Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

IPad AUV3 apps on Mac

So I finally got the nerve to update my 2020 13in Intel MBP from Catalina to BigSur so I could instal Animoog Z and Model 15 on my Mac. I hesitated so long for fear of other apps and plugins I bought not working, so far everything’s ok 👍🏽.
So I have a few other apps that I bought on IPad OS I was able to download but nowhere even close to the amount of apps I’ve purchased. Now I’m not opposed to buying some of them again just to have them on my Mac but where the heck are they? I searched for Auv3’s but found very few. I thought there might be other non music apps like Lumafusion available to download.
So question, are there a lot more Auv3 apps available but I just need an M1 Mac????

Comments

• Lol, never mind, just saw this on the AppStore, so apparently I do need an M1 Mac 🤷🏽‍♂️

• @Strizbiz said:
    Lol, never mind, just saw this on the AppStore, so apparently I do need an M1 Mac 🤷🏽‍♂️

Model 15 can be installed in Intel macs, look in your purchase history in the app store. I had this installed in my old Intel desktop Mac.

• Model 15 can be installed in Intel macs, look in your purchase history in the app store. I had this installed in my old Intel desktop Mac.

Thanks I already downloaded that and Animoog Z, I just thought there would be more of my favorite apps available. At some point I’d love to get an M1 14inch MBP, and I’m sure they’ll drop a M2 or something a month later lol.

• For the apps that are written for the iPad that are enabled for the Mac, you need an Apple Silicon Mac.

For AUv3 as a general thing on the Mac, most of them aren't going to be on the Apple Store for the Mac. We're also still in a sort of change over period where lots of plugins still aren't moved to the version 3 standard yet.

• edited July 2023

Anybody knows where or how the AUV3 apps are stored on the Mac?

I would expect under Application Support / Plugins... but nothing to see on my mac.

Are they invisible files?

• edited July 2023

@tobi77 said:

I would expect under Application Support / Plugins... but nothing to see on my mac.

There are files at /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components. There may be files in other locations as well, not sure.

• edited July 2023

For Host Apps with AUv3 'extensions' they are usually stored inside the app-bundle and scanned by the system.
    For example Mela 4 stores it's 'AUv3' plug-ins as *.appex inside the app-bundle (Contents/Plug-Ins), same goes for MiRack and most likely every single AUv3 downloaded from the AppStore...

• @zah said:

@zah said:

@tobi77 said:

I see mine under Applications, not in the usual VST Component folders.

I'm not exactly sure how Reaper knows this. I don't see a plugin path for that in Options, but there's Model D and others ready in Reaper. Maybe @Samu touched on that in his post, but I didn't grasp it.

All the AUv3's downloaded from the Appstore store the AUv3 Plug-in inside the App Bundle in the Applications folder.
    It's possible for a host to scan for app-extensions installed on the system.

For Model D, 15 and Animoog Z Moog has made additional VST wrappers available for download.

• @zah said:

Be gentle @Samu :) , by "App Bundle", do you mean within the actual .app that's shown in Applications? (as I'm not seeing "App Bundle" in the Applications Folder)

That is Correct :sunglasses:

On Mac all the applications are bundles/packages in short folders with files packaged into a bundle.
    You can check this by doing a 'Control + Click' or 'Right Click' on any application and select 'Show Package Contents'.

This will open the 'application bundle' and you'll be able to browse its content, you'll usually find the *.appex plug-in in Contents/PlugIns folder.

Cheers!

• Interesting. Do other MIDI processor AUv3's show up properly in Reaper?

• @zah said:

(Though I'm still unsure as to why Logic sees the Step/Arp Buds, but Reaper doesn't).

My guess here (as I'm not a Reaper user) is that Reaper scans the plug-in folders but does not query the OS for any available plug-ins. It's the same with Renoise. It just scans the plug-in folders, thus some AUv3's are 'missing'.