Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

News from Casio!

Comments

• We need this as a synth app NOW :D
    (Watching the video, well worth a watch).

• so is this app listed above only used to program the casio?

• Casio gives great value. The PXS1000 is probably the best digital piano for the price. Casio is the iOS of hardware.

• @LinearLineman said:
    Casio gives great value. The PXS1000 is probably the best digital piano for the price. Casio is the iOS of hardware.

Thank you for mentioning that, we are about to move overseas and will need to buy a new digital piano for our kids. This one looks like it will fit the bill perfectly.

• edited January 2022

@busker, you can also look at the Kawai ES110. Many feel it is superior, tho I disagree.
    The chief complaint about the Casio is that it’s harder to play as you move toward the black keys. That didn’t bother me at all and barely noticed it. I hope you can play both and decide.

• @eross said:
    so is this app listed above only used to program the casio?

Yes. To tell it what to sing in fact :D

• @rs2000 said:

@eross said:
    so is this app listed above only used to program the casio?

Yes. To tell it what to sing in fact :D

aww i thought the app would do the vocals , maybe someday lol

• @LinearLineman said:
    Casio gives great value. The PXS1000 is probably the best digital piano for the price. Casio is the iOS of hardware.

It’s interesting because when I was last shopping for a digital piano I didn’t like the sound of the Casios I played in the store, but I was really surprised at how good some of them felt. Went for a Yamaha in the end, but definitely wouldn’t discount Casios as I used to.

• Love Ben's videos :lol:
    Would really get this if it was an app or a compact desktop module for sure

• Love the sounds on my Casio CT-S1 - particularly the Rhodes with phaser.

Mike Martin of Casio confirmed that all the CT-S1 sounds are on the CT-S1000V, with more variations and customizable effects. He cautioned that the arranger features may not be as comprehensive as the CT-X5000 and CT-X3000, which have 17-track sequencers, onboard editing of User Rhythms, more higher wattage amps for the onboard speakers, etc.

OTOH, CT-S1000V's sequencer has about 40,000 note/999 measure capacity per song like on the CT-X units, 6-track sequencing, can import/export Songs and User Rhythms to Bluetooth app and/or USB drive, can sample, etc.

CT-S1000V will also include the WU-BT10 Bluetooth adapter for wireless MIDI and audio connection. Haven't looked too deeply into the MIDI controller aspect yet, however.

• Anybody found this available anywhere yet? I’ve so always wanted a Casio

• @oat_phipps said:
    Anybody found this available anywhere yet? I’ve so always wanted a Casio

Yeah! A Casio finally! 😄

Sweetwater have them listed but they say it's a few more weeks until they're getting the first batch.

• I like the voice synth too. I’ve recently been getting a very similar effect with Arturia Vocoder V on the Mac —not exactly the same but you can store vocal samples into the plug and play each sample separately on the keyboard. Different method but similar outcome. And it’s fun.

I’m sure the Casio will be a ton of fun. I can see it being great as a first keyboard especially as you can use the speakers as a Bluetooth stereo.

In the meantime I think I’m going to see if I can find my old CZ-3000 in my mum’s loft.

If it works it will be like getting a new synth. There’s a good chance it wont though! :-/

I do have a big soft spot for Casio — the CZ was my first synth.

• @Samu said:
    We need this as a synth app NOW :D
    (Watching the video, well worth a watch).

My thoughts exactly.