Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

-=Edward Alexander and the Loopy Pro Band=-

I don’t know if you guys can tell, but Loopy Pro is changing my musical creations. I’m slowly learning the in and outs of LP and all of its layers of clip settings. I’m becoming more comfortable starting and stopping loops and knowing when the loop is going to start recording. There’s a lot to get your head around in Loopy Pro, and I’ve only begun to scratch the surface.

One things for certain; I’m feeling more motivated than ever to publish tracks, and Loopy Pro has actually inspired me to pick up the guitar a lot more lately! Feels like @Michael has given us the keys to unlock unlimited creative potential with LP.

I’m starting this thread taking after our beloved @echoopera, where I can share all of my LP sessions in one place like he’s doing with his. I think it’s a great idea for a format where we’re not all posting a new thread for every piece of music!

I’ll still post in the “daily post and listen” thread pieces I’m working on; don’t worry, I’ll make sure nobody misses a thing! 😜

So I’ll kick it off with my newest LP session, the self titled “Edward Alexander and the Loopy Pro Band”! (Which I think I’m going to rename to “The Sky is the Limit” come to think of it…

So proud of my band! ❤️🎸🎷🥁🎻🎹

Comments

• -=LoopTronic - an electronic journey=-

Trying this “keep it all in one thread” thing. This way there’s only one easy thread for the “non-fans” to ignore.

• Hhhhhhmmmmmmm. Nice. Like the mid eastern vibe on the LoopTronic piece!!!! Like the Bass line in that. The melody sounds are great.

• @Edward_Alexander said:
    I don’t know if you guys can tell, but Loopy Pro is changing my musical creations. I’m slowly learning the in and outs of LP and all of its layers of clip settings. I’m becoming more comfortable starting and stopping loops and knowing when the loop is going to start recording. There’s a lot to get your head around in Loopy Pro, and I’ve only begun to scratch the surface.

One things for certain; I’m feeling more motivated than ever to publish tracks, and Loopy Pro has actually inspired me to pick up the guitar a lot more lately! Feels like @Michael has given us the keys to unlock unlimited creative potential with LP.

I’m starting this thread taking after our beloved @echoopera, where I can share all of my LP sessions in one place like he’s doing with his. I think it’s a great idea for a format where we’re not all posting a new thread for every piece of music!

I’ll still post in the “daily post and listen” thread pieces I’m working on; don’t worry, I’ll make sure nobody misses a thing! 😜

So I’ll kick it off with my newest LP session, the self titled “Edward Alexander and the Loopy Pro Band”! (Which I think I’m going to rename to “The Sky is the Limit” come to think of it…

In this video are you playing loops you pre recorded or are you recording them during the video?

• Lots of good energy here.

• Two great tracks but I especially enjoyed LoopTronic. A great toe tapper! What were the lead instruments you used if that's not a trade secret🤔

• Bought LP and haven’t really cranked it up yet. I knew it was gonna be a slow mind blowing crawl for my creative brain cells. I will follow this progress closely so I can master it by osmosis, like I did with Auria back in the day.

• @onerez said:
    Hhhhhhmmmmmmm. Nice. Like the mid eastern vibe on the LoopTronic piece!!!! Like the Bass line in that. The melody sounds are great.

Thank you!

• @ecou said:

@Edward_Alexander said:

In this video are you playing loops you pre recorded or are you recording them during the video?

Pre-recorded loops.

• @LinearLineman said:
    Lots of good energy here.

Thanks for the ears!

• I really like the sound coming in about 1:33 of the electronic one. Is that played on a synth, or a processed loop of some live instrument? It's got that non-western reed instrument sound, but also kinda sounds like a guitar. Nice track.

• @GeoTony said:
    Two great tracks but I especially enjoyed LoopTronic. A great toe tapper! What were the lead instruments you used if that's not a trade secret🤔

Thanks Tony!

Mostly Synthmaster 2 sounds, with the GeoSWAM Cello, and then there’s two loops that are actually my voice run through some effects.

• I didn’t realize there was a second one. Very well done. Maybe you’ll get into different time signatures. Mid eastern drummer has them.

• @LinearLineman said:
    I didn’t realize there was a second one. Very well done. Maybe you’ll get into different time signatures. Mid eastern drummer has them.

Thank you Mike!

I did a piece in 7/8 a while back. (Lemme look it up)

Here it is:

Watch your volume @:57 if you’re wearing headphones!

I bought Mid-East drummer, per your recommendation, as well as Funk Drummer recently! Have yet to check out the former.

• Actual footage from one of my Lava lamps^^^ (as the background in VS - Visual Synth 😎)

• edited January 2022

Anyway, believe it or not, @LinearLineman, for the “Looptronic” piece, I used Funk Drummer, but then I actually used Hammerhead for the bongo/congo percussion loop, and used Hammerhead’s sequencer to sequence them. (I LOVE using Hammerhead!)

