Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cubasis 3 Update is coming

Steinberg's @Lars posted in the Cubasis forum that they are preparing an update. I'm very excited which new features it will bring us.

For now we know 3.4 will have chord buttons in the virtual keyboard.

5:27 an on.

Comments

• @krassmann said:
    Steinberg's @Lars posted in the Cubasis forum that they are preparing an update. I'm very excited which new features it will bring us.

For now we know 3.4 will have chord buttons in the virtual keyboard.

5:27 an on.

Sooooo the chord buttons over the keyboard are going to be added....like it already is in Cubasis 2.....ok. Can’t wait to see what other new features are going to be added.

• Chord button alone would be very underwhelming for 3.4... let's hope there's more to come.

Dedicated drum grid with all the features. Would really open up the Classic Machines but would be great to be able to load samples too. A bit like Caustic's Beatbox was doing nearly 10 years ago...

Samu might explode of he doesn't get a better Mini Sampler soon! (I agree, it's needs expanding)

Flexible audio routing pleeease.

Ummm that's all I can think of TBH other than new toys which are always nice: another Waves effect (dunno what), some kinda new synth - what's that Steinberg mononsynth?

Personally happy for IAPs to be honest...

• edited January 2022

I think the chord buttons were kind of a glitch that they appeared on the video. They had to explain it in the subtitles. True, if this would be the only new feature it would be disappointing. But I don’t think so. I really hope that AUs become first class citizens when it comes to Midi learn and automating exposed parameters.

• @FPC said:

Samu might explode of he doesn't get a better Mini Sampler soon! (I agree, it's needs expanding)

I'll try to keep cool, @LFS and his team will add those features if/when see it fit...
    ...since it's already taken so long I'd rather see support for scales in the piano-roll and keyboard added first.

Drambo and SunVox cover most of my sampling, synthesis and sequencing needs for now :sunglasses:

• @krassmann said:
    I really hope that AUs become first class citizens when it comes to Midi learn and automating exposed parameters.

Do you mean that you would to be able to automate AUs without first having to tweak a knob/slider in record mode to get it to show up as editable?

• FPCFPC
    edited January 2022

• i’d just like to see better audio. cubasis works great without headphones. but with bluetooth headphones, ( airpod pro, on new pro max phone) audio quality drops, and and degrades as i try to add tracks. and when i open old projects, there are track tempo issues and general bugs. it been this way for the last 3-4 updates. hopefully a fix is on its way.
    when is the newest update supposed to come out?

• How about a deal with Kontact…. That would get my attention.

• Much more flexible midi routing would be a
    great boon and for users to be able to use Aux's in series.
    I know we can sort of do this with the Group faders
    already but it's not quite the same thing.
    Audio Evolution, Auria Pro and BM3 can use effects in series via Aux's.
    Talking about Group faders, the way it's currently implemented
    in Cubasis 3 they function more as a Group bus.
    It would be really nice to be able to assign proper Grouping for the faders.
    Auria Pro is lovely for that.

• I would really love to see:

• Clip looping (available in Garageband iOS, Xequence 2, Nanostudio 2)
    • Clip references (e.g. Cubase "ghost parts"; available in Xequence 2, Nanostudio 2)

The lack of these 2 are pretty much the only thing that prevent me from using Cubasis as my DAW.
    I've been holding off on buying Cubasis 3, as there is no point for me to upgrade unless these features are added.

• Ableton Link….?

• @RajahP said:
    Ableton Link….?

Here’s what i do for A Link in Cubasis.

Add a Link compatible AU plug in to a CB track. I use EG Pulse. CB syncs to that obviously…

Run your other Link app/s and sync them to EG Pulse ( it shows up).

Now CB will run with the Link network sync.

You can mute the Pulse track in CB if you don’t want to hear it!

• Drum grid, sorting the headphone issue, tempo and timing changes. That’d make me happy for now

• Tuning the drums in Classic Machines would be a pretty nice and likely very, very easy to add feature...
    ...I mean they already react to pitch-bend...

• @ltf3 said:

@RajahP said:
    Ableton Link….?

Add a Link compatible AU plug in to a CB track. I use EG Pulse. CB syncs to that obviously…

Ok.. will try that, later… Some swear by MidiLinkSync too..

More thinking about multiple devices ABLink..

• @FPC said:

@krassmann said:
    I really hope that AUs become first class citizens when it comes to Midi learn and automating exposed parameters.

Do you mean that you would to be able to automate AUs without first having to tweak a knob/slider in record mode to get it to show up as editable?

Yes, regarding automation that's what I meant. But CB3 Midi learn only works for the Steinberg plugins. If the AU doesn't have native Midi learn you are out of luck.

