Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

[Philosophy] Explaining Deleuze with drum machines

edited January 2022 in Other
The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• Waiting for your take on Louis Althusser.

• dvidvi
    edited January 2022

Very cool, thanks @d4d0ug!

On the other direction, here is Deleuze explaining music with the help of a musicologist, Pascale Criton and a musician, Richard Pinhas (who does interesting stuff with processed guitars). At 47:44 Pinhas begins explaining to Deleuze how a synthesizer and a harmonizer work using Deleuze's own philosophy. Deleuze does not seem very impressed—ha!
    Here's a translation of the whole lecture: https://deleuze.cla.purdue.edu/seminars/leibniz-and-baroque/lecture-20

• edited January 2022

Minipops

Edit oops wrong one

• edited January 2022

@d4d0ug : excellent find. Very interesting! I remember I was big on dropping ‘rhizomatic’ in my very po-mo essays whilst studying to be a psychotherapist /counsellor. As a trainee therapist, a trans woman with trans clients, it was a liberating concept to get beyond the arboreal Freudian categories and into the new spaces my LGBTQI clients were exploring with some of the theoretical weight A Thousand Plateaus afforded behind me. Also: Suicide. What a great band… :)

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Philandering_Bastard said:
    Waiting for your take on Louis Althusser.

Hmm... Give Francois Laruelle a go while you're at it!

• Just finished watching this. Fascinating on so many levels. Thanks for the share. This is what makes me wish that, much as i love them, Audio Modelling would strike out from emulation of real instruments. I'd love so much for them to create a really out-there physically modelled synth that allowed for the creation of something truly new / familiar. My main joy in music making comes from playing with familiar sounds in new ways. I wish Rhizomatic's (see what i did there?) Plasmonic was available on iOS. In the meantime we can use our FX chains to turn the arboreal into the rhizomatic!

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Gavinski said:
    Just finished watching this. Fascinating on so many levels. Thanks for the share. This is what makes me wish that, much as i love them, Audio Modelling would strike out from emulation of real instruments. I'd love so much for them to create a really out-there physically modelled synth that allowed for the creation of something truly new / familiar. My main joy in music making comes from playing with familiar sounds in new ways.

Don’t sleep on GeoShred. It fits your description perfectly.

• True - I haven’t explored it to its fullest depths. Thanks for the reminder!

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

@Gavinski said:
    Just finished watching this. Fascinating on so many levels. Thanks for the share. This is what makes me wish that, much as i love them, Audio Modelling would strike out from emulation of real instruments. I'd love so much for them to create a really out-there physically modelled synth that allowed for the creation of something truly new / familiar. My main joy in music making comes from playing with familiar sounds in new ways.

Also there is still huge mileage to be had in the SWAM models. Send lfos to all the expression and timbre parameters. Then run it through a chain of Grind and Apefilter and lfo the heck out of those apps too. Guaranteed to get something interesting with that recipe. Most of us are still scratching the surface of what’s in the SWAMs we already have.

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

@Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

@Gavinski said:

Also there is still huge mileage to be had in the SWAM models. Send lfos to all the expression and timbre parameters. Then run it through a chain of Grind and Apefilter and lfo the heck out of those apps too. Guaranteed to get something interesting with that recipe. Most of us are still scratching the surface of what’s in the SWAMs we already have.

Nothing i love more than putting those beauties through an insane FX chain!

• What is grind BTW? don't think I've heard of that app!

• @Gavinski said:
    What is grind BTW? don't think I've heard of that app!

Audio Damage distortion app. Strong recommend if you like the gnarly.