Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cpu efficient auv3 hard clipper?

Hello!

I am currently using TB barricade on some tracks to hard clip, sounds fantastic but very taxing on the cpu

Is there an auv3 out there that can do simple hard clipping ultra efficiently?

In my head it seems like this could be achieved with some quick and dirty method in a way that wouldn’t use much more in terms of resources than an eq but perhaps I am imagining the task to be more simple than it is?

Comments

• Kdevices Shaper. Has a clipping mode and wayyy more. Best distortion I’ve found on iOS.

Use it in conjunction with Kleverdergereeereëgråds’ REAMP all the time...

Both seem to be very cpu friendly to me.

• @annahahn said:
    Hello!

I am currently using TB barricade on some tracks to hard clip, sounds fantastic but very taxing on the cpu

Is there an auv3 out there that can do simple hard clipping ultra efficiently?

In my head it seems like this could be achieved with some quick and dirty method in a way that wouldn’t use much more in terms of resources than an eq but perhaps I am imagining the task to be more simple than it is?

Barricade is still the only ‘clean’ AUv3 hard clipper to my knowledge.

• any update on that?
    still looking for a softclipper au in cubasis for my master channel.

• Bleass Saturator

• @Blipsford_Baubie said:
    Bleass Saturator

hows the cpu hit?

• @Birdpie said:

@Blipsford_Baubie said:
    Bleass Saturator

hows the cpu hit?

I don’t know for sure. If it helps, my devices are old. iPad mini 2 and an iphone SE2. I haven’t had problems I usually run 4-5 tracks with an instance of Saturator and a handful of other more cpu intensive spatial fx and or limiters.

Also, it seems Bleass has a reputation for being light on resources?

• IK multimedia as Saturator X that is very good and light on CPU.