated: 0 based on 0 votes

Comments

• Well this looks like the 1st 4pockets app that I will be buying
    Like this type of sequencer and actually like the UI on this app
    Sadly UI is a part why I haven’t brought other apps from this developer before
    But know he has dropped some great apps
    Bring it on

• I agree, ui on this looks great

• edited January 2022

Don’t see any randomisers in the preview
    Thanks @Vip8888 for pointing me in the right direction

• @muzka said:
    I agree, ui on this looks great

+1!

• this looks very good

• @gsm909 said:

Have a look at around the 9:20 mark, does this cover it?

• Looks great can’t wait.

• @Vip8888 said:

@gsm909 said:

Have a look at around the 9:20 mark, does this cover it?

Yes it does. Thanks. I’m in !!

• I’ve been fairly vocal about not being the biggest fan of his stuff but this looks right up my street, always good to see developers stretching out a bit and exploring different avenues

• Looking forward to release..

• Yeah, I'm buying this...

• Looks like a take on the hyplugins Euclidean sequencer, will get this.

• edited January 2022

Video seems to show PolyMETER with each lane different bar lengths ,
    not polyrhythm where all lanes would complete their cycle of pulses within the same bar .

I hope a true polyrhythm mode could be added as this is my main interest .

I also hope the advertising could be corrected - I know other companies have also confused this terminology ,
    but it strikes me as ridiculous that there is so much precision of terminology in this sector on other themes
    (filter types , vco/dco , 909/808 etc ) when something so musically important as how the rhythm of the piece actually plays can be disregarded .

also , other similar desktop apps (like the HY plugin iirc ) don’t allow editing of the circle lanes , it is display of dial only - I hope this app allows touch editing of the dial additional to right hand parameters.

happy to see this appear in any case

• @RetroNewb said:
    not polyrhythm where all lanes would complete their cycle of pulses within the same bar .

I also hope the advertising could be corrected - I know other companies have also confused this terminology ,
    but it strikes me as ridiculous that there is so much precision of terminology in this sector on other themes
    (filter types , vco/dco , 909/808 etc ) when something so musically important as how the rhythm of the piece actually plays can be disregarded .

also , other similar desktop apps (like the HY plugin iirc ) don’t allow editing of the circle lanes , it is display of dial only - I hope this app allows touch editing of the dial additional to right hand parameters.

I think Roseta Rhythm does polymeter and polyrhythm doesn’t it?

• @gusgranite said:

@RetroNewb said:

I think Roseta Rhythm does polymeter and polyrhythm doesn’t it?

Yes, you could use Rozeta rhythm to drive multiple instances of Rozeta bass and get the same output as this app, but it would be more unwieldy and with fewer options than having it all in one app. I’m guessing miRack might also have this feature.

• edited January 2022

I’m in for this one. I already use Xenbeat for Max For Live in Ableton:

http://ldmdesign.org/xenbeat/

http://ldmdesign.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/spread.png

And it’s great. But there’s also this:

Does it remind you of anything? ;)

I guess there’s only so many ways of representing a Euclidean sequencer. Even hardware goes in for it:

https://www.thomann.de/gb/vpme.de_euclidean_circles_v2.htm

• @Svetlovska Thanks for the links! I bought VCV Rack2 Pro a few weeks ago, and that's really a 'Euclidean paradise' together with Ableton Live 11. And also for my creating my favorite ambient tracks it's perfect.

But I will buy the 4Pockets Euclidean Sequencer, I like Paul's apps. He also make good tutorials on YT.

• I think this looks right up my street. Can't wait to try it

• So, when is this going to drop?

• They’re finally updating their UI design. Good for them!

• I really love that you included an auto chord detector system and latching system! This is going to be huge for people that love to have auto accompanying. Can one devote on of the lanes to create a Bass note only instead of 3 notes, especially to dedicate it to playing the Bass note? In other words dedicate that lane to have the sequencer send a latched Bass note to a Bass synth in IOS and have it change key as on plays an attached external midi keyboard or even the onboard keyboard. Is this a possibility?

• This looks great. I’m in.

• This looks both fun, creative and useful. And the design seems more quick and fluid than usual from 4pockets. Looking forward to playing around with this. Is there a release date?

• Reminds me of Fugue Machine.

I will definitely be buying this!

• wow this looks great.

@god looks like, but I think the mechanics under the hood are more generative than the fugue machine (where you have to lay your own sequence down) I may be wrong though ;)

• This definitely looks cool but with Zoa, Autony, Rozeta, Drambo, Fugue, Poly2, not to mention countless other apps that send midi (dot Melody, Gestrument, etc) I think I may have to pass in the mean time. Unless the intro price is good. Or the price in general (which 4pockets seem to be pretty fair). What would this really offer over any of those? Any thoughts?

• edited January 2022

You had me at

You can even use MIDI input to automatically make note sequences conform to the currently playing chords, remotely enable bands and seamlessly switch patterns.

• Clock face UI/UX approaches are a non-brainer for Euclidean sequencers (it’s a pity Wotja doesn't use Clock Face UI feedback for its Euclidean sequencers.

I'm also loving the new flatter design on this one (and I really hope this approach is used in future updates to existing 4Pockets products). If I saw the design without knowing it's a 4Pockets app, I could easily have mistaken it for a Max for Live add-on.

I'm sold on this one from the videos alone.

• @david_2017 said:
    wow this looks great.

@god looks like, but I think the mechanics under the hood are more generative than the fugue machine (where you have to lay your own sequence down) I may be wrong though ;)

You are absolutely right. Gonna instantbuy this for sure!

• can we just get patterning as Auv3 already 😅