• !

Here it is:

I bought Mid-East drummer, per your recommendation, as well as Funk Drummer recently! Have yet to check out the former.

That was really nice. Great vizuals too

• edited January 2022

@Edward_Alexander : very interesting to see what can be done with Loopy Pro by someone who, you know, can actually play instruments and all…. There’s obviously a lot for me to dig into with it. Great and inspiring work! :) (Looptronic was my favourite- incidental music for a slick Eurothriller as a black SUV with tinted windows races through a long mountain tunnel at night, heading to the meeting with the Moroccan contact).

• @NoiseHorse said:
    Bought LP and haven’t really cranked it up yet. I knew it was gonna be a slow mind blowing crawl for my creative brain cells. I will follow this progress closely so I can master it by osmosis, like I did with Auria back in the day.

May I recommend the Soundformore tutorial series @sfm

the Sound test room also has an excellent introductory video to get you up and going. @thesoundtestroom

• @SimonSomeone said:
    I really like the sound coming in about 1:33 of the electronic one. Is that played on a synth, or a processed loop of some live instrument? It's got that non-western reed instrument sound, but also kinda sounds like a guitar. Nice track.

Thank you! (Almost missed your comment)

I think you’re talking about the yellow loop, 2nd from the top left? That’s an EP sound from Synthmaster 2, played with my Deepmind 12 as the midi controller. Then there’s the GeoSWAM Cello coming right in behind it, which was played with fingers on the glass.

Thanks again!

• @Svetlovska said:
    @Edward_Alexander : very interesting to see what can be done with Loopy Pro by someone who, you know, can actually play instruments and all…. There’s obviously a lot for me to dig into with it. Great and inspiring work! :) (Looptronic was my favourite- incidental music for a slick Eurothriller as a black SUV with tinted windows races through a long mountain tunnel at night, heading to the meeting with the Moroccan contact).

lol Love it! Your description fits “my genre” to the T (Secret Agent music) 🕵️‍♀️

Thanks for the kind words and the listen. @Michael has really given us something extraordinary with LP!

• @Edward_Alexander said:

@Edward_Alexander Love the concept !! I might just do the same once Jamuary is wrapped up. And by the way your stuff was always great but I definitely see Loopy Pro taking you to new heights. Keep it going my friend. 🔥🎧🎶

• @Lorichs said:
    !

Here it is:

That was really nice. Great vizuals too

Thank you!

• @Thepixelproducers said:

@Edward_Alexander said:

@Edward_Alexander Love the concept !! I might just do the same once Jamuary is wrapped up. And by the way your stuff was always great but I definitely see Loopy Pro taking you to new heights. Keep it going my friend. 🔥🎧🎶

Thanks! I appreciate the kind words!

I’m learning more about LP every time I used it. Such an amazing playground for musical ideas!

• edited January 2022

Yes, the 7/8. For sure you’re grooving mightily with LP.

• @LinearLineman its funny you should mention that, as I’m working on another Loopy piece where I’m utilizing Fugue Machine’s transpose tool and I’m doing just that. I have some ideas cooking where it can be achieved with live looping; with a series of consecutive loops that walk through the key changes and transpositions of a more fleshed out, full length song, rather than these “pieces”.

• Well, that sounds intriguing.

• edited January 2022

@LinearLineman said:
    Well, that sounds intriguing.

Awww you edited your post! - Folks, Mike said something along the lines of:

“would you Pu-leeeze hit the transpose button every once in a while!”

I was going to say:

The thing is trying to figure out how to perform all this in a live looping setting.

I had @espiegel123’s help in working out an issue I was having with LP, but as it turned out, it was just a conflict of settings I had. Restoring to defaults cleared it up and what I was trying to do started working perfectly.

In this simple example, I just copied the first loops, one by one (whichever method of copying and pasting or dragging to copy the clip) to a second donut. In the second donut’s clip settings, I simply bumped up the pitch by 3 semitones.

I also used the Group feature to keep a couple of the main clips together. Makes it easier to “transpose” the whole band!

So, I’d like to make a template, to automate all this eventually, and of course as @Michael adds things, but where I can perform “live looping” by building up some loops from scratch, adding more and more, then have a button at the ready where I can shift whole parts up or down by semitones. Maybe have a few buttons; one for a 3 semitone shift, one for a 5 or 7 semitone shift… and so on.

Anyone got any ideas or input on said “button setup”? I’d love to hear!

• Yeah, I felt perhaps it was unfair or unkind or something as it’s just my personal preference.

• @LinearLineman said:
    Yeah, I felt perhaps it was unfair or unkind or something as it’s just my personal preference.

You’re providing honest, constructive criticism, which is the best kind of feedback! There’s nothing unfair or unkind about it lol!

• @Edward_Alexander

Do you know how many shout outs you’re getting from Imaginando on FB?
    Loads.

Go have a look on their FB page if you’re on FB.