Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Rest In Peace, Howard Alexander Dumble

McDMcD
edited January 2022 in Other

Custom Guitar Amp builder and world class character has passed on.

https://www.musicradar.com/news/howard-alexander-dumble-death

https://en.memesrandom.com/alexander-dumble/

And the story from Robben Ford of the history of the Dumble design of his most popular amp design based on a mod'ed Fender Bassman that Robben used:

Comments

• Wow, really sad news man. RIP 😔

• Oh damn, that really sucks.

A true master craftsman.

Thanks for the head-up, McD

• I heard about this man recently in a JHS Show on YouTube. I also heard the word "dumblesque" for the first time recently. The price of these amps were already crazy expensive, I guess they will go even higher.

Sad news for the music community.

Rest in Peace sir.

• His amps were already astronomical in price, just imagine what they’ll go for tomorrow…

I’m thinking anyone fortunate enough to own one won’t be parting with it, though.

• @SNystrom said:
    His amps were already astronomical in price, just imagine what they’ll go for tomorrow…
    I’m thinking anyone fortunate enough to own one won’t be parting with it, though.

He was selling them originally for $1700 and then noticed that the collector market was driving up prices based on scarcity. Since he wasn't benefiting from this collectors market he raised his prices and starting selling/making 2-3 amps a year. Really obsessing over the smallest details and working with the buyer to tailor the amp to his particular style and tastes. He used the finest components he could find including the wires, switches, pots, etc.

There are also companies that created amp lines based on copying his circuits like Two-Rock. If he found out someone was buying and in a few cases endorsing Two-Rock it would send him over the edge... understandably but for the great unwashed masses we just want access to those tones. Sorry, Howard... it's not personal... it's just art... and not business.

• RIP , creator of causing second most crazed mythical gear gas in industry after KLON

• Sad news. Not widely heard of, but revered by those who have heard of him.

• Wow. As a guitar player tho I’ve never looked into him, I’m very familiar with the status of his amps but honestly didn’t think he was still alive. The price of these amps will undoubtedly skyrocket now.

• It would be sweet if Nembrini or Overloud tracked-down one or more of his greatest amps, modeled them and shared they with the world with a significant majority of the profits going to any surviving family members or his charity of choice — if he had one.

Would be a wonderful way to spread the Dumble love.

• I went to his place once, back in the 80’s in Santa Cruz. I went there with Henry Kaiser, who was either buying an amp or picking up a repair. It was an interesting visit.

• edited January 2022

Wow, what a great idea!
    The only reason I bought the Overloud THU Vintage Collection 1 Rig was for the Dumble rig capture. So glad it’s the only rig in that collection that sounds best to me imho. The Music Man amp capture is spot on as well since I owned one. But I wish i did own a Dumble. Maybe I’ll get lucky and see one in a yard sale someday or a pawn shop.

@SNystrom said:
    It would be sweet if Nembrini or Overloud tracked-down one or more of his greatest amps, modeled them and shared they with the world with a significant majority of the profits going to any surviving family members or his charity of choice — if he had one.

Would be a wonderful way to spread the Dumble love.