• edited January 2022

@busker said:

• Clip references (e.g. Cubase "ghost parts"; available in Xequence 2, Nanostudio 2)

Yah I cant imagine using anything without this now for working with midi.

• @MistaG said:
    Drum grid, sorting the headphone issue, tempo and timing changes. That’d make me happy for now

Honestly when I first made the change from long-term Android Caustic user to an iOS Cubasis user I couldn't believe there wasn't a dedicated drum grid... I keep searching for it, thinking I must be missing something. "They don't really expect us to enter drums straight to the piano roll right?"
    Then I discovered the IAP for Classic Machines and thought "ahhh here we go". Nope, just some (very nice) samples.

Should I just buy Polybeat and stop moaning? :D

• @krassmann said:
    I think the chord buttons were kind of a glitch that they appeared on the video. They had to explain it in the subtitles. True, if this would be the only new feature it would be disappointing. But I don’t think so. I really hope that AUs become first class citizens when it comes to Midi learn and automating exposed parameters.

His @krassmann,

No glitch... the clip you've seen belongs to a series of new Cubasis clips which shows several aspects of the things you can do with Cubasis. When filming started the "Chord Buttons" were available beta-wise, so we've decided to include them in the clip.

Best,
    Lars

• LFSLFS
    edited January 2022

@eross said:
    i’d just like to see better audio. cubasis works great without headphones. but with bluetooth headphones, ( airpod pro, on new pro max phone) audio quality drops, and and degrades as i try to add tracks. and when i open old projects, there are track tempo issues and general bugs. it been this way for the last 3-4 updates. hopefully a fix is on its way.
    when is the newest update supposed to come out?

Hi @eross,

You should not experience audio issues when using Bluetooth headphones.
    Please follow these steps:

• Please connect your BT headphones to the iPad
    • Launch Cubasis and go to Setup/Audio and enable “Bluetooth / AirPlay” by tapping the corresponding button

If the you encounter any issues, please go to Setup/Project and choose (or reselect) the matching sample rate of your project.

On a side note:
    Please note that connecting wireless headphones bring lots of system-related latency, which will make it hard to record instruments in real-time.

Please let me know if this helps to solve the issue.

Stay safe
    and best wishes,
    Lars

• Great idea! Will this work if the other AUs are in different midi tracks in CB3? Or do they have to be hosted in AUM?

@ltf3 said:

@RajahP said:
    Ableton Link….?

• edited January 2022

@ltf3 said:

@RajahP said:
    Ableton Link….?

What happens when you change bpm on the other LINK'ed device?
    Will C3 time stretch the audio tracks in realtime?

• edited January 2022

Personally, I'm really hoping for 'clone' patterns, rather than every pattern being a completely unique entity. Being able to tweak one or two notes in a pattern and have all other 'cloned' instances throughout the track automatically update to match would save me a HUGE amount of time.

Didn't realise how essential a feature this was for me, (coming from Caustic, then FL Studio, which both have it), until I discovered Cubasis didn't have this option.

That would make Cubasis just about perfect for my use. Well... perhaps some slightly better-implemented automation controls if I'm being picky, maybe with the ability to automatically generate sine waves / S-curves / square waves etc. between automation points...!

• I want midi clip ghosting! MIDI CLIP GHOSTINGGG!!

And track lanes!

Like in Nanostudio!

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @DanSebPage said:
    Personally, I'm really hoping for 'clone' patterns, rather than every pattern being a completely unique entity. Being able to tweak one or two notes in a pattern and have all other 'cloned' instances throughout the track automatically update to match would save me a HUGE amount of time.

Didn't realise how essential a feature this was for me, (coming from Caustic, then FL Studio, which both have it), until I discovered Cubasis didn't have this option.

Yes, this is exactly what I was talking about above. I currently use Xequence 2 and Nanostudio 2 for MIDI editing as they have this feature.

• @busker said:

@DanSebPage said:

Yes, this is exactly what I was talking about above. I currently use Xequence 2 and Nanostudio 2 for MIDI editing as they have this feature.

This! I’ve been asking this for years. It’s so annoying having to manually change every clip instance manually.

• I really wish Xequence or NanoStudio would be hosted inside CB3 so this way one could just save a project in CB3 and recall everything all inside CB3. Just for safekeeping and having all aspects of your project in one place.

• @busker said:
    I would really love to see:

• Clip looping (available in Garageband iOS, Xequence 2, Nanostudio 2)

The lack of these 2 are pretty much the only thing that prevent me from using Cubasis as my DAW.
    I've been holding off on buying Cubasis 3, as there is no point for me to upgrade unless these features are added.

+1

• Still no tempo/time-signature tracks, or has it been added and I missed it when I looked away for a bit?
    To me that is a to-buy-or-not-buy divider.